Chapter 32: You better run

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

 

”Why hasn’t Luhan called me back?” Kris muttered and milliseconds later his phone rang. To his disappointment it wasn’t Luhan nor Kai, but Chanyeol.

“Found something?” Chanyeol asked as fast as Kris had picked up, sounding very high-pitched to be him.   

“Well, Luhan called me like an hour ago and said he and Kai had seen an alien.  They were sure.” Kris answered, a green candle placed on your living room table.  

“And?” Chanyeol asked. He had stopped completely in his tracks and Baekhyun was looking at him, eyes questioning what information Kris was currently giving his searching buddy. 

“And nothing more. I told them to stay at the store, it was apparently the 7 eleven by that movie shop, and wait for the B.A.P alien but I haven’t heard from them since.” Kris said, now rubbing his forehead in frustration. He was tired. He wanted to go to sleep. But he knew he’d never be able to sleep unless he knew you were safe. 

“We could head over there and look. We’re not far from there.” Chanyeol said as he looked around, spotting some drunk people in your age. 

“Great. Call me as fast as you know something.” Kris nodded and hung up.

----

Chanyeol and Baekhyun didn’t even walk for 30 seconds until they both felt the presence of an alien near. Very near.
They were both frozen in their paths, turning their heads in slow motion and unison as someone, an alien, passed right by them.   

“Ayy!” Chanyeol called, faster than he could think. The alien turned quickly and stared and Baekhyun and Chanyeol for a few seconds before he took off.

“Damn it! Come on!” Baekhyun called and he and Chanyeol started sprinting after the alien. But he was fast. Much faster than either Baekhyun or Chanyeol, and that despite the latter having damn long legs, much longer than the one they were chasing.   

Despite running out of their breaths, despite their legs hurting, despite feeling their stomach clench and their throats burn, neither Chanyeol nor Baekhyun even considered stopping. If there was even the slightest chance that the alien they were chasing was the one who had you or if he knew something about where you were, they weren’t stopping for anything.   

----

Jongup threw another worried look over his shoulder. It resulted in him smiling. Looks like he finally shoo those EXO aliens off. He wasn’t completely sure why they had chased him. Either it was because of the simple, and quite racist, reason that they were from EXO and he was from Mato or it was because of Julia. Jongup wasn’t sure which one of those two would be worse for him and his brothers.

He slowed down his pace and felt satisfied to be able to outrun them so easily. After all, he had been one of the most promising sprint competitors back on Mato. He jogged the last block before walking up to the door of their little home.

Even though their bar – which by the way was named after one of EXO all old myths that the B.A.P aliens found funny – was pretty successful, their house wasn’t anything to show up on MTV Cribs.
it was in the back of the bar, behind a fairly soundproof wall.

There was one big room that they used as a living room. There was a small, green sofa for 3 people tops, an un-modern TV and a tiny fridge. The walls were untouched since they had moved in there and so was floor and of course ceiling. Besides the ‘living room’ there was another, slightly smaller room with 6 beds. Well, 2 tent beds, three mattresses on the floor and one real bed. But the real bed was big, easily fitting two people.

Despite not being much to the world, it was a home, Jongup’s home. And even though he missed his life on Mato every now and then, he liked it here. He loved it. He was always afraid something would happen that would cause them to have to move.

He opened the door, letting out a relieved sigh and then tiptoeing through the room to not wake you up.

----

“That’s a really bad picture of you.” Kai pointed out just as Luhan had finished taking his mug shot.

“You weren’t that much better.” Luhan muttered.

“Sign here please.” A policeman reached them each some papers and they took turns in signing them with the pencil by the counter. 

“Are we free to go now?” Luhan asked once everything was signed. The policeman looked through their papers and gave them a disapproving look. “You’re papers look odd.” He mumbled.

Kai and Luhan glanced at each other nervously but the policeman moved on.

“I assume you have no money since you guys stole the chocolate.”

“No.” Luhan shook his head.

“Unless you except monopoly money…” Kai mumbled but Luhan elbowed him in the side. The policeman gave them another suspicious glare.

“You have to pay for the chocolate bars you ate.” He explained.

“But… We don’t have any money.” Kai said, furrowing his eyebrows. What did this dude not understand?

The policeman shrugged. “Too bad. You’ll have to call someone here who can pay for you. In the meanwhile we’ve got a beautiful cell right over there that you can wait in.” as he finished the sentence he smiled.

------

Baekhyun was limping by now, dragging his left leg behind and his ‘running’ was probably not going any faster than if he would walk. Chanyeol was panting and his vision was blurry.

“I think we’ve lost him.” Baekhyun let out, cramping on to his thigh in pain.

Chanyeol took a deep breath and tried to answer him but couldn’t get anything out. He didn’t have to though. Suddenly, quick steps were heard behind them and they saw Lay, Chen and Suho came jogging towards them.

“What the heck happened to you?” Chen exclaimed, eyeing Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“Can’t….Breathe…” Chanyeol was able to get out as he slumped over Lay, who held him up. “There, there.” He said as he patted his back slightly.

“Guys!” Baekhyun said quickly, trying to catch his breath.

“You need to start working out…” Chen mumbled. Baekhyun didn’t even bother to glare at him. Instead, he focused his vision on Suho. “We’ve seen…an alien.”

“What!” All three of them widened their eyes. “From Mato?!”  “Where?!”  “When!?”

“Yes! Right here! Just now!” Baekhyun exclaimed. “He ran that way!” He pointed. Before he could ask them to take his and Chanyeol’s place and run instead, Suho and Chen were off in the direction he had pointed at.   

“You’re in pain?” Lay asked Baekhyun and Chanyeol as he still helped the giant to stand. Chanyeol’s eyes were closed and he seemed to finally be able to catch his breath. Baekhyun on the other hand was still holding on to his leg.

“Here, I’ll help you.” Lay said and gently made sure Chanyeol could stand on his own for a bit as he bent over slightly next to Baekhyun, placing the palm of his hand a few centimeters above Baekhyun’s injured thigh. Lay glanced around to make sure no humans were around before carefully starting to heal Baekhyun’s leg. After no more than 10 seconds, Baekhyun felt like new again. “Thanks Lay.” He smiled and gave the healer a quick hug.

“Guys…” Chanyeol said slowly. “Should we try to go after Suho and Chen?”

“Walking?” Baekhyun asked with raised eyebrows. Chanyeol snorted. “I don’t plan on ever running again in my life.” 

----

“YOU’VE WHAT!?” Kris roared into his phone.

“We’ve been arrested.” Luhan sounded very squeaky and small as he repeated himself.

“Perfect, just perfect…” Kris mumbled, mostly to himself.   

“We kind of need you to come pick us up… And bring some money.” Luhan continued.

The sigh that emitted from his leader was similar to a sound you’d expect from a dragon. “I’ll be there in a bit.” He said before hanging up.

He grabbed his wallet from the living room table and was just about to head out the door when his phone beeped. Kris opened the text from Chen.

We’ve found the B.A.P aliens. Come to this address: *address*

Any arrested aliens were quickly forgotten.     

----------

It’s been a while… Anyhow, I’m getting a KrisxYou fic going soon, the first 2 chapters are done *thumbs up*

If you want to comment, feel free to do so, you know how an author loves comments. Especially the really nice ones ^^

tumblr_m4z54wzRy21r23onoo1_500.gif