Chapter 42: Kai & Chen

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

“We could dance something else you know.” Kai suggested.

“Like what? I’m no good dancer and I’ve lost any current desire to learn from you.” you muttered.

“We could dance a slow dance. Anyone can dance a slow dance. I’ll just lead.” Kai smiled in a warm kind of way you hadn’t seen him smile in before.

“Well… Sounds nice.” you nodded and let Kai take your arms and put them around your waist and he put his around your shoulders. The light in the room dimmed and Bruno Mars’ When I Was Your Man started to play.

“Just sway with your body along with mine.” Kai said quietly in his deep voice, but his lips were close to your ear so you could clearly hear what he said.

“Doesn’t sound too complicated.” you mumbled back, realizing this moment was shooting towards the top 3 on the list of Most Intimate Moments With Aliens. Your body was pretty much pressed up against Kai’s; you could feel his chest rise and fall. You could feel his breath on your forehead. You could feel his hands spreading heat all over your back and through your body. It suddenly felt so right.

“Oh, am I interrupting?”

You quickly let go of Kai, but he held on to you for slightly longer before slowly letting go of your body.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but your time is over.” Chen said and you couldn’t tell if he was genuinely sorry but you were guessing not. Probably not too much at least.

“Oh, okay. See you later Julia.” Kai smiled quickly at you before leaving the room.

“I will never be able to top that, am I?” Chen asked, raising an eyebrow as he walked closer to you.

“Well, I’d like to see you try.” you answered back, feeling happy with such a quick response.

Chen chuckled. “I certainly will.”

“I’m guessing you’ve got something planned?” you raised an eyebrow at him.

“I’ve used my time well. I’ve been planning.” Chen smiled, his face close to yours. Just then, the room turned in to an empty movie theatre. “I know what the typical human date is, I figured it’d be fun if we did something like that?”

“Really? I’m impressed. It sounds more like something Baekhyun would come up with.”

“Well, it might have been his idea to begin with but heck, he had already had his time so I figured I might as well use it.” Chen shrugged.

You chuckled at him just as popcorn and two cokes appeared as well. “Aren’t we supposed to share on one coke with two straws?” you teased.

“Of course! Damn it! Should have thought about that…” Chen muttered to himself before he gestured for you to sit down.

You just laughed. “It’s okay. I’d probably just end up drinking the whole thing anyways.”

Chen chuckled slightly as he sat down next to you and to your surprise even this magic theatre on a completely different planet showed commercials before the actual movie started.

“So have you thought anything about who you’re gonna pick?” Chen asked the question the others had been too careful to voice.

You sighed. “Of course. That’s what I’m supposed to do, right?” you raised an eyebrow at him but kept your eyes on the car commercial. Weird cars… you thought.

“But I suppose you haven’t made a decision.” Chen asked as a statement rather than a question.

You shook your head. “Nope. I…Really don’t know what to do. It’s almost… It feels as if I´d rather not pick anyone.”

Chen nodded. “I understand. Well, I’m not here to tell you to pick me but you know…I would happily sing you lullabies every night.” he smiled. He said it as a joke and you laughed but you knew that behind the smile, he was being serious, and so were you. The opportunity to answer him vanished as the movie began playing and both of you focused on the huge screen.

“Chen?”

“Yes?”

“What movie is only 45 minutes?”

Chen stayed quiet before looking at you. “I guess we’ll have to skip the ending. Or, we’ll skip the middle.”

You laughed and then returned your focus to the movie. You hadn’t seen it before but after a while you realized it was the famous ‘The Notebook’.

“Chen, why are you staring at me? There’s still popcorn left, I didn’t eat them all.”

“No, no. It’s just that I’ve heard this is the kind of movie that make girls cry. So where’s your tears?” Chen asked, still staring at you.

“I’m not gonna cry.” you denied. So far the movie hadn’t even been close to bring you to tears but yet, you had a feeling it might succeed.

….

“…Because I want you. I want all of you, forever. You and me, every day.”

“…Are you crying now?” Chen asked, his face almost too close to yours.

“No!” you denied, swallowing loudly. “Now shut it, I want to see the rest.” Just then, Chen paused the movie.

“Why did you do that?” you asked, eyes wide.

“Because our time is almost up.” Chen said, calm as ever. You nodded realizing he was right. The two of you got up and the lights in the theatre shone again.

“I really want to see the rest of the movie.” you stated.

“Well then, I guess you’re just gonna have to pick me then.” Chen smirked jokingly.

You shrugged. “I’m pretty sure I could watch the movie no matter who I choose.”

“Damn it, I hope you wouldn’t figure that one out.” Chen smiled as the theatre turned back in to a room.

“Thanks for the date, I really enjoyed it.” you smiled, feeling a little extra emotional after the movie plus thinking about everything else that was going on.

“I’m glad you did. I hope I’ve saved your energy because guess who’s next?”

“Wait… Is it Chanyeol?” you asked, realizing it was only him and Lay left.

Chen nodded. “Yup. And I can imagine that’ll be pretty…Energy draining. You know how he is. He’s been marching back and forth all day because he’s been so worried and he tried to change time with everyone and he and Kris had a spat.”

You sighed. “I’m sorry for putting you all in this position.”

“It’s not your fault. I blame the bosses.” Chen chuckled pulling you in for a hug. He was just tall enough to place his chin on top of your head when you snuggled your face into his chest.
“You know we’ll all love you no matter who you choose.” He mumbled in to your hair.
You nodded, even though it still didn’t help you very much.

-----------------------------

So... Next chapter should be the last with the 45 minute date thingy. Then it's time for the big finale, isn't it .?... DUN DUN DUUUUUUN