Chapter Forty-two

By His Side

Minzy was sure she was out of her mind for letting him of all people take her anywhere. Didn't she just tell him that she didn't trust him? But here she was letting him guide her to who knows where. With her hand in his, they both walked in silence. Neither one wanting to break the comfortable silence as they walked the halls of the palace.

Minzy was shocked to see where the king had taken her, that she didn't realize she had frozen in place. She felt a tug at her hand as a million thoughts started to race through her mind. Why out of all places did he bring her here? She started to tremble as they arrived at their destination. She wanted to know why, but she couldn't move out of fear as to why he would bring her here .

GD crouched down as he still held her hand. Frowning as he placed his hand onto the cold dirt, the sad memory started to fill his mind, "This is where I knew I had failed the kingdom and most importantly you. The pain of guilt should have killed me when I saw you  drop to your knees. The way you hovered over our dead child calling him to come back to us still haunts me. I knew it was my fault and God made sure to let me know of my sins that day. He was my hope and reason to change, but I guess I God intended for my life to be harder after all that I've put you through. This day changed me."

Minzy was lost in the moment as she started to see things through his eyes. The tears began to flow freely as the both of them stared at the grave. Both on their knees weeping at the memory that had changed both of their lives. 

"I don't think this was meant as a punishment," Minzy broke through the quiet sobbs. Taking his shakey hands in hers she gently spoke, "GD this is where both of our lives changed. It connected us deeper than just king and queen. We became bound to each other at that moment in time."

"I know now, even if I've been denying it. It was in this moment that I understood my responsibility to you and this child."

His comment tugged at her heart. Releasing his hands, she rose to her feet, "Please don't. I don't want you to feel obligated to me anymore. We've been living our lives taking responsibility of each other. Let us be free of this burden."

"Minzy do you honestly feel this way? Am I a burden to you," he rose to meet her with a fierce glare as if he was offended.

"Don't give me that look when you're telling me that I'm nothing more than a responsibility to you! I should be asking you that question with that look on my face! Am I a burden to you?! Huh GD?! Am I?!"

"You know exactly what you are to me! But even if you can't admit to it, I guess I'll have to continue to show you," he growled as he grabbed her wrist and led her away from the grave. 

"Where are we going," she asked confused and flustered by his aggressiveness.

"You're a stubborn woman," was all he could say as he headed towards the horse stable. 

As they entered the stable, the king released his grip and went to work. Meanwhile Minzy stood and watch the king prepare his horse before hopping on. He reached out his hand to help her on, but she shook her head refusing to go with him. "Take my hand," he demanded. 

"No! I'm not going with you when you're upset like this," she crossed her arms and looking away. She had to remind herself to be angry with this man before her.

He let out a huff of frustration as he moved his horse closer to her, "If you still take pride in yourself I would suggest you willingly get onto this horse."

"Or what," she challenged him.

"Or I will come down and throw you onto my horse myself!"

She coughed a laugh at the ridiculous thought, "You wouldn't!"

"Yes I would with all the trouble you're causing me."

"Oh so I'm first your responsibility and now all I do is cause trouble for you?! Well then let me just save you the trouble and leave,"   she spoke proudly as she pivoted to head the opposite direction. 

Minzy was determined in her resolve to show him off. She was sure that he was out to ruin her day and give her more reasons as to why she should leave. But the thoughts came to an abrupt halt as she felt herself being pulled back and lifted in the air. She squeaked out in fright by the sudden sensation as she was placed over the king's shoulder.  

She felt like a child throwing a tantrum as she kicked and screamed, "Put me down! Put me down! Put me down!"

"No! I can be stubborn too. If you won't get onto the horse yourself..."

"I will! I will! Just please put me down," she squeaked horrified at the thought of him tossing her onto the horse.

"Do you promise," he paused in his tracks with her still over his shoulder.

"Yes! I will get on your horse. Now put me down!"

Minzy glared at GD as she was put down. He had never treated her like that before. It angered her more to see a glimmer of amusement in his eyes as if what had just happened was funny to him. Letting her anger get the best of her, she quickly mounted the horse before smirking at the king and then clicking her heels into the horse. Riding off in a flash she ignored his calls and rode out. Faster and farther she kept going from the kingdom. The liberating feeling coursed throughout her body. 

"Cheater! You should'be told me you wanted to race," GD shouted out as he flanked her right side. "But it would help if you knew where the finish line is." He gave her that same amused look that she had just run from.

"And where might that be?!"

"Let my horse take the lead, she knows that place by heart," he said before racing past her.

Pouting she leaned forward and whispered, "Take me to the finish line." She grinned as the horse charged forward with more force. Swiftly moving through the city, she held on tight as she wondered where he was leading her. As if the horse could read her mind, it came to a slow stop in front of a very familiar cottage. 

Quickly moving off the horse she stood in front of the cottage and closed her eyes. Flashes of her coming to this cottage came to mind. "No," she gasped as she covered . She stood in disbelief at where she was. How could he bring her here? Was he out of his mind. Turning to leave she ran into GD's arms.

"You need to be here as much as I do," he spoke softly as he gently led her to the cottage.

She didn't dare close her eyes for the fear of her memory getting the best of her. But keeping her eyes open wasn't any better as they approached the cottage. As GD opened the door, it was as of she was literally reliving the past. Everything seemed to look the same , it felt as though time had no affect on this place.

"Why," was all she could say as he guided her to the small bedroom.

He let go of her as he made his way to the bed, "I should have known there was something wrong that night that I accidentally made love to you thinking it was Dara. I had all these warning signs flash in my mind that there was something wrong. Dara and I had been arguing every day...because..."GD went quiet thinking on if he should really say it.

"Because.."

"I just...I don't know how to say this without sounding...pathetic," he sighed as he hung his head. Though it didn't make any sense, she quietly sat down to help encourage him. "Minzy you and I had such a complex relationship. When we lost our baby I found myself always telling Dara of the guilt I felt. She could never fully understand and when she tried I pushed her away. The two women in my life I kept pushing away. My mind went one way and my heart the other." She continue to listen as her mind lingered on the thought of where his heart might be with, but knew better to think it would be with her. "Minzy?"

His voice pulled her out of her trance as she glanced over to him,"Hmm?"

"Did you just hear what I said?"

"Yes you said your heart and mind were going separate ways," she answered somewhat annoyed that he would think otherwise.

"What did I say after that?"

"I can't quite remember word for word. But you were expanding more on our complex relationship," she grinned proudly at her quick thinking.

GD shook his head as he stood to his feet hurt that he was pouring out his heart yet she wasn't listening. The small victory was replaced with panick as he began to walk away.

"Wait," she quickly reached for his arm to stop him. Seeing him stand in place she quietly rose to her feet still gripping onto his arm just in case and made her way around to come face to face with him. "I apologize I was listening but...My mind kept replaying the thought as to where your mind and heart were leading you."

His gaze grew intense as he stared deep into her eyes, "My mind led me here." He pointed to the bed behind her with his free hand. He went silent for a moment as his stare continue to burn her deep to the core. Bringing his free hand forward, he lightly caressed her face before cupping her small face into his strong yet gentle hands, "You are where my heart was moving towards." He descended towards her full lips, kissing her deeply and slowly as if savoring the moment. "When we made love that night I was thinking of you," he softly breathed against her lips before taking her lips to his for another sensually deep kiss.

 

 

 

Author's Notes:

So I'm just gonna stop this chapter there, in my mind I had this chapter longer but I'll just save the next part for the next chapter. This way this is my valentine gift for all my lovely readers! Don't worry this is not a mature fic, even though I do find myself writing close to the border line of mature haha. Thanks for your patience, reading, and commenting, just all of the above thank you all hehe. FYI if there are a lot of typos I apologize, I'm writing this on my phone, hence the slower updates as well.