Chapter 5: A day at Gucky

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

Once Kris and Tao leaves and everyone has gotten their breakfast, you have a sudden feel of curiosity and want to know more about this whole alien deal.

“So I was really set to be alone? There’s NO ONE out there for me?” You ask and feel a little empty inside.  

“Yep.” Suho nods. “But don’t worry, now we’re here for you.” He smiles.

“Exactly, and that’s way better.” Chanyeol says as he chews on an apple.

“Are you sure ‘bout that?” you ask with a raised eyebrow. 

“Positive. Could a human ‘boyfriend’ do this?” Chanyeol asks and lifts his free hand. 

“Don’t.” Suho says with a firm look which makes Chanyeol put his hand down again. “Sorry…” he mumbles. 

“Okay, anyway, so you guys were sent here because I was otherwise going to end up alone. But why could it possibly be so important to the EXO aliens that I’m not alone so that they send me twelve of you?” you ask, ignoring Chanyeol.

“It’s important that every human has someone special. I don’t really know why, but it is. Well, from the beginning, the idea was of course that you’d only get one alien, and there was even one prepared for you, but he couldn’t leave. Don’t ask me why, ‘cause I don’t know, but he couldn’t. So instead, we were all sent since we were left overs.” Suho explains.

You nod your head slowly. “But is it always girls who end up alone? I mean, since you’re all males?” you ask, looking at them with raised eyebrows. 

Suho chuckle slightly, glancing at Chanyeol. “No, and we can go through a special ‘operation’ as you humans might call it, to become female. Chanyeol was close to having to do it when he was the prepared alien, right?”   

You expect Chanyeol to blush and be awkward about it, but instead he stands tall and even looks slightly proud.  

“Yes, and I would have been a heck of a gorgeous lady, thank you very much.” As he ends the sentence, he puts his still free hand at his waist and strikes a pose. 

Both you and Suho burst out laughing and Chanyeol just seems happy with being able to entertain you.

While you’re in the living room, talking to Suho and Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kai with the company of a worried Kyungsoo is in your bedroom. 

“There’s so many cool stuff here I’ve only heard of.” Baekhyun exclaims excitedly , looking at you shelves of movies, books at photo frames completely mesmerized. 

“Are you guys sure it’s really a good idea to be in here?” Kyungsoo asks, worriedly glancing at the door, expecting you to appear any second.    

“Don’t worry little guy.” Kai pats Kyungsoo on the shoulder. “I’m older than you.” Kyungsoo remarks but Kai just ignores his comment. “We’re here on a mission, aren’t we? We have to get to know this girl to be able to be good soul mates. It’s easy for you, you just cook and she’ll love you forever. If I had known cooking would catch girls’ hearts, I would have learnt it from my mom when I had the chance.” Kai nods a he opens your closet to look through it.        

“Wow, there is so much interesting stuff in here.” Baekhyun smiles as he is now sitting on the floor with one of your magazines in his lap.  

“And in here.” Kai states as he starts to pull in one of your dresses. 

“Oh geesh! Look at this!” Baekhyun exclaims from the floor and Kai and Kyungsoo walks over.

“Top 10 pick-up lines” Baekhyun read from the magazine.      

“Pick-up lines?” Kai ask with an arched eyebrow. “What the heck is that?” Kyungsoo asks.

“I’ve heard of it, it’s like the humans – mostly the males – way of getting girls. Of picking them up.” Baekhyun explains. 

“Oooh, maybe this information could be useful.” Kai states and grab the corner of the magazine to hold it up so that Baekhyun can read clearly.  

-----------------------

“So are there trees on EXO?” You ask with wide eyes.

“Well, not like the trees you have here – the trees on EXO are way cooler.” Chanyeol explains with a nod.  

Just then, Baekhyun appears next to you. “Did it hurt when you fell from heaven? ‘Cause you must be an angel.” He says as he leans near you with his eyes narrowed in a seductive manner.     

“Ehh…?” You try to lean away from him, but then Kai appears on the other side of you with the same expression as Baekhyun on his face. “  

“So…” He starts seductively as he tries to lean closer to you. “Besides being y, what do you do for a living?” he asks with a huge smirk.     

“Huh?” You furrow your eyebrows. What’s with these weirdoes?!

“Kyungsoo! Your turn!” Baekhyun hisses and you turn your head towards Kyungsoo who awkwardly stands next to the couch, in a safe distance from you. 

“Ehh…” Kyungsoo scratches his head slightly. “I-I’ve lost my phone number… C-could I-I have yours…?

You stare at him for a couple of seconds before you crack up laughing. Your eyes almost tear up from the laughing fit you’re experiencing.     

“Wha-What did we do?” Kai asks as he straightens up and slowly loose his smug face.  

You finally manage to stop laughing and you’re able to look at the three of them. “Did you guys just try to hit on me?” You ask.

“Well… I think the term used in the magazine was ‘pick up’…” Kai says slowly.

“Why are you reacting like this Julia? This is not how I heard girls were supposed to react. What is wrong with you?” Baekhyun ask almost accusingly.  

“Wow, if I only got a penny for every time someone has asked that…” You mumble. 

“But… If this doesn’t work, how are we supposed to pick you up?” Kai asks curious. 

You shrug. “I guess you don’t even have to ‘pick me up’ since I’m already your soul mate, right?” you ask, looking at Suho since he seems to be the one who knows everything about why they’re here.

Suho also shrugs. “I don’t know. I’ve never really heard of this ‘picking up’.” He admits.

“Well then, let’s not worry about that anymore.” You smile towards Baekhyun, Kai and Kyungsoo. “And also, if you guys ever snoop around in my room again, you’re dead.” You state.   

-----------------------------

“It’s already dark. Where the heck are those giants?” You ask as you glance out the window, realizing Kris and Tao have been gone for about 8 hours and you were honestly starting to worry. Not really worried they’d get hurt – they were weird super power aliens after all – more that they were hurting someone else. Maybe not on purpose, but it was just their second day on earth. You felt a little bad about letting them go alone. They’re grown men, I shouldn’t have to worry ‘bout them.

“They’re probably back any time now.” Chanyeol appears behind you, eating from a plate with rice and chicken with his hands.   

“Do you even know that something called cutlery exists?” you ask.

“Hmmh?” Chanyeol raises his eyebrows with his cheeks filled with food.

You just roll your eyes and get inside the kitchen.    

“Here’s your food Julia.” Kyungsoo smiling reaches you your plate.  

“Oh, where have you been all my life?” You except the plate with a big smile as you sit down between Baekhyun and Lay at the table.    

You notice Lay poking his rice with a chopstick, but just one chopstick. You get up and walk over to the drawer, taking out another one and gives it to Lay as you sit back down. 

Lay looks up at you. “Here. Take it.” You shake your hand slightly and Lay snaps up and takes the chopstick from you. Then he slightly looks at the two sticks in his hands, obviously unknowing of how he was supposed to eat with them.   

You smile at his adorableness and reach your hand out towards him again. As your hand touches his, he jumps as if he got a minor electric shock. Chen chuckles from the bench he’s leaning on and Lay sends him an evil look before returning his attention back to you.  

You help to correct his hands with the chopstick so he holds them properly. “There you go. Now you can eat.” You state.   

Lay carefully leans down and starts to eat. You stare at him. “What are you? Mute? Say thank you.” You mutter.  

“Oh sorry…” Lay mumbles so quietly that you almost can’t hear him. “Thank you.” He then says clearly.     

You smile, proud over your little lesson in manner. “You’re welcome.”  

While you’re all pretty much squeezed inside the kitchen, you hear the door open.

“We’re back~!” you hear a voice you think you recognize as Tao’s, call. 

You quickly get up to go greet them, but stop quickly when you see the two human trees in the doorway.  

Tao looks happy as ever, with shopping bags all over. He’s carrying at least five in each hand and Kris stands next to him with an awkward expression on his face, holding almost as many bags.

“Oh my God! What did you buy!?” you exclaim.      

“I’ll show you!” Tao exclaim excitedly and quickly puts down the bags on the floor in front of him. He starts pulling out leather jackets, bags, shoes, hats, glamorous iPhone shells and earrings.

“Are. You. Kidding. Me?” You ask, staring at Tao.  

“No, no! This is all true!” He exclaims, jumping up from the floor with a blinged-up cap that he happily puts on your head. “Kris has soooo much money you wouldn’t even know and we found this really fancy place where there were a bunch of stores with the most fabulous clothes and accessories and I was so happy there Julia!” He exclaims, looking dazed.        

“Is it true? You’re rich?” Sehun asks Kris with wide eyes. Kris sighs, looking uncomfortable.    

You don’t wait for Sehun to get a reply. “Did you guys even remember to buy mattresses?” You ask, looking at the non-stopping ocean of shopping bags.       

“Ma-ttresses?” Tao ask, tilting his head.   

You roll your eyes, leaning your head back. “That was what you were supposed to buy.” You say, feeling annoyed. 

“Don’t worry Julia.” Kris says fairly quiet. “I went in to a store the sold furniture while Tao leaped amuck at a Gucky store or whatever it was called.” He continues.

“So you’ve bought mattresses?” You ask. 

“I was about to, but the man in the store suggested me to buy something else instead.” Kris explains. “Luhan could you get the boxes from downstairs?” he asks. 

Luhan lifts his hand slightly, his face scrunching up. “It’s a bit difficult –they’re so big.” He says.

After a couple of audible bumps from outside, Kris opens the door to the apartment and outside are some pretty big boxes.      

“Voila.” Luhan smiles as he puts the boxes on the floor.

“What is all of this?” You ask.  

“It’s a couch that you can unfold to a bed, of some kind.” Kris explains. “And there’s also a bigger table and some chairs, so more of us can eat at the same time.”

You nod your head approvingly. “Great. And I assume you know how to build them.” You ask Kris.

Kris’ face turns upside down. “What do you mean?”    

“It’s not like the furniture are just going to pop out completely finished from the boxes.” You state.

“They’re not?” Kris raises his eyebrows in shock.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I’ll probably update again this weekend sometime ^^