Chapter 39: Xiumin, Kyungsoo and Kris

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

”You look down.” Xiumin stated as he walked you into the empty room. He tried to smile, or something close to it, but you could see he wasn’t feeling too happy either.

“Well I think I have reasons to be.” you mumbled. Xiumin looked at your puffy eyes that still were a bit red from crying together with Sehun even though you had tried to gather yourself. He didn’t like seeing you like this. He reached his hand to carefully pull some of your hair behind your hair.

“I want to try and make you feel better.” he said, looking at you with sad eyes. You nodded, trying to keep your tears inside. Heck, you had never been a crier!

“What do you want to do?” you asked. “Eat ice cream?” you smiled slightly at that, actually thinking he’d say yes.

Xiumin did look like he was considering it. “While it’d be nice… I’ve actually got something else in mind…” he raised his eyebrows in expectation and smiled cutely.

“Oh my God, Xiumin!” you exclaimed, widening your eyes. “Have you been spending too much time with Baekhyun?!”

Xiumin looked at you with a very confused expression for a while before he realized what you were talking about. “Oh! No! What do you think of me?!” he exclaimed, widening his eyes to the same size as yours.

“Oh, good… You worried me for a while…” you mumbled, putting a hand over your chest.

Xiumin shook his head. “No, no, no… Don’t worry. I’m not like Baekhyun.” he smiled as he stood closely to you, looking into your eyes which caused you to smile. “So what was it that you had in mind?” you asked.

“I was thinking… How ‘bout a snowball fight.” he smiled like a little kid.

“A snowball fight?” you questioned, raising your eyebrows. Xiumin shrugged. “Yeah… I mean, you played soccer with Luhan and video games with Baekhyun and I heard you lost at both but-“

“Wait, Baekhyun told you he won?” you asked, narrowing your eyes.

“Yeah…?” Xiumin looked at you with furrowed eyebrows.

“I’m gonna throw a banana shell on him…” you mumbled to yourself.

“Whaaat…?” Xiumin looked at you weirdly.

“Never mind.” you shook your head. “If we’re gonna have a snowball fight we need warmer clothes. And snow.” you stated.

“Haven’t you learned anything about this room?” Xiumin asked with a slight smirk. Just as he finished the sentence, ice cold white snow appeared all around you as well as warm winter clothes to wear. The two of you quickly put them on and as Xiumin was putting on a cute, red hat he smiled towards you. “You’re going down.” he stated.

You just scoffed, not really intimidated by his warning. “We’ll see.” you answered casually as you buttoned a big, blue jacket.

“Okay, should we lay down some ground ru-“ before you had a chance to finish the sentence a hard, ice cold snowball hit the back of your neck. As you shut your eyes in fury, you could feel the cold, melted drops of the snow, slowly run down your spine.

“XIUMIN!” you called out before you turned around and glared at him, throwing daggers from your eyes.

“Sorry.” he squeaked, but the huge, gummy smile on his face told you that he wasn’t very sorry at all. You kept staring at him as you dramatically grabbed the sow that hadn’t already gone running down your back.   
“I’ll forgive you if you give me a hug.” you said and put on an innocent face. “Really?” Xiumin looked surprised as he raised his eyebrows. Then he walked towards you with a big smile.

As soon as you had put your arms around him, you lifted your hand that still held some of the snow that had been in your neck and pressed it towards Xiumin’s.   

“…” Xiumin let out some inaudible sound as he pressed the back of his head towards his neck in reflex. His eyes were wide open and staring into the middle of nowhere, making him look dead.

“It’s on.” he croaked with the same dead expression before he in the speed of lightning grabbed the  the snow from the back of his neck and threw it on the ground and then picked up a new fistful of snow, quickly turning it in to a ball and threw it towards you.

You managed to duck right in time and had the snowball flying above your head with only about 3 cm to spare. You quickly tried collecting some snow with both of your hands and shape it in to a ball but Xiumin was quicker and hit you with one on your shoulder and some of the snow splashed up on your face. You froze and gasped for a second before quickly finishing the snowball you had been working on and got up from the ground.

To your surprise, Xiumin wasn’t anywhere to be seen. You started looking around the white hills of shimmering snow but before you could spot him anywhere, an arm had been swung around your throat.

“Now I’ve got you.” Xiumin breathed with a sweet smile as you tried to get out of his grip. But Xiumin was much stronger than you and your tries to get out of his grip were hopeless as he landed and handful of snow right on the top of your head.

“Guess you should have worn something on your head.” he smiled teasingly as he let go of you. You looked at him with evil eyes as you brushed the snow of your head. “I hate you.” You muttered.

“No you don’t.” Xiumin smiled and put his arms around you, nuzzling his face into the side of your neck.

You couldn’t deny that he was right. But then you lifted your right hand that was still holding on to your snowball and tried to land it square in Xiumin’s face, but once again he was faster than you and grabbed your wrist before you could hit.

“Damn you Xiumin!” you muttered as you wriggled out of his grip.

-----

“I don’t understand why they want to mess with the schedule when I’ve got it so perfectly figured out!” Kyungsoo muttered as he walked inside the room after Xiumin had left.

“Isn’t the order just random?” you questioned.

“Well, yeah…” Kyungsoo shrugged in response.

“Then does it really hurt if they change the order?”

“…”

“Here, let me see.” you gestured for the schedule and Kyungsoo gave it to you. “There’s still a lot to go…” you stated after studying the schedule.

“Are you tired already?” Kyungsoo asked.

“A little.” You shrugged. “I’ve been playing soccer and had a snowball fight…”

“We can do something calmer if you want to.” Kyungsoo stated.

“Like what?”

Kyungsoo simply shrugged. Just like the others, he didn’t want to waste these short 45 minutes, but he was also too nervous to even think straight.

“Wait…” you started as you turned the paper with the schedule. “Did you draw this?” you asked as you looked at a quite impressing drawing of a wolf. You turned your eyes towards Kyungsoo, who was blushing slightly and avoiding your gaze.

“Y-yeah… I did. There’s a lot of time waiting…” he mumbled, pretending to be very interested in his fingernails.

“This is amazing!” you exclaimed. “I didn’t know you could draw.”

“Well…I’m not that good really. Though certainly better than Kris…” Kyungsoo mumbled.

“Can you draw me?” you asked, ignoring what he had mumbled.

“Draw you?” Kyungsoo asked with his big eyes.

“Yeah, I mean, if you want to.” you smiled.

“S-Sure! I can do that.” he nodded.

And – this time without even surprising you – an easel, a couple of pencils and two chairs on either side of the easel appeared.

“Have a seat.” Kyungsoo gestured towards one of the chairs as he sat down on the chair by the easel. “Promise me something.” Kyungsoo started.

“What?” you asked as you brushed through your hair with your fingers to make it look as perfect as possible.

“Promise me you don’t have to high expectations on this drawing.” Kyungsoo said as he picked out the right pencil.

You chuckled. “Can’t promise that.”

You could practically see Kyungsoo sigh and he mumbled something but you couldn’t hear what.

After about five minutes of silence, you started growing bored.

“Tell me something about you Kyungsoo.” you suggested.

Kyungsoo paused his drawing as he glanced at you over the easel. “Like what?” he asked.

“Tell me something I don’t know about you.”

“I don’t know what you don’t know.”  Kyungsoo said as he continued drawing.

“There’s a lot of stuff I don’t know. I actually don’t know much about you at all.” you stated.

“I don’t know what to tell you…There’s not much to me. The others have far more interesting stories.” Kyungsoo declared without looking up from the easel.

“Oh stop it.” you shook your head. “I don’t think you’re actually this shy Kyungsoo.” you stated, looking at him, trying to read his body language.

Kyungsoo glanced at you. “Well, you certainly make me shyer than I usually am around girls.”

“Why’s that?” you questioned, furrowing your eyebrows.

“Well… I guess it’s quite simple. I mean, you’re my soul mate. I’m destined to be with you, well, maybe not anymore but…” Kyungsoo started mumbling towards the end but you realized what he meant. Also, for the first time you came to think about that they weren’t just your soul mates, but you were theirs as well. Or maybe, just one of them was your soul mate and it was crucial you somehow managed to choose the right one.   

“Let me ask you Kyungsoo… What would you do if you were in my position?” you asked, staring out in to the middle of nowhere.

“You mean, if I had to choose only one of the twelve I love?”

“Yeah.” you chuckled, realizing how much your current situation sounded like some ridiculous reality show where a bunch of attractive males were put in a house and then one girl got to date them all and then in the end choose one of them to date for real.

“I really don’t know…” Kyungsoo answered truthfully. “I’m honestly really glad I don’t have to make the kind of decision you will have to make. I mean, if it was up to me, we’d all stay together in your apartment, or well, maybe move to some bigger place so that all of us could get our own room. I really care for Kai and all, but heck, he snores.” Kyungsoo stated and seemed happy when he was able to make you laugh.

“And what, you’d all share me forever?” you asked.

“Well, that was what I thought we were going to do all along. Though I guess it’ll be better like this. I mean, let’s face it, not all of us are the sharing kind of people.” Kyungsoo stated.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right… And it does sound insane for me to have twelve boyfriends and then what, twelve different marriages or one with all of you putting a ring on my finger at the same time- oh my God, I’d have to have twelve wedding rings!” you exclaimed as the realization dawned on you.

Kyungsoo laughed. “Yeah, I’m sure that would be the worst part…”

“But I mean, it has been fine during this time we’ve all been together. After all, it’s been almost a year.” you stated, thinking back at all the good memories. 

Kyungsoo shrugged. “Sure, but there has been quite some drama too.”

“Yeah, but what family doesn’t have drama?” you questioned with a smile.

“True.” Kyungsoo agreed with a smile.

“It’s done.” Kyungsoo declared a while later. He sounded a bit nervous but you felt happy as you finally got your now stiff but of that chair and walked up to him to see the art piece.

It was really beautiful. He was even better than you had first thought. You guessed the wolf he had drawn had pretty much just been a little doodling and this was what he really was capable of.

“What-what do you think?” Kyungsoo asked nervously as you didn’t say anything.

“Wow.” Was all you managed to say.

“If you like it, you can keep it. It can remind you of me.” Kyungsoo said, with a hint of sadness in his voice. You realized that none of the alien you had spent 45 minutes with yet had seemed to  think they were going to get picked, not even Baekhyun and he was usually pretty confident and the same with Luhan.   

You decided to not say anything about it as you leaned down to give Kyungsoo a hug.

--------------

“So, next is Kris.” you read from the schedule.

“Yep.” Kyungsoo nodded. “I can take the painting until the day is over, I mean so that you don’t have to drag it around all day.”

“Thanks.” you smiled as Kyungsoo left and soon Kris came instead.

“Hi…” he said with his deep voice and you couldn’t help but to smile. Sure, Kris had angered you a couple of times, but that didn’t mean you disliked him and lately he had seemed so unsure because of your anger towards him and so you felt kind of sorry for him.

“Hey.” you greeted back.

“The…others are pretty mad at me.” he stated as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his head.

“Why?” you furrowed your eyebrows.  

“Because I knew that you couldn’t be with all of us in the end and didn’t tell them.”

“Oh, right…” you realized.

“I mean, those were my orders.” Kris stated, trying to defend himself.

“I understand.” you nodded.

The two of you stood quiet for a moment. Your stomach broke the silence however.

“Are you hungry?” Kris questioned, glancing at your stomach.

You shook your head. “No, my tummy is just working.”

“Please, that’s just another word for hungry.” Kris said as he made a face. “Have you eaten with any of the others already?” he asked.

“No.” you shook your head.

Kris checked his watch. “Then let’s eat.” he stated. “Any specific restaurant you’d like?”

“Restaurant? Can’t we cook ourselves?” you suggested.

Kris raised an eyebrow. “Since when do you know how to cook?”

“Who says I’m gonna cook? We’ll do it together.”

“But we’ll burn down the kitchen…” Kris mumbled with horror in his voice just as the room turned in to a kitchen.

“No, silly! It’ll be fun!” you exclaimed as you happily put on one of the two aprons that hung in the room and reached the other to Kris.

“Why do I have to take the pink one?” Kris asked, still sounding miserable.

“Because you pull it off better than me.” you smiled.

-------------------------------------------------