Chapter Eight

By His Side

"Can you please call for Seungri for me," Minzy asked the maid that brought her her morning porridge.

"Yes ma'am," the maid bowed before exiting.

Within minutes Seungri was at her door, "Yes my lady?"

She waved for him to enter and he did so, "Do you have anything to report to me? How are the dealings with the kingdom?"

"Everything is running smoothly."

"And how about the people I've asked you to keep an eye out for?"

"Well I do have one to report. Do you remember Top and his ill wife CL?" She nodded for him to continue, "She has recovered back to her full health and they wanted to pay you a visit to thank you personally. But don't worry I've told them that you are not up for visitors."

She turned her head to give him a side ways glance, "Excuse me?"

"I've told them that you are not up for visitors," he repeated.

"Did I say that?"

He shook his head as he began to explain, "The king said..."

That was all it took for her to raise her hand and stop him, "Please notify them that I will be able to see them in a few days."

"But my lady..."

She glared up at him feeling herself loose her patience, "And take this damn porridge with you, I'm sick of eating this everyday!"

He slightly bowed his head and left with the porridge to do her bidding.

As he left she sighed and looked around until her eyes found the window. She stared out at the clear blue sky imagining the cool air brushing against her face as she listened to the humming of mother nature. But that feeling faded as the sky soon turned dark. She thought of how strange it was to see how quickly the darkness filled the room. She sat unmoving as an erie feeling began to creep up on her. It grew closer and closer and she couldn't help but look around to find an empty room. Even though the room was clearly empty she felt a negative energy surrounding her. This caused her heart to start pounding as her breathing turned into quick pants. Minzy became fearful as the force was now breathing down her neck. She shut her eyes and held her stomach trying to shield her baby from whatever force it was that was trying to consume her.

"My lady...my lady is everything okay,' the maid rushed over to seeing the queen in such conditions. "My lady...my lady..." she shook the queen bringing her out of her nightmare.

Minzy gasped as she opened her eyes looking around with panicked eyes, "What happened?" She looked around the room still in a daze as she held her stomach.

"It was only a dream my lady," the maid spoke as she began to dabb at her face with a cool cloth.

She pushed the woman away and glared at her, "I want to see the king now!"

The maid could only nod as she quickly exited the room.

Minzy tried her best to compose herself as she brushed her hands across her stomach, "Sssshhh...it's okay I'm here and daddy will be here shortly."

"Yes ma'am?"

She looked to see Seungri standing at the door, "Where is the king?"

"He's preparing to leave. Now what is wrong?"

Minzy bit down on her lower lip as she continued to rub her stomach, "I need to see the king."

"Just let me know what you need and I can..."

"BRING ME THE KING NOW! RIGHT NOW," Minzy shouted.

"My queen he's..."

"I DON'T CARE, JUST BRING HIM TO ME!"

As Seungri left she looked down to her stomach and frowned, "I'm sorry my dear. Daddy will be here shortly."

Within minutes a knock came at the door and Minzy felt a light kick from her stomach, "Minzy?"

"Come in."

GD entered the room and she motioned for him to come closer, "What's the matter?"

"I have a bad feeling," she confessed.

He chuckled as he sat down next to her, "A bad feeling?"

She nodded as she reached for his hand, "I need to ask you a favor." He nodded for her to continue, "Could you please stay with me...with us tonight? I can't really explain it, but I need you to stay here."

GD sighed as he moved his hand away, "It's just a feeling it'll go away."

"Please just stay."

He got up and began to walk away, "Don't worry I'll send for the doctor to come and check on you in the morning, now get some rest."

"GD! PLEASE," she begged.

"I need to go, it's getting late and you need your rest," he said ignoring her plea as he walked out.

At the sound of his foot steps leaving, the tears began to fall, "Don't worry my son, I'll protect us."  

 

Author's Notes:

I'm currently on drugs right now since I'm sick so sorry if this update kinda haha. But I might write one more just because I think I'm starting to feel a little better, but then again it might just be the medicine talking LOL! Thanks for reading!!!