Chapter Five

By His Side

Weeks went by of GD keeping his promise of not coming to Minzy in the night. As much as she hated him not coming she convinced herself that maybe it was for the better. This way she really could get a full nights rest and he could make it back in time to change and put on another show in front of everyone.

_________

Queen Minzy took a seat in her throne and was surprised to see GD freshly dressed and already sitting in his chair, "Good morning."

He turned and smiled at her as she took her seat next to him, "Good morning."

Although it was a bit of a shocker to see him there before her she didn't mind one bit. This helped her see that maybe it really wasn't too bad of an idea to let him go without seeing her at night. It wasn't like she had a choice anyways. Minzy shook her head, trying to stop herself form over thinking things as she purposly let her hand hang off of the throne, giving GD access to take her hand in his.

"Seungri who do we have to see today," GD asked.

As Seungri and GD were talking, Minzy sat unmoving as she waited for GD to hold her hand. But he didn't. What was this? She looked to the hand that always was intertwined with hers to see it gripping on the handle of his throne. Minzy was curious at why he wasn't holding her hand, but she was going to put up a front to make it look like it didn't faze her.

__________

Minzy's curiosity peaked as she wasn't able to focus on the guest, but she was constantly glancing over to see if he would take her hand. But he didn't. 

She looked to him and noticed how he listened to whoever he was talking with intently. This was seriously a day filled with surprises for her. The roles had now been reversed as she was the one acting indifferent while GD was the one in charge. Though she didn't get to feel his touch, she was grateful to see him picking up the slack.

Minzy was only observing and she was okay with that, it was good to take a step back and watch for once. She figured that maybe this way she could try and see if he was ignoring her touch or just too into the day's work. Sticking out her hand, she sneakly brushed her hand against his as he was talking. When she did so, she received little to no reaction as he only shifted his hand a little as he continued to talk. Sighing at her failed attempt, she waited a little while longer until she slipped her hand underneath his to interlock fingers. He was unfazed as he continued to speak and it was as if he purposly left his hand limp. But she didn't care, she was going to keep holding her hand there until he recognized her touch.

"Thank you, we can discuss the details later," GD said excusing the gentleman in front of him. He then looked down at his hand being held and then to Minzy who waited for a reaction from him.

"What's wrong my king," she finally asked.

He broke free from her grasp and ran his hand threw his hair, "No there's nothing wrong."

She watched as he leaned his weight in the opposite direction and moved his hand there as well, making it nearly impossible for her to take hold of his hand unless she got up to get it back, "Do I stink?"

He turned and chuckled at her silly question, "Whatever do you mean?"

"Well why are you trying to stay as far away from me as possible," she stated.

GD sighed knowing this was coming, "Minzy...it's probably better this way."

"What do you mean?"

"It's best if we keep our distance from each other."

Seungri stepped forward interupting the conversation, "There is no one else to see you today."

GD and Minzy both looked to nodded towards him as their conversation continued.

"Why do you keep making decisions without me?!"

"It's not about you, it's for the baby," GD answered.

"Well then if it's for the baby, why can't you just hold my hand and put a show on like every other day?"

"Why? There's no point, who are we kidding," he asked.

"Then pretend for the kingdom," she demanded.

"The fact that I'm here by you is enough. We don't need to do silly things such as holding hands," he coughed a laugh.

Minzy stood starring at him not sure what to really say, "I...if that's how you feel I understand." She walked away not wanting to let him see the tears forming at her eyes.

__________

Her feet were swelling and her back was aching, "You're getting really heavy my son." She took another look at her stomach as she threw a black flowing cloak over herself as she crept out of her room. Every step she took hurt, but she just had to know. Minzy peeked over the corner to see that GD's room light was still on. She grinned to herself as she hid and waited for him to exit. When he finally exited his room she was impressed to see him dressed in commoner's clothing as he headed down the hall. Giving him enough space she followed him out to the stables. She waited and watched as he jumped onto a horse and rode out. When he was gone, Minzy walked out to look for a horse too.

"Don't go Minzy," Seungri said as he caught hold of her.

She pushed him off as she turned to glare at him, "Why not? A queen should keep an eye out for her king shouldn't she?"

"I can't let you go out like that," he nodded to her stomach.

Minzy placed a hand to her stomach before looking him in the eyes, "I need to go for him! Don't try and stop me Seungri, remember your place!"

She turned to reach for a horse when he caught hold of her again, "Wait...I'll take you then!"

Minzy looked over her shoulder towards him with curious eyes, "Will you?"

He nodded as he pulled her past the horse she was aiming for, "If I can't stop you, at least let me take you in a carriage my lady."

She sighed with relief as he helped her up into the carriage and then jumped on to drive her to her destination.

She felt a kick and wrapped her arms onto her stomach to feel her baby, "It's okay, we're just going on a little trip."

The city looked beautiful at night, she couldn't believe she never ventured out during that time. She watched as the city passed by her eyes until the carriage came to a slow stop. Her heart beat started to pick up as she heard Seungri jumped down to greet her.

"We're here," he said as he opened the door for her to get out.

Helping her down he explained to her that he parked the carriage the closest he could get it before anyone got suspicious. She gave him a grateful look as he took her arm and placed it onto his. At first she was a little iffy, but soon became grateful as each step she took started to hurt.

"Don't worry you're fine," he whispered down to her, encouraging her to put her weight on him to support her.

She whispered a thank you and did so as he led her to a small cottage. He stopped a ways from it, letting her survey the scene. It wasn't much, but it looked well kept and sure enough the horse that GD rode off with was tide to the side of it. The cottage was dimly lit signifying there must be someone awake inside. She released her grip from Seungri as she began to walk forward.

"Minzy..." she heard Seungri call for her. But she ignored his call as she waved her hand for him to stay where he was.

Each step was painful, but she couldn't stop. She bit her lower lip trying to block out the aching as she now stood at the door step to the cottage. She reached for the handle and paused as she thought of what she was doing. Minzy stood in place thinking of the different choices she had placed before her. She could easily break open the door and let all hell break out or she could break a window and make them both come out to her, various possiblities came to mind as she heard a giggle come from inside.

She placed her ear against the wooden door as she quietly listened.

"Stop...you are too good," a feminine voice spoke.

"How about I show you how good I am," the voice Minzy could recognize in a heart beat spoke.

It was silent for a moment, until she heard a couple of moans.

"Mmm..." the feminine voice moaned loudly.

Minzy pulled away not wanting to hear anymore as she took steps backward. She came to a stop as arms wrapped around her. She didn't move her gaze from the cottage as her breathing quickened not believing she had come out here.

"Minzy," Seungri whispered against her ear.

She turned as she fell into his arms and began to cry against his chest. Seungri held her close to not let anyone here her as he led her to the carriage. When she was inside, she placed her hands over her face and continued to sob.

__________

Seungri pulled the covers up on Minzy as she continued to shake and cry. It saddened him to see the queen like this and he had no power to do anything about it, "Minzy..."

She didn't answer as she let her tears flow freely.

"Minzy you shouldn't have gone," he continued as he wiped at her tears.

Minzy shook her head and looked at him through watery eyes, "I needed to. I need to find out who this mistress is!"

"Why? You should be busy taking care of yourself for the baby," he countered.

"Seungri you don't understand, I need to do this for our baby. I have to know who this woman is."

He watched as she tried to sit up and he reached down and helped her up, letting her lean on him for support, "I know who she is."

"You do?"

He nodded as he held her, "It's my job to keep an eye on the king and queen."

"Then tell me who she is," Minzy sniffled.

Seungri sighed as he started to gently rock her, "My queen I think you've had enough from today's events. You need to rest."

Minzy looked up through red blurry eyes, "But I need to know now!"

He couldn't help but chuckle at her stubborness, "I will later, as for right now you need to rest."

"I can't Seungri."

He gave her a gentle squeeze as he continued to rock her, "Yes you can. Even if I have to rock you for the rest of the night, I will until you sleep."

She sighed from the fatigue she was feeling. As much as she wanted to put up a fight she was tired. With a couple more sniffles she cursed GD one last time as she let her eyes close and let sleep take her.   

 

Author's Notes: Hi guys I'm trying my best to make sure this fic isn't dragging and stays interesting, hopefully you all think it is. I also added line dividers to help transition scenes. So hopefully that makes it easier to read this fic.