Chapter 8: Into your world

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

“I just don’t get this.” You let out a frustrated sigh as you bury your face in your hands.

“What are you doing?” Suho asks and glance at your math homework.

“I’m trying to understand a bunch of unimportant .” You mutter as you lean back in the chair, crossing your arms.

“Oh… Doesn’t sound like any fun at all.” Tao makes a grimace, pitying you. You just pout as a response.

“When is it dinner? I’m hungry.” Chen whines as he walks inside the kitchen.

“Well if it’s such a rush, why don’t you help me cook?” Kyungsoo mutters from the stove, where he’s making lasagna. 

“Fine, I’ll show you how a real chef works his magic.” Chen smirks and walks up to Kyungsoo.

“No, no! Don’t touch my food! Go do something else! Help Julia with her homework or whatever.” Kyungsoo quickly exclaims as he tries to hide the lasagnas from Chen as if he’s afraid he’ll ruin them.

“Fine, but you did ask for my help.” Chen rolls his eyes slightly before turning around, walking up to the table where you’re currently sitting, trying to understand the wonder that is math. He grabs your papers and look at them for a few seconds. 

“Do you need help with this?” he asks you with raised eyebrows.

You nod slightly. “It doesn’t make any sense. How on earth am I supposed to understand all of that?” you ask, sounding as if you’re on the verge of tears.

“Hmph, I though humans were smart. Guess you’re an exception.” Chen puts down the papers again and sits down next to you.

“What? So you think you can understand this?” you ask him with a hurt yet pissed expression.

“Baby, in difference from you, I was born with a brain.” Chen says with a mocking voice, making you want to slap him in the back of his head. You even lift your hand to do so, but Tao hurriedly stops you. 

“It’s not that complicated. You just have to learn how to use your brain – if you can find it.” Chen says with another mocking smile.

“That’s it. I don’t want your help. You’re just purely mean.” You state with a disgusted voice as you stand up to collect the papers before you leave the room.  

“Was that really necessary?” Suho asks, tilting his head as he looks at Chen, who suddenly looks a bit uncomfortable.

“I-I didn’t know she would be so sensitive.” He says, trying to shrug it off. 

“You called her brainless. Twice.” Tao states.  

-----

Chen, who has major problem apologizing, hope that you’ll have forgotten everything about his mean comments as you arrive back in the kitchen for dinner, but you just ignore him. 

Instead you spend the dinner cutting up Sehun’s lasagna in proper pieces and discussing what school is like with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

Even when you want the salt you ask Chanyeol to pass it to you, even though it’s standing much closer to Chen.

-----

After dinner you leave for your room with a big yawn, stating that you need to study a little more before going to sleep. 

“Does she hate me?” Chen asks, trying to sound as if he doesn’t really care.

“What have you done now?” Kai asks as he helps Kyungsoo clean the table.

“He was being a jerk towards our little Julia.” Tao states before getting up to help put the dirty glasses and plates in the sink.

“You did what?” Kris asks, almost burning holes in Chen’s eyes, who shamefully looks away.  

“I didn’t mean for it to sound that way. You know how easy it is the say something sarcastic that hurts someone.” He mumbles quietly.

“No, I don’t, because I don’t do that. Especially not towards Julia.” Chanyeol says, looking at Chen with a slightly angry expression. “Don’t you remember she’s your soul mate? You’re supposed to treat her like a princess.”  

“I know…” Chen mumbles again.

“You know what you need to do. Apologize.” Suho nods as Chen looks up at him.

“I don’t think I’ve ever apologized to anyone before.” He states.

“Then maybe it’s time to learn.” Luhan nods.

-----

Chen waits another hour, hoping that you’ll come out of your room and talk to him again as if nothing happened, but of course you don’t.

When you open your door, he practically shoots up from the sofa bed where most of the aliens are gathered, watching the Idol Olympics, but you just go to the bathroom to brush your teeth. 

“You know, you’ll have to apologize. I’ve heard human girls never forget.” Baekhyun tells Chen as he sees his disappointed expression when you just walk right back to your room when you’re done in the bathroom.

“I know… So you think I should do it?” Chen asks Baekhyun. 

“Absolutely! Do it now. You don’t want her to hold a grudge towards you forever, do you?” Baekhyun asks. Chen shakes his head, then gets up from the couch and slowly approaches your door. He stands outside of it for a couple of seconds before carefully knocking on it. No response. She couldn’t KNOW that is was him and not answer on purpose, right?    

Chen carefully knocks again but still no response. So he turns to the other aliens who are all sitting with their heads turned towards Chen. 

“Just go in.” Xiumin hisses. 

“Should he really do that? Maybe she’ll just get even madder.” Lay whispers.

Chen decides to go with what his tent buddy said and carefully sticks his head inside your room to see you lying in bed. He walks inside and towards your sleeping figure.

You’re sleeping but whit a pained and worried expression on your face and your legs are kicking slightly.

Chen looks at you, wondering if all humans sleep so…unpeacefully. 

You suddenly open your eyes and sit up, with a bit of cold sweat on your forehead. You spot Chen standing next to your bed and jump slightly.  

“Did I scare you?” He asks.

“Nah it’s okay. I just dreamt a nightmare.” You state. 

Nightmare? “What’s that?” he asks, tilting his head in confusion.

“You don’t know? It’s like when you dream something in your sleep, but it’s unpleasant, scary.” You try to explain.

“Oh…” he nods slowly. 

“Was there anything you wanted?” you ask him, suddenly remembering that you were mad at him. 

“Ehh… Well… There’s… Something that I’d….Like to say.” He says, carefully sitting down by the foot of your bed.

“What?” You ask, raising your eyebrows with a careless expression.

“I…” He scratches the back of his head. “I guess I’d like to…apologize.”

“For whaaat?” you ask, wanting a real apology. 

Has she forgotten? Then what am I doing here? “Don’t you remember? I was being…rude towards you in the kitchen.” Chen says.   

“Oh that… So, you’re sorry?” you ask him.

“Well….Yeah.” he says.

“Okay. I guess you’re forgiven then.” 

Chen breathes out. “Thank you.” He gets up to leave your room. “I hope you can sleep well without any more nightmares.” He smiles slightly towards you.

You smile back at him in the same way. “There’s really only one thing that can make me sleep if I’ve dreamt a nightmare.” You state. “My mother singing for me.”

“Oh. You like when people sing for you?” he asks. You nod. “Yes, especially my mom when I can’t sleep. But I’m a big girl now and my mom is all the way back in South Korea.”

“Do you want…me to sing for you?” Chen asks a bit awkward.

“Would you do that?” you ask surprised. 

“Yeah, I mean, if you want me to.” He smiles.

“Then come.” You say and lift your duvet and pat on the space next to you.

Chen awkwardly walks over and sit down next to you. “What do you want me to sing?” he asks.

“I don’t know. Sing whatever you want.” You say.

Chen swallows. What should I sing? He asks himself, before remembering a song he used to love very much. He takes a deep breath before starting to sing. 

Hao xiang shen me dou bu dong de yi ge hai zi yi yang chun zhen

Chong sheng na ge mei li de shun jian

You were immediately mesmerized by his beautiful voice. You had expected him to have an average voice, but instead he sang so beautifully you got goosebumps popping up on your arms.

Shuang yan bi shang you zheng kai hai pa zhe yi qie zhi shi meng

Liu lian    wo jiu zhen cheng zhan zai ni mian qian ke wang de dao ni shi xian

Zhi shi xiang he ni yi qi zou   liang ge ren yong tong yang de bu diao xie zou    yi ci jiu zu gou

Dang wo cheng zuo zhe feng  zai ni de shi jie jiang luo

Bai se de feng  zai ni shen bian huan rao zhe

Ni wen wo lai zi na li  xiao zhe hui da shi mi mi

Zhi yao shi ni he wo  yi qi zou xia qu

Tian tang zai sui shi he sui di

Dui wo lai shuo ni bi tian shi hai can lan yao yan

Ru guo you shui dui ni bu yi  wo yi ding bu yun xu

By now you felt your eyelids growing heavy, but at the same time you didn’t want to stop hearing him sing this beautiful song for you. Carefully, you lay your head on his upper arm. This causes Chen to loose himself in the lyrics for just a second, but then smiles at your peaceful face, leaning on his body, and then continues singing.

-------------------------------------

Aww… Very well, sorry for the long wait but school you know…

The song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdtfTcyKLvk