Chapter 24: Meet the parents

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

”Oh gosh, what am I doing, what am I doing, what am I doing?” Suho mumbled as he got off the airplane. He got some weird looks by other passengers but failed to care. He couldn’t see you anywhere and for a second he was afraid he had lost you, but once he turned a corner, he saw you hugging two older people that he supposed were your mom and dad.   

He quickly ducked behind a fairly tall dude that gave him a look but Suho just flashed his charming smile before he continued to watch you.

--------------

“We’ll go get your bag, Honey.” Your mom smiled at you as you had informed your parents that you needed to use the bathroom. “Okay, thanks.” You smiled back as they started walking towards where the bags were supposed to arrive, while you went to the bathroom. 

There was a small line of three people but soon it was your turn. Never in your life would you use the toilet on an airplane so this was much needed.    

As you washed your hands you came to think about the aliens. Were they doing alright? Were Sehun and Tao still sad? Had Kyungsoo made them cookies so that they weren’t?
You shook your head. When had you become so worried about them? 

When you stepped out from the bathroom and looked around for your parents, you couldn’t spot them but as you casually looked around, you saw someone who looked oddly familiar. For a short second you tried to think if it was one of the Infinite members but it wasn’t quite right and after another second you realized that it was Suho.

“Suho!” you hissed and the male turned his head to look at you. His eyes widened when he saw it was you and your eyes widened when you realized it really was him.

“Oh my…. What are you doing here!” you exclaimed as quietly as you could in this state of shock.

“I…I…I don’t know.” Suho said and suddenly looked extra small.

“What do you mean you don’t know?!” you hissed and stared at him.

“Julia?”   

You turned your head and saw your parents approach and for a second you considered pushing Suho away and just leave him here but you knew your parents had already seen him and who knew what would happen to the little boy – oh wait, he was older than you – if you left him here alone.

“Who is this?” your mom asked as she eyed Suho and then looked at you.

“This is…” You honestly didn’t know what to say. One of the 12 aliens that live in my apartment? Hardly something your parents would approve of. 

Suho was faster than your train of thought. “I’m Julia’s boyfriend.” He said with a charming eye smile as he put an arm around you.”

“Oh…” You mom said, obviously surprised.

Oh … You thought as you looked over at your father. You had dreaded the day you’d have to introduce a boyfriend to your parents, more specifically, to your dad. You tried to see his reaction as he eyed Suho up and down, clearly making the poor alien a bit uncomfortable, but Suho kept the smile on his lips.      

“Nice to meet you.” Your father said at last and Suho let out a relaxed breath.

“Bow!” you hissed in his ear and he quickly did a 90° degree bow to both your parents. 

“So will you be staying with us…?” You mom asked as she looked at Suho. 

“…Suho! My name is Suho.” He smiled and bowed again.                          

“Ah, Suho. You’re very welcome to stay with us.” Your father said with a minimal smile on his lips.

“Thank you.” Suho bowed again. 

-------------------------

“I’m afraid the guest room isn’t very presentable. We’ve kept a lot of boxes and such there lately.” You mom said as she held up the door to your house for you, Suho and your dad. “Maybe if you would have told us that you’d bring a little friend, we would have had the time to prepare it.” You mom said, specifically directed towards you.    

“Well, I suppose you can stay in Julia’s room.” You dad said to Suho.

“Really?” you asked with raised eyebrows.

“On a spare mattress on the floor of course.” Your dad finished and you nodded. That was more like the dad you knew.

“Why don’t you kids go rest, you must be very tired.” Your mom said. “Just let me know if you need anything.”

“Thanks mom.” You said as you headed for your room with your bags and with Suho following you. Once you stepped inside the room and closed the door behind Suho, you reached out and smacked him on his arm. 

“Ouch!” he exclaimed and held his arm. “What was that for?”

“What the heck do you think? What are you doing here? Was it your plan all along to make my parents think that you’re my boyfriend? Does Kris know you’re here and how long have you known Korean?”

“Actually, we’re aliens, we know all of your human languages. ”Suho smiled a little before changing his facial expression. He looked a bit uncomfortable as he sighed before sitting down on your bed. “What do you want me to answer first?” he looked up at you.

“It doesn’t matter.” You shrugged as you sat down next to him. 

“It was quite an impulse of me to go here.” He started. “You don’t say…” you snorted back.

“I really just…couldn’t stand seeing you leave.” He said, looking out the window. “I know it sounds pathetic and all, but I just couldn’t imagine spending a week without you, so I followed you to the airport and bought a last minute ticket with your flight. I’m sorry.”

“It’s…It’s alright. But does the other know you’re here?” you asked him.

“No. Do you really think that it would just be me here if the others knew? Chanyeol would be rolling around in your garden right about now, Baekhyun would be discussing life in South Korea with you mom while Kyungsoo would exchange recipes with her. Kai would be looking through the channels on the TV, Sehun and Tao would be clinging to you, Kris would be informing the main bosses about exactly where we were and what we did, Chen would be trying out the outdoor furniture and Xiumin would nag you to go buy Korean ice cream with him while Luhan would be nagging Xiumin to play soccer with him in the garden and Lay would check out your mom’s flowers before taking a walk or something.” 

“…True.”