Chapter 30: Story telling B.A.P style

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

Chapter 30: Story telling B.A.P style

The leader dude introduced all of them before starting some goodnight story.

”For many, many years, longer than either me or my parents can remember, EXO and Mato’s been enemies. They just haven’t gotten along. These two planets don’t agree about anything and have two very different views on how the universe should be controlled. Your planet…” Yongguk gestured towards you before he continued. “…Earth, is all EXO’s project so of course they don’t want B.A.P all up in it.” He quieted down for a few seconds so you opened your mouth.

“Then why are you here?”

Yongguk smiled. “Because we’re not your average B.A.P aliens. Anyways, as I was saying, EXO is very protective when it comes to their dear project, their baby – Earth. Because of that, the leaders on Mato have for thousands and thousands of years tried to figure out a way to get to EXO through Earth. However, the current peace between the two planets, Mato and EXO, is a very sensitive subject and a lot of aliens on both planets want to keep that peace. We are all some of those.” Once again Yongguk gestured towards himself and the other five.

“So we’re the good guys.” The one who had introduced himself as Zelo smiled.

“And why should I believe you?” you questioned suspiciously.

“Of course you won’t. Not yet. But let me finish here.” Yongguk continued. “The, what would you humans call it…? The ‘government’ on Mato is still focused on getting to EXO through Earth and a few years ago, we were all sent here with another 40 aliens or so to, well, do some research.” Yongguk smiled slightly. “As I already mentioned, me and Himchan are old warriors. Both of us are since long ago sick and tired of fighting with EXO and when we were sent here we decided that it might just be our only chance to get away from anymore wars. You might think we look scary but really, neither of us are in to hurting other people that probably don’t want to fight any more than we do. If anyone are going to fight with each other it should be all those damn leaders-“

“Yongguk.” Himchan cut the leader, who had started almost ranting, off. “Focus on the story bro.”

“Oh, right. Sorry. Himchan and I, not long after we came to Earth we decided to run away from the rest of the group. We knew it was somewhat wrong and we knew it was a long shot but we did it anyways. We just didn’t want to be a part of trying to break the peace that had finally seemed to settle among EXO and Mato. In the end these four little guys ended up coming with us since they thought the same way as us when it came to this seemingly never ending old… neighboring feud.”

“So… That’s a really nice story but I still don’t know what the heck I’m doing here.” You stated at last.

----------------------

“Yo! Taemoon!” Kai called as he resolutely walked over to the stranger.

Taemin turned to look at whoever had called, even though it wasn’t for him. However he saw a slightly scary looking guy walking towards him and at last stopped in front of him.

“Can I… Help you?” Taemin took in the image of the boy in front of him.

“Are you Taemoon?” Kai asked, not wanting to waste his time here if the boy in front of him wasn’t as a matter of fact the one they were searching for.

“No…” Taemin started and Kai sighed and turned to leave. “…I’m Taemin.” Taemin finished and caused Kai to stop in his tracks and turn back around to look at Taemin.

“Oh right… That’s what she said.” Kai suddenly smirked, causing Taemin to feel a bit uncomfortable. Kai called Luhan over and two stood in front of Taemin quietly for a few seconds before Luhan opened his mouth.

“If you’re Taemin, then where’s Julia?” he asked.

“That’s what I’d like to know as well. She was supposed to be here ages ago. I mean she did text me to tell me she was late bu-“ suddenly Taemin stopped himself and looked at Luhan and Kai properly.
“Who are you guys? How do you know Julia?”

“Maybe the question is, how do YOU know Julia?” Kai said and took an intimidating step closer to Taemin but Luhan just pulled him back. “We’re… relatives.” Luhan explained.

“Oh! You’re her relatives from that restaurant.” Taemin suddenly thought he understood, recalling the encounter with Julia in the mall a couple of weeks ago when she had said it had been cousins and such with her in the restaurant Kibum had seen her in.

Both Luhan and Kai furrowed their eyebrows but it went unnoticed by Taemin. “So you don’t know where she is?” Taemin asked, suddenly sounding a bit worried.

“No…Don’t you?” Luhan’s eyes suddenly widened.

“No. As I said, she was supposed to be here a long time ago.” Taemin looked at his watch.

“So… Do you think something’s happened to her?” Luhan asked, exchanging a worried glance with Kai.

“I don’t know. I mean it’s possible she should definitively be here by no-“ Taemin couldn’t make it any further through the sentence before Kai and Luhan exchanged another glance and suddenly they were gone.

“H-hey! Where did they go!?” Taemin exclaimed but as he looked around, he realized he was causing people to stare so he quieted down.

---------

“Ouch!” Luhan grunted as his tailbone collided with the gear shift. “You need to practice your teleporting!” he then scolded Kai as he shifted over to sit properly in the drives seat without causing any more damage to his poor .

“Sorry! But to be fair, I did just practice it. I’m making progress every time.” Kai smiled as he fastened his seatbelt.

“Well, that Taemin wasn’t to a lot of help.” Luhan decided to change the subject as he started the car.

“Without him, we wouldn’t even know Julia might be in danger.” Kai said and suddenly didn’t look too happy anymore.

“True.” Luhan agreed as they left the parking lot.

“Where could she be?” Kai asked as they were driving back towards their apartment.

“I have no idea…” Luhan said while a very uncomfortable feeling came creeping in his gut.

-----------------------

“You see Julia…” This time Himchan was the one who did the speaking. “During our first 2 years on earth we had to move around multiple times because wherever we went on this planet, there was always either a spy from B.A.P or an alien from EXO in the nearby. When we came to this city, it was the first time we were able to feel safe. We’ve been here for over a year now and we haven’t gotten the slightest signal of any other aliens, which is quite unbelievable since it’s such a big city. This was, however until a few months ago when a certain EXO alien came walking in to this little bar we’ve established and ruined the peace.” Himchan mumbled darkly.

“Not that he caused any damage. He asked if we had ice cream and when we hadn’t he ended up getting drunk instead.” Yongguk chuckled.

All of a sudden, the memories came flashing back to you from that night Xiumin had disappeared and you had found him on the Two Moon bar.

The man nodded towards someone who had his entire upper body lying on the counter. It took you a while to realize that it was Xiumin.

“Xiumin!” you exclaimed and reached out to pat his body. Xiumin lifted his head and looked at you with an annoyed face. Then he seemed to realize it was you and shone up.   

“He obviously can’t handle much alcohol. He’s completely wasted after just three beers.” The intimidating bartender almost seemed to have the ghost of a smile playing on his lips.   

“How were you even able to get in touch with me?” you asked him as you tried together with help from Chen, to hold Xiumin’s limp body up so that he wouldn’t leave drool marks on the flashy wooden counter.

“I asked if he had anyone to contact and he told me about one digit a minute, but at last I got your phone number.” The bartender explained with his deep voice. His voice was probably even deeper than Chanyeol’s.

“Oh, well thank you so much for taking care of him.” you nodded with a slight smile as you pulled Xiumin of the stool and put one of his arms around your shoulders while Chen put the other one around his. 

“That’s just my job. And this guy doesn’t look very old either. I didn’t even believe him when he said he was as old as me. He had to show me his ID. He looks so new to the world somehow.” The bartender said, leaning slightly on the counter.   

You glanced at Xiumin. Was he really the same age as this skinny yet buff guy behind the counter, who despite the two earrings dangling from each ear managed to look extremely manly?     

“Yeah well, thank you again.” you nodded before turning around and dragging Xiumin out of the bar, leaving the seemingly nice yet extremely intimidating bartender behind.

And that bartender… It had been Yongguk!

“After that, we started seeing aliens and feeling their presence everywhere. We soon figured they were here on some kind of mission.” Youngjae, who had taken over the role as speaker, glanced at the others before he continued. “We’re afraid that the leaders of EXO might have figured out the board on Mato had something going on and sent, if what you say is correct, 12 aliens here to fight us away.” 

You suddenly felt incredibly confused. There was just too much information getting into your brain at the same time.

“I think she might need a break.” Jongup whispered to Yongguk. The leader nodded in agreement. “Come on Julia, let’s get you something to eat.”

----------------

“What are you saying? Is she gone? Like, gone gone!?” Suho exclaimed widening his eyes as Kai and Luhan announced the news.

“It can’t be…” Chen mumbled.

“Well we actually literally spoke to that Taemin guy and he said she hadn’t showed up.” Luhan explained.

“What do we do now Duizhang?” Sehun looked up at Kris with a worried expression.

Kris looked down at Sehun and took a deep breath before looking at all the aliens in the room. “Isn’t it obvious? We look for her.”