Chapter Twenty-three

By His Side

Minzy's eyes widened in shock at who she stood staring at when Bom's voice rang pierced the intense silence, "MOM the bad lady is here!"

"Who," CL asked as she appeared and gasped as she looked over to see who her daughter was refering to. "GET OUT! Get out of my house right now," CL shouted as she walked up to the two.

"I'm sorry," Seungri tried to say as he stepped in front of her to block her from going at Dara.

"You have some nerve to come into this house! You ," CL shouted over Seungri's shoulder.

But Dara stood unmoving as she looked to the queen. It seemed as though she was so used to those comments that it didn't faze her, "I've come to talk with the queen."

"You're damn right she's the queen and you should remember that," CL continued to shout as she sheilded Minzy. "You think you can come into people's homes and ruin them? Think again you home wrecker! Not in this house!"

"CL," Minzy softly spoke as she reached for her dear friend's wrist to calm her.

CL looked back to see Minzy who stood with pleading eyes, "Minzy I will most gladly throw her out of this house if you'd like."

Minzy grinned knowing that she would do just that in a heart beat but shook her head, "No it's okay. I need to speak with her."

"Yes please," Seungri looked to CL who glared at him.

"You got some nerve to bring her into my house," CL ranted as she grabbed Bom's hand and walked her into the kitchen as Seungri followed behind her leaving Minzy and Dara alone.

Minzy didn't think twice as she walked right up to Dara and slapped her hard across the face letting her fall to her knees. The fury burned in her eyes as she glared down at Dara who sat holding her cheek as she stared at the ground. It was as if she was letting Minzy have her way with her.

"You have some nerve to come here," Minzy finally broke the silence as she watched Dara get up to face her. "What do you want? Forgiveness? If that's what you've come to seek I suggest that you go back to the palace because you won't recieve any from me." Dara nodded in understanding as Minzy continued to speak coldly at her. "Isn't that what you both wanted? To be together in your little happy palace? If that's what you want you have it. Now leave here and don't come back if you want to continue to live your sick made up fairy tale!"

Tears started to fall down Dara's cheeks as she wrapped her arms around herself, "This wasn't supposed to happen."

"You've won. Is that what you want to hear?! YOU'VE WON," Minzy shouted at her. "NOW GET OUT!"

Dara shook her head as she looked to Minzy with pleading eyes, "Please I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but hear me out please."

"Why should I?"

Dara bit her lower lip as she looked to the queen, "I'm sorry..." Minzy coughed a laugh as she continued, "You're right I could never fill your place. Though I've tried and tried just by loving the king it was never enough." She looked away as more tears spilled over her cheeks, "I'm leaving."

"What do you mean you're leaving?"

"I'm doing what I never had the strength to do before. I'm running away from the king to where he won't ever find me."

"Why would that matter to me?"

Dara turned and glared at the queen, "Don't you get it?! I..." She paused as she pointed to herself as she choked a little on her sobs, "I...wasn't meant to be by his side. You are the queen and though I tried to love him it never was enough. I'm going to run away so that you can go back to your rightful place."

"What makes you think I'll go back?"

"You have to!"

Minzy shook her head, "No I don't."

"My queen please."

"You made this mess! Now you have to clean it up," she snapped at her.

"Why do you think I'm leaving? This is my way of cleaning things up."

"No, you don't come in here making demands!"

Seungri stepped in as he looked to Minzy with sad eyes as he walked over to Dara and embraced her, "Seungri what are you doing bringing her in like this, spouting nonsense and what not."

Seungri took Dara's hand in his as they stood looking at Minzy. Minzy stood confused as she watched Dara grin up at Seungri as she then looked to Minzy, "We're going to leave tonight."

"WE?! As in who," Minzy asked as she stared at the both of them.

"Me and Dara," Seungri said firmly as he tightened his grip on Dara's hand.

Minzy stumbled back a little as she tried to grasp the situation, "Seungri you're what?"

Seungri looked to Dara and smiled at her, "Can you go wait outside?"

She nodded as she looked to Minzy, "Though I'm sorry will never take back the pain you went through. Just know that I will forever live to prove to you that I truly am sorry."

Dara stepped outside onto the porch as Minzy stood with shock on her face looking at him to clarify what she meant, "Seungri what is going on?"

He frowned at her as he stepped face to face with her. Taking both of her hands in his he gave it a light squeeze as he bent down and sweetly kissed her lips. Tears fell from her eyes as she wrapped her arms around his neck letting him kiss her deeper. She didn't know what exactly was going on, but that didn't matter at the moment.

"I want you to be happy," he said as he pulled away and wiped at her tears.

"Seungri I don't understand," she cried as she looked up at his pain filled eyes.

He did his best to grin as he looked down at her, "I'm taking you back to the palace like I promised."

She sobbed as she embraced him, "Why can't you come with me? I need you."

He chuckled as he hugged her tighter, "This was the only way to make Dara leave so that you would go back. We will disappear in the night and I want you to go back to the palace understand?"

She shook her head into his chest as she let her tears stain his shirt, "No! I'm not going to let you do this to yourself."

He sighed as he pulled her away, "My queen please don't make this harder on me than it already is. I don't want to see you hurt any longer."

"I'm hurt right now."

He bit his lower lip as his eyes started to water as he bent down and kissed her lips once again, "In the next life I hope that God let's us be together." She cried harder as he stepped away from her, "Promise me that you will go back to the palace." 

Minzy nodded in understanding, "If you promise me to live a happy life."

"Dara and I will do our best," Seungri choked out through his now blurred vision. "Just as I want you to be happy with your son in the palace where you both belong."

It took all of Minzy's strength to not run after him as he walked out taking Dara's hand in his as they left. She fell to her knees crying as she held herself. "Minzy it's okay," CL said as she bent down to hold Minzy in her arms. "It's okay..."

 

Later on that night Seungri had sent a carriage with some of Minzy's belongings to her. She cried as she read the short note he had written her...

My Queen,

The king should be coming back from a trip he has made tonight and by then we will be long gone. Here is your carriage and a few of your belongs to wear on your grand entrance you will make in three days time. This will allow the king time to grieve and for you to fake as though you had just heard of the news. It will also seem as though you were living far away from the kingdom. The king will believe that Dara and I ran away because we're deep in love. Let him believe it and you need to learn to believe this news as well. Be strong my queen, the kingdom needs your strength and so does your son.

Seungri

 

CL and Bom helped Minzy dress in her fancy clothing. It had been a while since she had worn such extravagant clothing. "Wow just like a queen," Bom said in awe as the crown was placed onto Minzy's head.

"Hey let us see," the boys said as they knocked at the door.

CL and Minzy smiled at each other as Bom opened the door letting the boys and Top see their master piece, "Whoa you're beautiful!" The boys came running in to look at Minzy.

"She's always looked beautiful to me," Deuk smiled up at Minzy as Don was busy feeling the fancy material her dress was made of.

Top chuckled as he watched his daughter slap Don's hand away, "Don't touch it! You'll dirty her dress."

"Be nice," CL sighed as she linked her arm with Top to stare at Minzy.

"It's okay Bom I have more pretty dresses at the palace," Minzy smiled down at the children.

"You do?! Then I have to come and see them," Bom squealed. "Right mommy?!"

"Yes we should," CL laughed at her daughter who began to day dream.

Minzy stood smiling when she heard baby Daesung fussing. She looked to her bed seeing that Daesung had fluttered his eyes open. "Come here," she cooed as she bent down and scooped her baby up into her arms. Daesung smiled at her making Minzy mirror her smile, "Do you like it? Does it make mommy look pretty?" His smile widened as Minzy kissed his forehead, "Thank you! Mommy needs all the encouragement she can get for today."

 

Author's Notes:

omg idk why but I felt really really bad as I was writing Seungri and Minzy's little moment together. I figured they needed a moment together after what he's done for Minzy in this fic. Anywho thanks for reading and commenting! <3