Chapter Eleven

By His Side

Minzy lay in bed seeing the sun trying to peek through her thickly drapped windows. She had them put in so that she could continue to rest throughout the day. Tossing to face away from the windows she stared at the door knowing that it was almost time for the maid to come in. The maid was the only one permitted to come into her room. If there was any news that needed to be passed to the queen it had to go through the maid. This was her way of shutting out the world and letting herself morn for her loss. 

Minzy lie quietly when she heard Seungri's voice outside apparently bringing her some sort of news. When she heard the conversation come to an end, an expected tap came followed with the maid walking in with her meal in hand, "Good morning my lady."

The maid set the tray of food onto the bed and watched as the queen nodded as she picked up her water and took a couple of sips before setting it back down. "Okay that's enough."

"You haven't touched your food."

She shook her head as she lightly pushed the tray towards the maid, "I don't want it."

"My lady you haven't eaten for weeks," the maid sighed.

"Do you have anything to report to me," Minzy asked ignoring her comment.

"Yes, Seungri said that a couple has come to pay their respects that you might want to see."

Minzy shook her head not believing her, "Who is it? I told you I don't want any visitors."

"I think he said their names were Top and...CL?"

Minzy thought back to how she had delayed the visit from Top and CL after lossing the baby and thought that she had put them off for far too long. She sighed as she pushed herself up making the maid come to help her sit up, "Tell Seungri that I'll see them shortly and then come back here to help me."

The maid gave her a smile surprised that the queen was willing to see someone besides her for once, "Yes ma'am."

After the maid had returned, Minzy instructed her to open the drapes. She watched as the maid did so and quickly covered her eyes from the bright sun, "Ahh! So bright."

"Sorry my lady. Anything else?"

Minzy nodded as she asked the maid to brush her hair and lightly apply some makeup onto her face. Minzy only had enough strength to hold herself up from the lack of nourishment.

"Okay that's enough, now you can let them in," Minzy said as the maid smiled at her great work. She sat in silence glancing over to the windows once in a while as she tried to adjust her eyes to the brightness filling the room.

A light knock came at the door and she pullled the covers up to her waist as she watched the door slowly open, "My lady?"

"Come in," Minzy said as she saw Top peek his head in.

He gave her a half smile and nodded as he opened the door revealing him and the healthy looking CL smiling at her. She waved for them to enter and they did standing at the foot of her bed. She smiled as she patted to the side motioning for CL to sit next to her. CL nodded as she took a seat next to Minzy and took her hand in hers, "My queen you look so skinny from the last time I've seen you."

Minzy shrugged her shoulders, "I know, I'm sorry you have to see me like this and I'm sorry I had to put off our visit for so long."

"My queen we understand, we're just so grateful you allowed us see you today," Top stepped closer.

CL squeezed Minzy's hand and gave her an encouraging smile, "Yes, we are beyond grateful to see a dear friend."

Minzy smiled at CL when a thought crossed her mind, "I can't believe I've forgotten! Where are your children? Didn't I tell you Top that I wanted to see them the next time I saw you?"

"I'm sorry my queen we were unsure if you wanted to see our children," Top confessed.

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I..." Minzy paused when she realized the reason why.

It was silent for a moment, when CL faked a cough making Minzy and Top look at her, "Well we did bring you cookies that the children made especially for you."

"Really? Where are they?"

"The maid has them," Top said.

Minzy frowned as she looked up at Top, "Can you go and bring them to me?"

He smiled and nodded, "Of course I can. I'll be right back."

When he left the two alone, Minzy looked to CL and gave her a half smile. Her beauty of strength glowed and she wished she had that glow about her, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Minzy giggled as she shook her head, "No particular reason."

CL smiled as she brushed a stray hair away from Minzy's face, "My queen I know you must be going through a hard time."

Minzy's smile faded as CL guided her head onto her shoulder, "It's okay I understand."

"Do you?"

CL nodded as she put her head onto Minzy's, "Yes, Top and I lost our first child. It was a very hard time for us. But I made it through those dark times and now I have more beautiful children that are such handful sometimes."

Minzy felt a stray tear escape her eyes as she imagined herself with her own children, "How do I get over this?"

"One day at a time."

Top flung open the door making the two jump a little, "You scared me!"

"Top this isn't our house! You can't just barge in like that," CL growled.

"Oh...umm, sorry," he gave them both an apologetic smile. "I brought the cookies with a glass of milk," he put up the two objects as a peace offering.

Minzy chuckled as she nodded, "Thank you." He sat the plat onto her lap and found herself smiling down at the cookies.

"The children tried their best," CL said as she saw the queen starring down at the cookies.

Tears started to fall as Minzy continued to stare at the cookies. Two of them looked like little blobs and one was in a form of a cute little flower. With her free trembling hand she brushed her finger tips over the flower shaped cookie as more tears fell.

"Our little Bom made that one," CL whispered.

Minzy bit her lower lip as the tears continued to fall as she stared down at the precious cookie, "It's adorable."

"It tastes even better," Top added.

Minzy giggled knowing she must look weird crying over a little cookie, "Oh thanks." She rose the cookie to and took a small bite into it and shrugged chewing and swallowing it. CL handed her the milk and Minzy gladly accepted it letting the cookie and milk fill her stomach. "Mmm...that's good."

"I told you," Top chuckled.

"Well when I get better I'm going to have to pay them a special visit for these," Minzy looked down at her now treasured goods.

"Yes, please get better my lady."

"Yes the kingdom needs our queen healthy and strong," CL smiled as she gave Minzy a goodbye hug.

Minzy gave them one last wave as they left. She sighed feeling the weird sensation of food in her stomach. "Wow they got you to eat something," the maid walked in.

"Can you put these onto my dresser," Minzy asked as she pushed the plate towards her. The maid nodded and did what she was told. "Can you help me get dressed?"

"Where are you going my lady?"

"I want to see for myself how the kingdom is doing," Minzy said as she pushed the covers off.

The maid's eyes widened as she rushed over to steady Minzy, "Whoa my lady, one step at a time."

Minzy chuckled as she leaned her weight onto the maid pushing herself out of bed. She felt light headed as the blood rushed down to her weak legs. But she continued to walk towards her wardrobe with the help of her maid.

After getting dressed, Minzy turned to her dresser and took another bite of her flower shaped cookie and smiled to herself, "One day at a time."

With the help of her maid, Minzy walked down towards her throne earning a few gasps here and there at her surprise appearance. Not caring about the few whispers she could hear, she continued her journey towards the throne. Minzy let out a sigh of relief as she eased herself onto the throne.

"My queen to what do we owe the honors of your long awaited appearance, " the shocked Seungri bowed before her.

"I wanted to see how the kingdom is doing," Minzy waved for him to stand once more. She glanced over to the throne next to her and was grateful for the fact that she had beaten the king. "Seungri you can bring in whomever we have to see today."

"Umm..." though Seungri was grateful to see the queen she was so thin and looked too weak to be seeing people.

"Seungri hurry we don't want to keep them waiting," Minzy spoke feeling a little impatient.

He nodded walking away and giving time for the maid to whisper to her, "My lady you don't have to do this. The king will be here shortly."

Minzy rose her hand hearing enough, "No, I've been selfish. It is my duty to do this." She continued to look forward as she watched a commoner walk in and bow before her.

Minzy couldn't help but smile to herself feeling good to be out helping her people. She didn't realize how much she missed this. As each person came and went, she didn't realize that the king had taken his seat next to her. 

"Thank you my lady," the person bowed before leaving.

She gave him a smile as she looked to Seungri giving him the look to bring in the next person. Minzy sighed, but felt a stare coming from the side of her. She looked to see it was GD. She gasped a little surprised to see him, it had been weeks since she had last seen him.

"Welcome back," he finally spoke.

At the sound of his voice it sent chills down her spine. The memory of him putting her son into the ground ran through her mind making her look away from him. She clenched her fists as she focused her attention towards the person walking in. She didn't allow herself to look at him, she couldn't when all he reminded her of was what he had taken away from her.

After the last person left Minzy grinned to Seungri as she tried to push herself up from the throne. She lost her balance for a bit and the king quickly caught her before she could fall. Minzy quickly pushed herself off and away from him as her maid came rushing over to her. "Don't touch me," she hissed as she took hold of the maid. 

"I was just helping you," he called after her.

She only shook her head not wanting to hear his fake gestures of trying to be a gentleman.

When she found herself in her room once more she sighed as she found herself on her bed. After the maid helped her undress, Minzy laid herself onto her bed as GD's words kept repeating in her head...I was just helping you. The image of him came to mind and she couldn't help to think that he looked the same. No red eyes from the lack of sleep. No look of thinning from the lack of eating. Nothing seemed different. It was as if losing the baby was nothing to him. Was she the only one morning for the baby? She clenched her fists and drove them into her bed. Fury and anger filled her. Thoughts of madness began to run through her mind. She was going to make him feel the pain she was going through.

"I'm going to help you...feel what I'm feeling," she smirked to herself at the thoughts that came to mind.

 

Author's Notes:

Haha of course I had to use all my 2ne1 girls in my fics, I just couldn't resist the temptation! I don't want this fic to drag or feel like it's going on for forever and a day so that's why I keep doing time jumps with each chapter. Hopefully you're okay with that. <3