Chapter One...

By His Side

Minzy looked out to the glistening gold that adorned every inch of the palace and sighed. Doing so she felt the warmth of someone’s hand take hers, she turned her gaze down to her hand being intertwined with his. Her gaze traveled up to the owner of the warmth she felt against her skin. She couldn’t help but stare into the eyes that were awaiting her. His eyes always reminded her of who she was and what she was doing there in the first place.

“Why the sigh my queen,” he asked with such a loving gaze towards her.

She shook her head not wanting to express her inner feelings and faked a smile up at him, “Nothing my king.”

He knew she was lying, but if she didn’t want to talk about it that was alright with him, “Whatever you say.” King GD rose her hand and lightly pressed his lips to the top of her hand as he gave her a reassuring smile. As he did so, he could have sworn that he saw a hint of pleasure at his motion and smiled to himself.

“Your highness there’s someone here to see you,” Seungri the trusted guard said as he walked forward.

“Let him in,” King GD answered. He watched as the doors opened to a smirking Taeyang. Taeyang walked with his head held high and a little too cocky for the king’s taste.

“My Lord,” Taeyang slightly bowed his head.

“And what brings you to my kingdom,” GD’s voice boomed.

Taeyang took a glance over to Minzy and gave her a pleasant smile, “My lady.”

At the sound of his voice, GD felt her grip loosen but he tightened the grasp once more as he continued to look at Taeyang, “What do you want?”

“I’ve come to discuss a couple more details of how to further expand your kingdom,” he explained.

“You know that you could’ve sent one of your messengers to do such thing,” GD suggested.

“But I felt like delivering the message personally,” he said. It sounded as if there were more than one meaning to what he was saying. But maybe he was just over analyzing what he said.

 

Queen Minzy sat starring into the mirror and noticed she didn’t glisten or glow as beautifully as the palace. She looked deeper into her reflection and saw her true colors. It was cold and darkness that filled her.

Minzy shivered at the warmth that lightly grazed her back, “What’s on your mind?”

The question pulled her out of her thoughts as she turned to see Taeyang towering over her, “My Lord what are you doing here?”

He bent over and pressed his warm lips against her ear and whispered, “You know why I’m here.”

She shivered again as the feel of his warm breath was soon on her neck. He began to place wet kisses onto her neck trailing down, while Queen Minzy sat unmoving with no reaction of pleasure or guilt across her face. Before he could reach her chest she moved stood and started to walk away.

But that came to a halt as he gripped tightly onto her wrist to stay her, “And where do you think you’re going? I’m not finished with you yet!”

Minzy turned with no apparent expression as she glanced down at her arm that he was holding and rose her eyebrow to him. Each stood starring at each other in silence, until he finally gave in and released her.

 “There are other ways to get back at the king,” she spoke in a matter of fact voice.

He could only look away ashamed of his actions and somewhat astonished at her honesty. Taeyang felt awkward as they stood there in silence for a moment longer until she walked away leaving him to think about what he had done.

Minzy walked throughout the palace aimlessly until she found herself out in the night air exploring the beautiful garden. She looked at the various plants and wondered how it was possible that even in the dark, the roses still found a way to glisten underneath the moon lite sky.

“What are you doing out here all alone,” a voice came from behind.

With no reply she continued her journey through the garden letting the moon light shine down on her. She paused as one particular flower caught her eye. Minzy bent down and picked it to inhale the fragrance. The white lily sent a warm sensation throughout her body.

The sensation was interrupted as someone took her into a back embrace. The warmth of his body against hers sent chills down her spin. He placed one arm to her waist to support her and the other over her stomach.

“It’s cold out, do you think you should be out here? My poor baby could catch a cold,” he breathed as he lightly rubbed her stomach.

Minzy sighed as she held his hand in place, “He’s not your baby.”

Seungri pulled away and glared at her, “What do you mean he’s not my baby? We made him together don’t you remember?!”

She nodded in understanding, “We did make him together, but that was out of orders from the king don’t you remember?”

“So what are you saying,” he asked.

“That you were following orders, so don’t treat me like there’s some sort of special bond between you and this baby,” she spoke bluntly.

He stood speechless as he looked to the queen who had no look of sympathy, only a blank emotionless face.

 

Queen Minzy walked into her quarters and dressed into a silk night gown before climbing into her bed. A knock came at the door, but she didn’t answer as she lay starring out at the full moon.

“Minzy,” he whispered as he sat on the bed next to her. King GD glanced down to see she was still awake, “How is our prince doing?”

“He’s fine my Lord,” she spoke as continued to lay looking out.

He lightly placed his hand onto her stomach to feel the baby. GD grinned to himself as he felt a light kick. But it soon faded as he saw a stray tear escape Minzy’s eye, natural reaction took over as he reached out to wipe at the trail that her tear had left behind.

“Don’t…please,” Minzy whimpered as she closed her eyes.

King GD stayed his hand in understanding as he felt obligated to at least give her words of comfort, “I promise I will one day come to you and only you.”

Her emotions betrayed her as more tears escaped her eyes. He said that lie to her time and time before, so what would make this time anytime different? She knew he said those words for the benefit of the baby.

Just like every other night, she lay alone as he walked out the door to meet his mistress that awaited him for another late night rendezvous.  

 

Author's Notes: Felt since it's Minzy's b-day I should start just one more fic for her hehe. I'm unsure how long or if it's going to be a long fic at all. But it feels a little incomplete if I end it like this. This fic was inspired by Frank Ocean- Pyramids. Thanks for reading!