Chapter Twenty-eight

By His Side

With the celebration only a day away things around the palace were hectic. Minzy went about the palace monitoring the various things being set up to make sure they were being done according to schedule. "Let's go people, we have less then a day to have all of this up and running," she encourged the workers. As she was making her way to the kitchen to see how things were running in there, somone smashed into her.

"Oh sorry," the king grinned as he caught a hold of her.

"I'm fine," she pushed away as she dusted herself off.

The pair stood in silence for a moment before GD spoke up, "Minzy..."

"It's good to see you're out and about, seeing as the celebration is tomorrow. Well if you'd like I can have Teddy come and give you a run down of how things should look by tomorrow I can."

GD stood silently as he starred at her. He had a few things on his mind to say to her, but the celebration wasn't one of things he wanted to talk about.

"My king," Minzy cut off his thoughts wanting this little conversation to end so she could continue preparing for tomorrow.

"Huh?"

"Would you like Teddy to come and show you around?"

He shook his head and sighed, "I would actually like you to show me around."

Minzy pressed her lips tightly together as she thought about what he just said. She didn't understand what he was trying to do, but it was starting to make her feel a little uncomfortable. "Well..."

"Don't worry you won't have to say anything to me. Just go about what you were intentionally going to do and I'll quietly follow your lead," he cut in. She went quiet as she debated on whether or not it was a good idea for him to do so. "C'mon Minzy I'll be completely silent you won't even know I'm there."

"Fine," she sighed knowing that she had didn't have much time on her hands to debat with him. She ignored the small grin that started to form at his lips as she turned to head towards the kitchen.

"My queen...my king," everyone said in amazement.

"Alright chef give me a run down of what we have here," Minzy smiled.

"Yes my queen..."

Minzy went about making suggestions to the various items that were going to be made for the celebration, making the cooks along with the chef amazed. Not only could she make porridge, but apparently she knew how to make all kinds of food.

"My lady how did you learn all of this? I mean, the way you've made almost all of what we're going to serve perfected it has me wondering who taught you how to cook like this."

Minzy chuckled at the thought of CL and Bom, "Thank you, they were great teachers."

"You have to tell us who they are so we can go and learn from them," one of the cooks added.

"I can't reveal that secret to you all, but keep up the great work. Your work will be well received tomorrow," Minzy grinned before she turned to leave.

 

By the end of the night she was worn out, she sighed feeling glad that everything seemed to fall into place. As she made her way up the stairs to her room, she heard a pair of feet following behind, she looked to see it was the king. She had forgotten that he was following her and was amazed to see that he kept his word in silently following her around.

"Well now that you've seen that everything is running according to planned, I hope you get well rested for the big day we have ahead of us," she grinned.

"You did a great job today, it seems as though you've changed and I can't seem to put my finger on it," he finally said.

"Really? To come to think of it I think I have. Well..."

"Minzy can we talk? I've been patiently waiting and I really think we need to talk," he said before she could bid her farewell.

"My king it's getting late you need your rest and I..."

"Have somewhere to be right?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact I do."

He sighed as he looked to her with sad eyes, "Living a double life will only cause you pain."

She coughed at his words, "Will it?" She shook her head as she met his look with a glare, "Spoken by true experience." She could see that her words peirced right through him, but she couldn't help herself, "Get some rest, you'll need it."

"Minzy," he caught hold of her wrist to stop her. "Please don't shut me out. We really need to talk!"

"Shut you out?!" She yanked her hand out of his grasp, "You deserve more than just shutting you out for what you've done to me!"

"I..."

"I that's all you think about don't you? I! I! I," she shouted. She pointed to herself as she continued to let her anger unleash, "I was the one who lived faithfully to you! I was the one who ran this damn kingdom alone! I was the who begged you to stay almost every night to end up crying all alone! I was the one who dealt with my pregnancy all alone! I was the one who lost all my loved ones for you and the kingdom!" She paused as she tried to calm herself, "I...was the one who was in pain from you living the double life, so don't tell me you know pain when you're barely scratching the surface." She let out a sigh of relief as a stray tear fell from her eyes. Wiping at the tear as she looked him dead in the eyes, "This is why I told you to wait. I wasn't ready for this."

"But...I needed to hear it," he interjected. "I needed to hear this Minzy."

"Let's keep things formal between us. After all, isn't that what we were? Formally king and queen to the public eye? Let's keep it that way, because now more than ever I understand exactly what we were.

"Minzy..."

She raised her hand to stop him, "I'm going to need you to do me a favor."

"What?"

"Please act like the king and lead the celebration tomorrow. If you have any ounce of respect for the people you lead, you will pull it together and lead our great kingdom. Now I bid you goodnight my king," she slightly bowed as she turned to leave to her room.

 

Not allowing herself to process what had just happened, she quickly gathered her things and made her way out into the dark night. To her surprise she was able to make it out to the farm in speed record as she made her way into the house.

"Minzy what happened," CL awoke to feel the baby being lifted out of her arms.

Minzy bit her lower lip as she rocked Daesung in her arms. The tears began to fall as she tried to concentrate on his sleeping face. "Daesung I can't do this anymore."

"Minzy," CL got up and placed her arm around her. "Minzy what happened?"

She cried harder as she pressed her head deeper into CL's shoulder, "I can't do this anymore. I just can't."

 

Minzy awoke feeling herself burning up. She tried to move to get up, but was stopped feeling light headed. "CL? CL," she called out feeling so weak.

"Yes," CL finally appeared.

"I...don't know what's wrong with me," she mumbled as beads of sweat started to drip down her face.

CL quickly walked up to her feeling Minzy's face burning up, "Bom?! Bom?!"

"Yes mommy," Bom rushed into the room.

"Grab me some cool water with a cloth. Hurry sweetie," CL said as she took the baby from Minzy's arms.

Minzy tossed to her side as she groaned at her body weakening, "CL..."

"Top?! Top?!"

"Yes," he quickly walked into the room.

"Here take the baby. Minzy seems to have come down with a bad fever," she instructed as she quickly took the cloth from Bom that rushed into the room and dipped it into the cool water before applying it onto Minzy's forehead.

Minzy groaned unconsciously at her aching body, "Top? Top?"

"I'm right here Minzy. What do you need," he called down to her.

"Please...I need you to ride to the palace and tell Teddy to bring the carriage with him," she mumbled as she squeezed her eyes tight.

"Alright, Bom come with me. I need you to watch baby Dae in my room," Top said as he walked out with his daughter trailing behind.

"Out of all the days," Minzy whined as CL continued to try and cool her down with the cloth.

"Sshh...Minzy just relax. Stressing will only make it worse," CL softly spoke.

Minzy sighed as she tried her best not to move, feeling every movement aching her now trembling body.

 

"My queen," Teddy called as he walked into the room to see her sick in bed.

"Her fever has gone down a bit, but she is still pretty weak," CL said as she stood to her feet.

Minzy slowly opened her eyes to see Teddy looking down with worry in his eyes, "What took you so long?"

He chuckled as he gazed over at Top, "My apologize my lady for my slowness, seeing I wasn't the one who rode here."

"Hey I don't ride that slow," Top interjected.

"Yeah you do daddy," Deuk popped his head through the door as Don followed and nodded.

Everyone including Minzy laughed, "Well I'm glad you came. Teddy I'm going to need you to take me back to the palace."

"Minzy you can't be serious, you still have a fever. You need to get some rest," CL spoke up.

Minzy shook her head as she tried to push herself up and failed, "Teddy please help me." He nodded as he quickly came to her aid and helped her sit up, "I need to go."

"But..."

"Top and CL please bring the kids to the celebration I know they will love it," Minzy gave them a weak grin.

Bom came rushing into the room as she looked to her mom, "Mommy Daesung is awake and fussy!" CL sighed as she nodded before she followed Bom out.

"Teddy hurry and help me up before CL comes back and scolds me to stay," Minzy instructed as she heard Top chuckle.

"Yes my lady," he said as he helped her up and held her against him as her support. "If you like I can carry you?"

"No thank you, I think I can do it," she said as she tried to walk.

"Minzy you stubborn woman get back here right now," CL called as they were nearing the front door.

"I told you to hurry," Minzy teasingly said as she stepped out the door with the support of Teddy.

CL stepped out with Daesung in her arms as she quickly walked around and blocked their way to the carriage door, "Minzy get back into bed right now!"

"CL...please," she said in almost a whiny voice.

"Minzy I order you to get back in bed now," CL said in a serious motherly tone.

"But..."

"So help me, don't make me drag your back in with your son..." CL stopped in realization that Teddy was there. Both CL and Minzy looked to see a hint of shock in Teddy's face that quickly faded as he tried to pretend he didn't hear the last comment. "I..uh..."

"CL please, I need to go to the celebration. I promise I will take care of myself afterwards," Minzy gave her a grateful smile.

CL sighed as Top came around to slighly nudge her, "Please babe, she is our queen after all."

"Fine, but I will keep my eye on you throughout the whole thing," CL sighed giving in. She then turned her attention to Teddy, "And you better keep an eye on her as well or else..." 

He nodded, "Of course my lady's health is of the utmost importance to me."

As Minzy made her way into the carriage she quietly whispered into Teddy's ear, "I will explain things to you after the celebration."

Teddy gave her a grateful grin as he nodded and closed the door, "Yes my lady."

Minzy grinned at CL who stood with a frown on her face. She knew her friend wanted nothing more for her to stay and take care of her health, but as queen the palace had to come first.

 

Author's Notes:

Omo I'm so sorry to kikyo670. I told you I was going to update earlier, but I seriously had no time to write until now. Hope you all enjoyed the update! Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing! <3