Chapter 14: The plot thickens.

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

“What!?” you shrieked into the phone as you felt your knees go weak. Thousands of horrible scenarios of Xiumin getting beaten up by mean kidnappers who would now tell me to pay them more money than you had ever had in your bank account and leave it at some creepy gas station and that you shouldn’t contact the police if you wanted Xiumin back alive started playing in your head. 

“Chill, he’s here at the Two Moon bar and is way too drunk to do...anything…Could you come and pick him up?”

The Two Moon bar…?       

“Hello…?” the deep voice in the other end asked.

“Y-yes I’m here!” you exclaimed. 

“Well then can you please come to the Two Moon bar and pick him up? I don’t want to have to call the police.”

“Sure, I’ll be there as fast as I can.” you exclaimed, happy to know where Xiumin was.

“Good.” The voice in the other end was about to hang up but you stopped him. “Wait! Where is the Two Moon bar?”

----

“Ah, here it is.” You smiled in relief as Chen and you stopped outside a fairly small building stuck in between a closed pharmacy and some tea store. The words ‘The Two Moon Bar’ were shining out on the street with its red neon light.

“You sure he’s here?” Chen eyed first the bar then you with a raised eyebrow.

“Yes.” you nodded, smiling. “That dude called and said so.” you walked over and opened the door. As you entered you immediately felt how much you DID NOT belong there. Some men dressed in suits were playing pool in one corner, some girls in short dresses were sitting with some males who shamelessly put their hands on the girls’ exposed thighs.   

Music played from speakers but it wasn’t loud and unbearable like at a club. You hurriedly walked over to the actual bar and a tall guy with earrings hanging from both his ears looked at you. Your uncomfortableness towards this place was obviously shining towards this guy.      

“You Julia Kim?” he asked.  

You nodded stiffly. “I-I’m here to pick up Xiumin…” you finished the sentence as you realized Xiumin didn’t have any last name. At least not one that I know of. 

The man nodded towards someone who had his entire upper body lying on the counter. It took you a while to realize that it was Xiumin.

“Xiumin!” you exclaimed and reached out to pat his body. Xiumin lifted his head and looked at you with an annoyed face. Then he seemed to realize it was you and shone up.   

“He obviously can’t handle much alcohol. He’s completely wasted after just three beers.” The intimidating bartender almost seemed to have the ghost of a smile playing on his lips.   

“How were you even able to get in touch with me?” you asked him as you tried together with help from Chen, to hold Xiumin’s limp body up so that he wouldn’t leave drool marks on the flashy wooden counter.

“I asked if he had anyone to contact and he told me about one digit a minute, but at last I got your phone number.” The bartender explained with his deep voice. His voice was probably even deeper than Chanyeol’s.

“Oh, well thank you so much for taking care of him.” you nodded with a slight smile as you pulled Xiumin of the stool and put one of his arms around your shoulders while Chen put the other one around his. 

“That’s just my job. And this guy doesn’t look very old either. I didn’t even believe him when he said he was as old as me. He had to show me his ID. He looks so new to the world somehow.” The bartender said, leaning slightly on the counter.   

You glanced at Xiumin. Was he really the same age as this skinny yet buff guy behind the counter, who despite the two earrings dangling from his ears managed to look extremely manly?     

“Yeah well, thank you again.” you nodded before turning around and dragging Xiumin out of the bar, leaving the seemingly nice yet extremely intimidating bartender behind.

 

Once outside, Xiumin seemed to wake up and was able to walk himself. “This was such a great nigh-“ he cut himself of as he was about to walk in to a street light right as Chen stopped him.  

“Hey Julia…” Xiumin turned around and put his arm around your shoulders again. You felt uncomfortable around drunk people, even if it was Xiumin.      

“Yeah, Xiumin…” you just said and tried to help to walk straight. 

“You know you’re stunning, right?” Xiumin eyed you but his eyes weren’t steady.

You blushed at his words. “Ah, thank you Xiumin.” you smiled slightly even though you knew he had only said that because he was drunk. You wanted to ask him how he had ended up at a bar but realized that you wouldn’t get any proper reply out of him at this state. Also, you could pretty much understand how it had happened anyways. He had probably taken the wrong way right at the 7eleven store you had been a dedicated costumer at ever since you moved here.    

You finally arrived at your apartment building and Chen helped you get Xiumin up the stairs since there was no elevator. 

“Wow.” Kyungsoo exclaimed as Xiumin swung the door to your apartment open and stepped inside.

“What’s wrong with him?” Luhan asked as he looked at Xiumin with round eyes.   

“He’s drunk.” you explained. Xiumin turned to you. “What does that even mean, Julie?” he asked before he pretty much collapsed over you. He was quite heavy for weak little you. “You’re just so beautiful.” Xiumin slurred before placing a wet, sloppy kiss on your cheek.        

“Okay, that’s enough.” Kris appeared out of nowhere and steadily pulled Xiumin away from you and took him to his and Tao’s room. “You can sleep in here tonight.” you heard Kris say as you wiped my cheek with the arm of your sweater.

“Are you okay Julia?” Sehun asked wide eyed. You nodded. “Yeah, nothing wrong with me. Xiumin on the other hand…”   

“What does drunk mean?” Suho asked, worriedly glancing back at the door that lead into Kris and Tao’s room.

You were just about to explain when Baekhyun exclaimed: “I know! It means you’ve drank too much alcohol, which is this special kind of drink that a lot of humans drink and it’s not really good for them.” He explained.   

“You don’t say.” Chanyeol snorted.

“Now, let’s all go to bed.” you nodded your head tiredly.

“Fine, sleep tight Julia.” Suho said before everyone else chimed in to the good night.

----

“Could you please stop making such noise with the plates?” Xiumin asked with his eyes just unbearably open as we sat in the kitchen the next morning. 

Tao just chuckled slightly but got a little more careful as he placed the rest of the clean plates in its drawer.

“It’s your own fault.” you muttered from next to Xiumin as you reached him the glass of fruit juice you had just poured him after googeling ways to cure a hangover.  

“How was I supposed to know that liquid was such poison?” Xiumin asked with a miserable expression. You the back of his head slightly, pitying him after all. “How’d you end up there anyway?” you asked. 

“I don’t even remember…” Xiumin mumbled before sipping some of his fruit juice. “I wanted to go to the ice cream place we went to that first night on Earth. I was going to ask you if you wanted to take me there again but you were busy talking to Kai, and well, I didn’t want to disturb. I figured I could find it myself, so I went but I guess I got lost… and so I went in to that bar to ask for directions, but instead I somehow ended up getting drunk.” He explained with a blank expression before frowning as Tao accidently dropped a fork on top of the rest of the forks in the drawer. “Sorry.” He squeaked. 

“Julia, isn’t there any more ways of getting rid of this… What did you call it?”

“Hangover.” 

“Yeah, hangover?” Xiumin asked. 

You glanced down at your phone and went back to the page you had googled. “It says here that you should eat burnt toast.” You furrowed your eyebrows. “I guess I’ll go look for the toaster. I think it’s still in one of the boxes in my room.” You got up and left the kitchen.  

“Hey Duizhang!” Xiumin hissed as soon as he heard you close the door to your room.

“What is it?” Kris furrowed his eyebrows as he was leaning on one of the benches, sipping from his cup with coffee.

“The real reason why I chose that specific bar to ask for directions was because, actually I SWEAR I felt the presence of another alien from that place.” Xiumin practically whispered, but everyone in the room heard it and widened their eyes, except for Kai who was unfazed. “So what? We already knew we weren’t the only aliens on this planet.” He shrugged.     

“No Kai.” Xiumin shook his head, which he quickly regretted as he gripped it in pain. “They were NOT aliens from EXO.”     

---------------------------------

tumblr_mbcr3m39nf1rt29xoo3_250.gif

image

tumblr_mhf1ez3HDs1rerns7o1_250.gif

2kq836.gif

image

image