Chapter 10: Let's do something fun!

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

You squeeze your eyes shut as you start to cry into Baekhyun’s shirt. He keeps caressing your head but his calming words doesn’t help you as you keep hearing the sounds of the fight. Please let Tao be okay. You pray to something somewhere. Suddenly you realize you can’t hear the grunts and the horrible sounds of fists hitting, arms, chests and faces anymore.  

Is the fight over? You ask yourself, scared to turn around and find out who won. You suddenly feel Baekhyun letting go of you and turn you around as a new pair of arms slowly and very carefully wrapping around you.

You look up to see the chin of… Tao! You slightly push yourself away from him to be able to look at his face. Your happy smile soon turns into a frowning face though. “Oh my, Tao.” You breathe as you carefully reach up to touch his busted lip.  

Tao winces as you touch his wound and he reaches his own hand to touch it. “Ow…” he mumbles.

“Come on, we better get back to the apartment…” Kris states as he glances at the three attackers who are now helping each other up from the ground to pull one another away from the alley.   

“C-can you walk?” you worriedly ask Tao who nods slowly but you can see pain in his expression.  

Kris wraps his arm around Tao’s waist and carefully puts Tao’s arm over his shoulders so that he can help your savior to walk.  

You look at Tao’s limping body as he and Kris start to walk towards your apartment.

“Are you alright?” Baekhyun asks. You just stand there quietly, suddenly realizing what would have happened if Tao and the others hadn’t show up. You shudder slightly at the thought as you swallow another wave of tears.

“Hey, hey, hey. Everything’s alright. Don’t you cry anymore.” Baekhyun says as he stands in front of you, wiping away your tears with his thumbs.    

“Let’s go now. You want a piggyback ride?” Sehun smiles at you soothingly and you nod with a slight smile. Sehun bends down and Baekhyun helps you jump onto Sehun’s back. You feel very comfortable as you hide your face in Sehun’s hair, trying to forget about the horrifying events of the last 30 minutes.  

----------

“Ow!” Tao exclaims as you wipe a cotton pad with some fluid that your mom said would be good to clean wounds with. 

“I’m sorry but I have to do this. We don’t want to get this infected.” You say and hold his jaw to be able to really clean the wound. “There you go.” You say as you’re finally done. “You did very good.” You say, patting his cheek.

“Thank you.” Tao smiles and you look up to meet his warm eyes. “No…” you shake your head. “Thank YOU. You saved my life.” You mumble, focusing your eyes on the cap you were putting back on the bottle.    

“I would do it all over again any time.” He says, lovingly your back.

You smile up at him, feeling extremely happy with having those 12 weird aliens in your apartment.

----------

“Do you really have to go to school every day?” Kai asks you as you pack your books in your blue back pack.

“No, just Monday to Friday.” You state.

“And what day is it today?” Kai asks.

“Friday, which means I’ll be home tomorrow.” You nod with a smile.

“Great, so can’t we do something fun then?” Sehun smiles excitedly as he appears right next to you out of nowhere.

“Ehm…Like what?” You ask, unsure of what you could possibly do with twelve boys in their early twenties.

“Oh! Can’t we play spaceball?” Luhan exclaims with wide eyes and a happy smile.

“Spaceball?” You ask with a raised eyebrow.  

“Oh yes! That was a long time ago!” Xiumin exclaims happily, clapping his hands together.

“What is spaceball?” you ask again.  

“You don’t have it here? It’s this really awesome game where you have two teams and you kick a round ball toward a goal. The team that makes the most goals win.” Luhan explains hurriedly.

“So it’s like soccer?” You ask.

“Huh…?” Luhan makes a weird face.

“Oh yeah! Soccer! Yeah, it’s pretty much the same thing.” Baekhyun explains.

“You guys really want to play soccer?” you ask.

“If it’s the same thing as spaceball, we sure do!” Xiumin smiles.

“Yeah come on Julia, let’s play that.” Tao smiles. His wounds had healed well. He could walk properly, his busted lip wasn’t busted anymore and the scar on his face wasn’t even that visible anymore.

“I really hate soccer.” You say with a pout.  

“Oh come on. Do it for us. We’ve been here for 7 days now and we haven’t done anything fun. I even missed the only fight that has occurred on this boring planet since we came.” Kai says, some of the other aliens nodding in agreement.

“Fine.” You mutter. “Tomorrow we’ll all go to the park and play soccer.” You sigh. I really hate soccer.

----------

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.” You mutter to yourself as you arrive together with the 12 aliens in the park. For some of them this was their first time outside of your apartment ever since they landed on planet earth.
Chanyeol ran around the court with his arms flying in the air. Then he lies down and starts to roll around.

“What is wrong with him?” You ask as you shake your head. “I don’t think anyone can answer those questions.” Baekhyun chuckles as he puts the soccer ball you borrowed from Sooyoung – who gave you an incredibly quizzical look when you asked for it – on the ground.  

“Come one now let’s play!!!” Xiumin shouts with Luhan next to him as they run around the field for a bit before they stop to stand in the middle.

“We’ll be the captains.” Luhan states. “Excuse me?” Kris asks but gets ignored by the two soccer maniacs.

“I’ll start to pick because I’m the oldest. I’ll take Tao!” Xiumin hurriedly says in one quick breath before Luhan can say anything about it.

Tao walks over to stand next to Xiumin with a slightly proud smile over the fact that he was chosen first.

“I’ll take Kai.” Luhan points at Kai who smirks.  

“Hey!” Sehun exclaims with a hurt expression. “Sorry Hunnie!” Luhan calls.

“I pick Duizhang.” Xiumin nods and Kris walks over with a slight roll of his eyes.

Soon everyone is picked except for you and Sehun.  

You’re just slightly hurt by not being chosen even though none of them had ever seen your unbelievable non-existing sport skills.

Sehun on the other hand looks furious as he stands with his arms crossed, pissed over the fact that Luhan no one had picked him yet.

“I can’t believe he’d pick Kyungsoo over me. Can that boy even kick a ball?” You overhear Sehun mutter.

You watch Luhan as he glances between you and Sehun with a thoughtful expression before he exclaims. “Sehun!” Sehun kicks the ground before walking over to Luhan’s team with an almost visible grey cloud over his head.

“Why am I even here? You don’t need me, I’ll just makes the team uneven.” You say as you throw your arms in the air.   

“Oh Sweetie, do you really think you could affect the outcome of this game?” Xiumin smiles. You glare at him with such fury that he actually backs of slightly and focus his eyes on Luhan instead as they put the soccer ball on the ground between them.      

“Let the game begin!” Luhan calls before both he and Xiumin runs forward to take the ball.