Chapter 2NE1

By His Side

Minzy sighed as she starred lovingly at the infant in her arms, "Hey baby Dae!"

"He's so adorable," Bom giggled as she cupped her small hands on the baby's face.

"Thank you Bom. Now we should go help your mommy before she gets mad," Minzy said wrapping the sling that held baby Daesung around her, letting him snuggle up against her. She then draped her cloak around them both out of precaution, just in case they had visitors due to the ongoing war.

"Okay let's go," Bom said taking a hold of Minzy's hand to walk outside.

"What took you two so long," CL asked as she continued to pick the apples from a tree.

"Sorry mommy we had to change Daesung's diaper he made a poopie," Bom plugged her nose and used the other to wave the pretend bad air away.

The two women laughed before they all started to pick apples. "We're going to make an apple pie tonight. Does that sound good," Minzy asked the baby who was squinting up at her as the sun started to shine in his face. Minzy chuckled as she moved to a shaded part of the tree and continued to pick more apples, tossing them into a bucket behind her, "You're growing into a handsome young man aren't you?" The baby grinned making Minzy pause. "Oh my goodness did I just see that?!"

"What," CL and Bom stopped to look over at her.

Baby Daesung grinned again, "Come look!" Both CL and Bom came rushing over to see Daesung grinning.

"Oh my goodness he's adorable," CL smiled.

"I know, his smile is a killer. It worries me for when he grows up," Minzy chuckled as she kissed the top of his head making him now smile. Minzy felt a warm sensation burning in her chest as she saw his bright smile. It was innocent, pure, loving, everything that she dreamt of and more. This caused tears to form at Minzy's eyes as she brushed her nose against his as he continued to smile.

"He knows you're his mom," CL said as she placed a hand onto Minzy's shoulder.

Minzy smiled at CL letting the tears fall as she nodded, "Thanks."

Though they had been in the middle of a war for about three months now, it all seemed little to nothing to Minzy. Daesung had become the center of her universe. She was the happiest she had ever been. To think that having this baby had healed her bleeding heart in such a short amount of time it was amazing. Daesung's smiling face gave her courage and strength to overcome all the hurt and loneliness. Even more so, she began to let go all the anger she had towards the king. After all he was the one who gave her this little bundle of happiness.

"I'll have to thank your father one day for giving me you," she whispered down to her baby before kissing him on the cheek. She paused as she thought of what she had just said. Wasn't her disappearing her way of thanking him? But what about her people? They were suffering through the war because of her disappearance. Baby Daesung began to fidget, pulling her out of her thoughts, "Sorry baby. Mommy is always over thinking things."

"Excuse me miss. Could you spare some food," a voice came from behind making Minzy wrap the cape around herself and Daesung.

"Here," Bom said as she rushed over and handed the person behind Minzy apples. 

"Now please leave," CL smiled as she stepped in front of Minzy.

"Thank you, with this war going on. Each army is every farmland dry."

"You're welcome. Now please..."

"I'm just curious as to why this farmland doesn't seem like it's been touched at all."

As the person said that, Minzy wrapped Daesung and herself tighter. "We don't know why either. But please make your way..."

"Who's that? She has on a royal robe," the voice cut her off.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Now if you'd please leave before my husband gets home it'd be best. He's not as nice or generous as me."

"Oh I see, well thank you for your kindness. I'll be off now," the person said as he walked away.

Minzy didn't move an inch until she felt CL's arms wrap around her, "Are you okay?" Minzy nodded as she looked down to see Daesung had fallen asleep. "We should get inside before someone else comes."

"Okay," Minzy softly said as she let Bom guide her towards the house. She sighed as she starred quietly out the window. There were more and more people who had come to the farmland begging for food and it worried Minzy. Her people were suffering and here she was at her happiest, it made her sick to her stomach.

"Alright, Minzy can you come help us," CL called bringing her out of her daze.

"Sure," she replied as she walked to the kitchen.

"What's up," CL said breaking the silence that Minzy didn't realize was there as they were peeling apples.

"Huh? Oh nothing."

CL chuckled, "Minzy in all this time that we've spent together I know when there's something wrong with you. What's up?"

Minzy smiled at her dear friend. She really had come to care for her as a sister, "I don't know. I just feel selfish."

"Not again," Bom rolled her eyes making Minzy chuckle.

"You're not selfish, the king he's selfish and look where it's got us," CL began her rant as Bom mouthed every word.  

"Okay okay, I just..." Minzy cut in. "I just feel like I should be doing something about this war."

CL paused to take Minzy's hand in hers, "You are. You're taking care of the baby and that's what is the most important thing at hand for you. Take care of baby Daesung until you're able to go back and take your place at the thrown again."

Even though Minzy heard this time after time, she needed to constantly be reminded of her role as queen, "Thank you CL. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Don't worry about it. Now let's get these cut up before Top and the boys get back." Minzy nodded as she focused at the task at hand.

 

CL stood at the window feeling worried. They were two hours later than they usually came home, "What's taking them so long?"

"Don't worry. Business as been really good as of lately, maybe he's taking some more orders."

"But it's been too long! It's dark out, there could be crazy people that might rob them," CL paced back and forth glancing up at the window every five seconds.

Minzy sighed as she took hold of CL's shoulders, "Look it's okay. How about you take care of Daesung for a little and relax. I'll wait for them."

"But..."

Minzy pulled Daesung out of the sling around her and placed the baby into her arms, "Please my back hurts. He's turning me into an old lady."

CL laughed as she looked down at the baby, "Did you hear that? You're making your momma into an old lady!" She walked off talking to baby Daesung as she left Minzy starring out the window.

 

"Where are you guys," Minzy asked herself out loud. She looked behind her to see that CL had fallen asleep with Bom and the baby in her lap. Smiling at how peaceful the three looked, her attention was then turned to the on coming sound from outside. She smiled seeing the wagon racing towards the house and she quietly crept out to greet them, not wanting to wake the three.

Walking out to the side where the wagon had pulled up to. She moved to the front of the wagon placing her hands on either sides of her hips. "What took you guys so..." She was cut off when Taeyang jumped down in front of her. Letting out a gasp in surprise she felt worried, "TOP?!"

"I'm right here," Top called as he jumped down to help his boys.  

Minzy was pulled into a tight hug, "Minzy I've missed you."

She pushed away, "What are you doing here?"

Top walked over to the two, "Let's take this inside before anyone sees you guys out here."

Taeyang nodded as he took hold of her wrist and guided her into the house. Just like Minzy, CL awoke with the same surpised expression on her face when she saw Taeyang enter after her husband and sons. "What are you doing here?!"

This woke Bom and Daesung as he began to cry. Minzy pulled her arm out of Taeyang's graps to scoop up the crying baby, "It's okay my love. Mommy is here."

"Mommy," Taeyang asked.

"Alright everyone out of the front and let Minzy talk with her friend," Top said as he pulled his curious family into the kitchen.

Minzy sighed as she turned to look at him, "Yes I'm a mom."

He walked up to her and looked at the baby and couldn't help but smile, "He's handsome."

"Thank you." She paused as she looked up at him, "Why are you here?"

"I needed to see you one last time just in case."

"Just in case what?"

He sighed, "Dara is letting me come into the palace to end it tomorrow."

"How?!"

"It doesn't matter how. I just needed to see you just in case this is my last night." He paused as he brushed his hand against her face. "You look even more beautiful from the last time I saw you. It must be your motherly glow," he bent down to kiss the baby before kissing Minzy on the lips.

"Taeyang," Minzy breathed as she pulled away. "What was that for?"

He chuckled as he touched his lips, "That was even better than I imagined too."

She sighed as she looked at him. He looked worn out and tired, this war was really taking a toll on him, "Taeyang stop doing this. Don't face GD."

He grinned at her, "You were the only one who really did care about me."

"I do, that's what friends are for."

His grin faded as he sighed deeply, "Minzy I love you."

"Me too Taeyang, so live well and end this," Minzy said as she walked up to him with a smile.

"Only if you promise me that you'll run away with me," he said with pleading eyes. "I'll take care of you and the baby as if he was my own."

"Taeyang..."

"We can start over..."

"Taeyang..."

"We can be a happy family just like it was meant to be," he pleaded.

"Taeyang!"

"WHAT?!"

She sighed as she looked up at him, "I'm not going to run away. I need to go back to the palace and help my people."

"Forget it! I don't want to hear anymore. I'm going to kill him for sure now," he growled. They both heard galloping and Minzy went to look and see a group of armored men heading their way. She turned back to feel his lips pressed against hers, "I love you even if I'll never get to have you." Taeyang rushed out of the house and jumped on an empty horse and rode off with the men.

Tears fell down her face as she watched them ride away. Though she could picture herself being happy with Taeyang it wasn't supposed to be that way. She had Daesung and the kingdom as her responislbility. How could he ask her to be so selfish than she already was at the moment?

 

Minzy awoke the next morning to a strange feeling. She looked to see Daesung starting to move around and she picked him up. Craddling him in her arms she felt somewhat worried. "Daesung did your mommy make the right choice?" The baby grunted making Minzy smile, "Good." She slowly began to rock him back to sleep letting herself fall back asleep with him.

 

"The war is over," Top burst through the doors.

"What," CL and Minzy jumped in unison.

He nodded as he walked up to them, "Taeyang was killed this morning when he tried to kill the king in his sleep." This made Minzy cringe at the bad feeling she had earlier that day. "I'm sorry Minzy," Top said turning to her.

"It's okay. It had to end," she faked a smile.

"He told the king that you were alive," Top added.

"He did! What else did you hear," CL asked.

"That's all I've heard about that. But I heard during their fight that he told the king about his affair with Dara."

"No," Minzy gasped.

He nodded, "Yes, the king is devestated right now. People are saying that even though he has won the war that he's deeply hurt that Dara would do that to him."

"Serves him right," CL shrugged her shoulders.

"Seungri the trusted guard as gathered what's left of the army to focus on finding the queen again," Top continued.

This made Minzy grin, she knew he was the top guard for a reason he was good at his job. 

 

Minzy awoke to a loud pouding that echoed throughout the house, "OPEN UP!" She looked to see Daesung was still sleeping as she opened her door.

"What's going on," Minzy asked as she yond.

Top threw on a shirt as CL trailed right behind, "I don't know, but you should stay in your room."

"Daddy who is that coming over so late," Bom appeared with her two brothers behind.

"Sweetie I need you and your brothers to go hide with Minzy in her room okay," CL said as she guided the children along with Minzy into the room as th pounding continued.

"Okay," they all mumbled as CL closed the door.

Bom hopped onto the bed encirlcing baby Daesung in her arms, as Minzy helped the twins up into bed also. She pulled the covers over the children before going to her door to listen in on who it was.

"HEY WHAT'S GOING ON," Top shouted.

"You helped Taeyang," a voice shouted back.

"What are you accusing my husband of," CL joined in with the shouting.

The children all sat up looking to Minzy with concerned eyes, but she gave them a reassuring smile letting them know everything was okay.

"My sources tell me that you Taeyang came here last night. Why?"

"I..."

"Why hasn't his army touched one speck of dirt on this farmland," Seungri continued.

"We..."

"What?! Tell me what's going on here!"

Minzy sighed as she reached for the door handle to hear the children gasp. "Minzy what are you doing," Bom whispered loudly with worry in her eyes.

"He's a friend," Minzy whispered to her with a smile. She turned to put on her cloak as she quietly exited the room.

"I know you guys are hiding something. What's so special about this farmland," Seungri asked with suspicion in his eyes.

"We're just trying to make a living sir. We don't want any trouble," Top said with his hands up.

"Please we have a family," CL added.

"No something doesn't feel right here. Everything seems to be pointing me," Seungri said as he began to pace back and forth in front of the couple.

"What do you mean," Top asked the guard who looked deep in thought.

"Where is the queen," Seungri finally said as he looked at both of them.

"Wha...what do you mean," CL asked trying not to play it off.

"Where is she?!"

"I'm right here," Minzy finally spoke up making all of them look in her direction.

"Minzy..."

"No..." the couple gasped.

Seungri's eyes widened in shock and disbelief. He did his best to choke out something, "My...queen!"

 

Author's Notes:

Yes yes, Seungri found her! YAY! I was going to save this for the next chapter, but I wanted to add it into here since it's chapter 2ne1 hehe. Thanks for reading and all your lovely comments! <3