Chapter Thirty-seven

By His Side

Minzy didn't sleep at all as she sat up waiting and waiting until the sun came up. It was one of the most miserable things she could ever do, being left in the dark about her son's condition. It didn't help one bit that GD wasn't back yet or if he was he didn't let her know. She hoped it was the later of the two since she distinctly remembered that she only asked the king to get the doctor, nothing more.

"Good morning my queen," Teddy entered her room as he bowed. 

"Good morning Teddy, have you seen the king yet," she quickly asked before she burst.

He shook his head and frowned, "No my lady, I was going to ask you?"

Her stomach knotted up as she bit down on her lower lip, "I think...he's at the farm."

"The farm?! Why is he there? Does he know..."

"I only asked him to get the doctor because my son is sick since you weren't here. But he still hasn't come back. I don't..." Minzy gasped as her door flew open with the king standing there, "GD..." She paused as she watched him walk in.

"What are you hiding from me," he asked accusingly. "Or I should ask who are you hiding from me?"

There was a cough that came from behind the king and both Minzy and Teddy tried to look around him before the doctor stepped forward. "Can my lady and I have some privacy please?"

Minzy quickly nodded as she glanced over to Teddy who bowed before making his way out, "My Lord?"

GD bit down on his lower lip as if he was fighting the urge to say something. "We can talk later at lunch," she offered in hopes he would take the bait.

"No, we talk now. What are you hiding from me," he hissed as he stepped closer to her. "Who is it?!"

"Do you think that we can seriously have a conversation with you acting like this? Come back when you can talk to me instead of yelling at me," she spoke firmly as she looked to the door for him to take his leave.

GD exhaled deeply as he tried his best to compose himself, "I apologize that my tone was a bit offense, but I must know my queen. What are you hiding from me?"

"Truthfully I don't know if I'm ready to tell you," she paused as he looked like he was going to explode. "But even if I'm not ready to tell you I'm willing to show you him."

"Him," his eye brows furrowed out of curiosity.

She nodded as she gave the king a small smile, "He's the love of my life and my whole world. Without him I am nothing. It's because of him that I can face anything."

She watched as the king's face went to a straight poker face, "He's the love of your life?"

"Yes he gave me something to live for. I wouldn't be the woman I am without him."

"Then I must meet him to understand your world because I feel like I'm in the dark when it comes to you," his eyes spoke a hint of sadness. "Tonight we will take our leave," he slightly bowed before exiting.

She let out a heavy sigh as she felt her stomach doing flips. Who was she kidding, she wasn't ready to reveal her son to him. But then again she wondered if she'd ever be. As soon as the door shut she quickly snapped her head back to the doctor with worry written all over her face, "What is it doctor?"

He sighed as he nodded in understanding at her reaction, "He had a really high fever. I think if you didn't send for me he could have died." Minzy gasped as he continued. "But miraculously he was able to break through the fever. But he is still sick and very weak. He needs you my lady. As a doctor I would recommend that you keep a close eye on him and in three days time I will go back and check on him to see if he's made any progress. Now with that being said, do you think you are able to do so with the circumstances you are in?"

"Yes doctor I am, no matter what circumstance I'm in his life comes first."

"Good to hear. Now I will take my leave," he bowed respectfully before exiting leaving Minzy with a lot to think about.

 

 

Minzy grinned as Teddy let himself in, "Thank you for coming."

"Of course my lady what can I do for you?"

She sighed as her grin faded, "How was the king today?"

He paused as he thought about the day with the king, "He seemed tired, probably since he didn't get any sleep and...I don't know how to truly explain it but he was hallow."

"Hallow?"

He nodded as he explained, "He tried to mask the fact that he looked so alone and empty."

Her heart dropped as she listened to his explanation, "I see. Well Teddy I am going to need you to do a few things for me. First I want you to take that bundle of clothing and place it in the carriage you are going to prepare for my journey to the farm. After which I would like you to prepare a horse and ride out behind the king and I. Can you do that for me?"

"Yes my lady, but why must I ride separately?"

"To be prepared for the king."

"Do you honestly think he would run from the truth?"

"I'm not sure but I might."

"My lady..."

The conversation was interrupted by a sudden knock at the door, causing both of them to look back and watch the king enter. "My queen."

Teddy took the hint as he bowed and quickly took his leave so that they could be alone, "Yes?"

"Is he...is who I am going to see tonight the only secret you have from me?"

"Umm..." she didn't exactly know how to answer that question. 

"Is he...the only thing in the way of me ever getting the chance to understand you," he rephrased his question in hopes that she would understand.

"He's not the only thing, but he is every answer you need to understand me," she half grinned at the thought of her son.

He let out a heavy sigh, "Then I must meet this man."

Her grin spread into a smile at his comment, "Yes you must, he is my one and only love of my life but you'll understand what I mean by the end of the night."

"You smile as if this is amusing to you to see me suffer."

"Suffer? How," she frowned. 

He shook his head as he turned to leave, "I'm going to go help Teddy prepare the carriage."

"Okay," was all she could say as she watched him quickly go.

 

 

It didn't take long before Teddy and the king reappeared, "We are ready to take our leave my lady."

"Good, Teddy can you please help me," she asked as she held out her arm for him to take her.

But the king held out his hand to keep his guard in place as he stepped forward and effortlessly scooped the queen up in his arms before turning towards the door. "Uh...Teddy can..."

"But I want to after all you're riding with me and not him," he said in somewhat a possessive manner.

"Sure..." was the only thing she could really think to say as she felt caught up in the moment of being held in the arms of the king. 

As they walked through the halls of the palace Minzy couldn't help but bury her face into the king's chest, "We can't be seen like this!"

"What do you mean? You're the queen and I'm the king. I don't see how this is wrong in any way."

She sighed as she leaned her head upon his chest. "I don't want people to get the wrong idea," she softly spoke as she secretly listened to his heart beat.

"Minzy it's okay," he chuckled at her silly notion.

"Is it? We've never staged this much affection before," she mindlessly said out loud as she continued to comfortably listen to his heart beat.

She felt him come to an abrupt halt and she became worried that she had been caught doing something so...she couldn't think of the word as she glanced up at him. His face had a soft glow from the moon light as his eyes burned deeply into hers, "This moment wasn't staged but real and so has everything we've been through since you've returned back to the palace."

His words sunk deep into her mind as he gently placed her into the carriage before getting on to take the reigns. As the carriage moved forward it was then that she realized she was holding her breath. Exhaling she replayed the words of the king in her mind over and over again. 

 

 

A small smile started to form at the corner of her lips as the farm came into view. It had felt like forever since she had last been at the farm after she had gone under recovery for her foot. She knew that by now CL and Top were probably getting their children ready for bed.

"We're here," GD had swiftly hopped down and opened her door in one motion. Holding his hand out to her, she politely accepted as she was gently held in his arms. 

It was a silent walk up to the door as she released one arm to knock. The silence continued until footsteps were approaching. Taking a deep breath Minzy put on a smile as the door opened.

"Minzy," Dongwook spoke puzzled by her sudden appearance. 

"Hi Dongwook can you please let us in," Minzy continued to hold her smile the best she could.

He nodded until he realized who was holding her, "Umm...I can take her from here."

"No it's okay he needs to see the truth," she held up her hand towards Dongwook to stop him.

"But..."

"This needed to happen sooner or later and you know that," she grinned up at him hoping he would understand.

Dongwook didn't say a word as he moved out of the way and down the hall, allowing GD and Minzy to enter with Teddy close behind. "Please  set me down right there," she pointed to a near by couch. Sighing deeply as her body sunk comfortably into the couch, "Thank you, please have a seat."

"Minzy?! Minzy is that you," a girlish squeak came from down the hall followed by a herd of little feet moving towards them. The three young children giggled and squealed as they raced their way to Minzy and jumped up onto her lap. "Minzy we've missed you!"

She couldn't hold back the chuckles as she felt them embrace her tightly. "Awe I've missed you all dearly."

"Is your foot healed?"

"Do you walk funny?"

"Does it still hurt," the three rambled on question after question.

"Guys give Minzy a break, it's been a while since she's been bombarded with all your questions," Top grinned as he walked in. "And I see we also have a new guest," he hinted to he king.

GD stood to his feet and nodded, "Thank you for allowing me into your home."

"Well you and Teddy are more than welcome as long as Minzy allows it. After all this is her home as well."

"It... is," GD slightly turned to give Minzy a questioning look. 

She shrugged off and smiled up at Top, "Where is CL?"

"She wondering why the queen and king has unexpectedly shown up together to our lovely home," CL smiled as she appeared with her hands on her hips. "You didn't want to give me a warning?"

Minzy chuckled as she gave her an apologetic smile in return, "Sorry being here with the king just kind of happened." CL gave her a look as though she knew Minzy would explain things to her later. "But I think it's time."

"Time? Time for what," Deuk asked innocently as the other two children nodded as they looked up at Minzy for an explanation.

"Are...you...sure," CL spoke slowly and clearly to see if she was understanding what Minzy was telling her.

Minzy nodded and confirmed CL's thoughts, "It time that the king sees the truth." 

"Uh...well if you say so," CL glanced over to Top who nodded and escorted the children away and back into their rooms. "I'll be right back."

Minzy watched as CL disappeared down the hall. Doing so she quietly whispered a prayer in her heart for strength and support. She had imgained this moment over a million times but never had she ever predicted that she would ever have the courage to do this in only a year time. The quiet wait made her think of the different scenarios that could take place tonight, but no matter how the rest of the night played out she knew she was free. Free from secrecy. Free from guilt. Free of the truth.

Hearing the foot steps coming out of a room, Minzy took a deep breath and looked over to GD who seemed to have also been deep in thought, "GD I want to show you the one man in my life that has made me who am today." She turned to see CL craddling her poor sick child. "He's the love of my life," she smiled as she took her son into her arms. "GD I want you to meet my son Daesung," she smiled lovingly at her son who weakly mirrored her smile.

 

 

Author's Notes:

Oh hey everyone guess who actually came by to update. I'm sorry that I can't update as often as I want to. I work almost everyday and this whole chapter was written on my phone since I only have but a few minutes here and there to get on and write. But enough excuses, things are coming out in the open now. Hope that you all enjoyed this long awaited chapter. Hopefully I'll be able to find a lil more time to write. Thanks for all your support and comments and especially for your patience. <3