Chapter Thirty-four

By His Side

Minzy slowly started to come to as she felt someone brush something across her face. Though she wanted nothing more than a little more sleep, whoever it was, wasn't allowing her to.

"Whaaaat," she mumbled as she tried to brush who's ever hand it was away from her face. But there was a soft chuckle as the annoying thing brushing against her face continued. "Let me get some sleep," she whinned as she pouted.

"You look pretty cute when you pout like that you know," she recognized the voice being the king. Quickly snapping open her eyes, she saw the king leaning over her with a wide smile, "Good morning friend!"

"Oh my goodness GD, what time is it," she yond as she rubbed at her eyes.

"Late afternoon," he smiled as he watched her face go into shock.

"It's WHAT?!"

He nodded as he took a seat next to her, "Yeah, I just wanted to come and check on you to see if you wanted some lunch."

"Umm sure," she grinned as she tried to push herself up.

"Here let me help you," GD said as he reached over to support her back in one hand and pull her up with the other.

"Thank you," she gasped in relief as she sat up.

"No worries," he grinned as he looked over his shoulder to her foot. "How is the foot doing?"

"Meh...it's okay," she shrugged as she saw that the swelling had mostly gone down and it seemed as if her foot was bruising a dark purple.

He nodded as he pouted, "I missed having my friend around. It was kind of lonely without you."

"That's sweet of you," she slightly grinned.

"You didn't miss me as well," he teasingly pushed at her shoulder causing her to chuckle.

"No not really, I was pretty comfortable where I was at," she said half teasing and half true.

"And where would that comfortable place be," he asked as he eyed her suspiciously.

"That's for me to know and you to never find out."

"Really?"

"Really," she nodded. "Now are you going to be a good friend and grab me something to eat or ask a maid to come to me," she asked to change the subject before he could pressure her into telling him.

"Oh yeah," he chuckled remembering why he had come to see her in the first place. "I will go and make you something to eat," he grinned as he bent forward and placed a kiss onto the top of her head before leaving.

Minzy sighed as she watched the king leave. She thought about Top and CL's farm and wondered to herself if she ever could trust GD enough to tell him of the farm. It was a place that she held dear to her heart, a place she called her own. A place that she was torn of letting the king know of.

 

Minzy awoke to hearing her door being open. She hadn't realized that she had fallen asleep from waiting for her meal. "I'm sorry I took so long," the king walked in with a silver platter in hand. "Here you are," GD grinned as he placed the platter onto her lap.

"Why thank you," she mirrored his grin as she looked to see a bowl of soup that had bread and freshly cut fruit on the side. "This looks delicious!"

"Well I hope you enjoy it."

She nodded as she grabbed her spoon to scoop up some of her soup and blow on it. Doing so, she noticed how the king was intently staring at her spoons every movement, "GD?"

"Hmm," he hummed as he continued to stare at her spoon.

"Are you hungry as well," she asked unsure as to why he was eyeing her spoon.

"Oh umm...no I'm fine," he nervously chuckled as he ran his hand through his hair.

Though she didn't believe him, she watched him from the corner of her eye as she was moving the spoon to her lips to see him almost fall over. "Did you poison this," she quickly asked as she pulled away.

"No," he chuckled as he nodded for her to just eat it already.

She sighed as she sipped on the spoonful of soup. It was delicious, but it was missing something, "Hmm..."

"What," he asked nervously. "Is there something wrong? Does it taste bad?"

She shook her head as she concentrated on the lasting taste in , "Hmm...there's something...misssing."

"There is?! I followed every step the cheif told me to the tee! How can there be something missing?! The cheif told me it tasted great," GD frowned in disappointment.

Minzy grinned as she reached out and lightly placed her hand onto his arm, "I didn't say that it tasted bad. I said it was missing something. Try adding a pinch of salt to the soup and maybe that will do the trick."

"Alright," he huffed as he quickly scooped up the tray to add in the missing ingredient. Before she knew it, he was back in a flash. "Okay hopefully this will taste better," GD called as he made his way over to place the tray before her.

"I hope so too," she smiled and began to stir the warm soup as he took a seat next to her. Scooping up a spoonful, she could tell that he was holding his breath as she lightly sipped at it.

"Well..."

"Well..." she held a hard face as she tried to savor the taste. "It's heavenly," she finally smiled as she scooped up some more.

"Thank goodness," he let out a sigh of relief as she chuckled.

"GD you really didn't have to."

"Yes I did! I've missed you, it's the least I could do now that you're back. I really did feel so lonely," he pouted.

She chuckled at his boyish gestures and couldn't help the thoughts that came to mind, "GD you wouldn't know what loneliness felt like. You've always had someone by your side, so please don't use such a word when you've never truly experienced it." She watched as his demeanor begin to harden, "I can't accept your friendship when...when all I feel is loneliness just by looking at you."

There was a moment of silence before he softly spoke, "Is that all you feel when you look at me?" Minzy sat and thought about what he had asked. She knew the answer to his question, but she just didn't have the words phrase it. "Minzy," she heard him softly coo before he gently turned her face to face with him. "What do you feel when you look at me," he asked again as their eyes locked.

She was in a trance as she stared deep into his eyes. It felt like she was staring into the windows of his soul, as he let explore them deeply. Many thoughts ran through her mind, one being the fact that Daesung truly had his father's eyes. This thought made her tremble, he was her son's father.

"Minzy," she heard GD's voice pull her out of her thoughts.

Feeling strong arms wrap around her, she didn't realize she had her eyes closed with tears streaming down her face. Her tears began to stain his chest as she continued to think of how Daesung had his eyes. "GD stop confusing me," she mumbled into his chest. "Let me hate you! I need to hate you!" She felt his embrace tighten around her, "Let me go! I was happier with the life I was making away from the palace. Why can't you just let me go," she cried harder.

"Because I'm a selfish man Minzy. I just can't let you go," he answered as he leaned his head onto hers.

This comment angered her as she pulled away from his embrace and pushed him away, "And look where your selfishness got you! You no longer have the woman you love and instead you have me." She pointed at herself as the feelings of loneliness started to invade her heart, "You have me, someone who is forced to be by your side. Someone who I know deep down you blame for all your unhappiness and so called loneliness. Someone I know you will never truly love to have by your side."

"Minzy why do you speak such lies?"

"Lies?! I am not lying, I only speak of what I've seen," she spoke with so much venom.

Gripping onto her wrist he yanked her to where they were face to face once more, "Then I ask you to please look again, for you must not have searched sincerely to know how I truly feel!"

Shutting her eyes tight she turned her face away, "I've seen enough. You can only ask me to do so much and forgiving you is one thing I can never do."

She felt his grip loosen before he pulled away, causing her to slowly turn to look at him. He seemed hurt and wounded, "You're right...I don't deserve your forgiveness, yet I must say am not as the Gods. I am not perfect, I am only but a man who will make mistakes Minzy. And I know that you have your share of flaws and mistakes. You knew I was in love with another woman before we were married. You knew that our marriage was never based on love. You knew that our life was solely based for show. You knew that in order to stay faithful to the one I loved I could not come to you. You knew that sneaking into Dara's house and pretending to be her to sleep with me would hurt her and I both deeply, yet you did it anyways! I was nothing but honest to you and Dara and where has that left me?! Alone! Dara slept with enemy and ran away with my trusted guard and you...you continue to hang my past over my head when you are also at fault for how things turned out!"

Minzy sat stunned as he nearly shouted the last words. His stare was intense as she sat speechless. She tried to process something to say, but at the moment it felt as though her body and mind had gone into shock. She sat paralyzed and watched as he sighed deeply before he raised up and made his way out. Doing so, she was in a daze as his words started to sink deep down into her heart.

 

Minzy awoke to hearing her door being opened. Fear mingled with excitement started to flow throughout her body as she quietly waited to see if it was GD coming. "Good evening my dear queen," Dongwook smiled brightly as he walked around to her.

"Dongwook," she answered somewhat surprised by his presence. She was too into her thoughts of what had happened earlier that day to remember Dongwook was coming to see her.

"How was your day my queen," he asked as he placed a sweet kiss onto her forehead.

She grinned as he took a seat next to her, "It just got better."

"So I guess it wasn't that great," he teased before he opened the cloak he was wearing, revealing something that looked like a sling that wrapped around his chest. Before Minzy could ask what it was, he tugged at one end loosing it to reveal Daesung that was lying up against his chest.

"My precious baby," she nearly squealed in delight.

She clapped her hands together as he carefully took Daesung out and placed the small child in her arms, "He's missed you."

Lightly brushing her nose against Daesung's she softly cooed, "I've missed you too. Today has been such a tiring day without you."

 

Author's Notes:

O-M-GEE mizzm29 is alive hahaha! I know it's been like a month since I've updated but life has been crazy. So since I'm sick today and am having some down time, I've decided to try and make it a producitve down time and write you all this chapter. Sorry it's a wee bit dramatic, but I get like that when I'm sick lol. Hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for your patience. <3