Chapter Nine

By His Side

As much as Minzy tried to sleep she couldn't, that bad feeling kept creeping up on her.

When she heard the door opening she quickly looked up to see Seungri, "You scared me!"

"Sorry my lady. Just came in to check on you," he whispered. "Now go back to sleep."

"Wait," she said stopping him before he could fully close the door. He peeked his head back in and she waved for him to come back, "Please come."

"What's wrong?"

She shifted over and patted a spot for him to sit next to her, "Please." He nodded as he sat where she asked him to. Minzy took his hand in hers and looked at him through pleading eyes, "Can you stay with me tonight?"

"Is everything okay," he asked in concern.

"I...I can't explain it. But I don't want to be alone. Don't let me stay the night alone, please Seungri."

He gave her hand a light squeeze as he smiled at her, "Of course, I won't go anywhere."

"Thank you," she sighed as she scooted over towards him and leaned her head onto his shoulder. Sitting in silence for quite a while, he tried to shift her down, "What are you doing? Are you leaving me too?"

"Huh? No, no I was just trying to help you lie down and rest," he explained.

She squeezed his hand tight, "Please don't leave me."

He sighed as he nodded letting her rest her head on his shoulder, "What's wrong my lady?"

"I'm scared and I don't know why."

"Don't be, I'm here to protect you," he said encircling her.

She felt a little better, but that feeling of emptiness was still there, "Seungri why does he hate me?"

Seungri sat in silence for a bit to process what she had just asked, "He doesn't hate you."

"Then why does he keep doing this to me?"

He embraced her tighter as he began to rock her, "There are just somethings that is hard to let go."

"Like me letting him go," Minzy asked as she held onto Seungri.

"No that's different. You have every right to not let him go."

"I feel like I'm letting the kingdom down, that I'm letting my baby down," she cried as she buried her face into his chest.

"Ssshhh...don't say that," he cooed. "You are a strong woman, and the kingdom and the baby love you dearly."

"But he doesn't love me! I don't even know why I care that he should love me," Minzy confessed as she began to full out cry.

He didn't know how to answer her, "I...don't know either my lady."

 

Minzy awoke to an unknown face starring at her. She gripped Seungri who was fast asleep and watched as the child starred at her tilting his head at her. She mimicked his motion, making him smile at her.

"Who are you," she asked softly. The young boy didn't say anything as he reached down to her stomach and feeling it, hinting to her of who he was. Her eyes widened in understanding as she reached for the child's hand over her stomach. "Are you ready to come?" The child shook his head making Minzy give him a look of confusion as he got up and began to walk away. "Wait! Wait where are you going?!" He turned and grinned at her as he pointed up to the sky before he continued to walk towards the window. "No please. Please don't go," she called after him.

As she did so a sharp pain woke her up making her screech in pain, "NNNNOOOO!"

Seungri awoke to her scream and look down to her, "My lady what's wrong?!"

Minzy beagn to shake as the pain began to ripple throughout her body, "AAAHHHH!"

The maid came rushing in and Seungri instructed her to get the doctor before turning his attention back to Minzy, "The doctor's coming."

She bit her lower lip before letting out another scream from the next wave of pain, "NNNNNOOOOO!"

"He's coming. The doctor is coming," he whispered into her ear as she gripped him tightly.

Her back arched her up as she continued to scream, "NNNNOOOO!" She panted as she looked up at Seungri through her blurred vision, "HELP ME! AAAHHH!" He tried his best to comfort her as she began to dig her finger nails deep into his arms before letting out another cry for help. "PLEASE...DON'T..." she began to pant as another scream escaped her lips. "DON'T GOOO!"

"I'm right here! It's okay my queen I'm right here!"

She shook her head as the pain kept increasing, earning yet another scream from her, "NNNOOO! DON'T GO!!!"

"I'm right here! I'm right here," he kept repeating.

The doctor soon came rushing in to the queen who continued to scream out, "NNNOOO! DON'T GO!"

After a couple of routine checks the doctor looked to Seungri, "She needs to deliver the baby now!"

 

Author's Notes;

Well well talk about dramatic huh? haha! thanks for reading!!! <3