Chapter 4: Breakfast with aliens

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

”GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN!”

You open your eyes with a deep sigh. That’s right… There were…aliens… in your house now. You pushed yourself up and rubbed your forehead before you swung your legs over the edge of the bed and got up. 

You slowly walked inside the kitchen just as Kyungsoo screamed again. “I TOLD YOU TO GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN! YOU JUST RUIN EVERYTHING!” Just as he finishes the sentence, he spots you over by the door frame.    

You cross your arms and look at Kyungsoo. “So it’s already your kitchen?” you ask as you raise an eyebrow. 

“Ehh…” Kyungsoo looks over at Sehun and Tao as they stand across the floor and giggles, seeming satisfied over the fact that the person that tried to hunt them out of the kitchen is now being scolded. “…That’s not what I meant…”  

You walk over to the stove and notice that he’s making an omelet. Your eyes immediately widen. “You’re cooking!?” you exclaim, staring at Kyungsoo who jumps at your sudden raise of voice so that he drops the spatula on the floor.

“Well-Eh….Yes. I’m sorry! I’ll never do it again!” He quickly says as he hurriedly picks up the spatula.

“No, no, no!” You exclaim and try to stop him from throwing the almost finished omelet in the trash can. “There’s nothing wrong with what you’re doing, I’m just surprised – I don’t think that a frying pan has been used in this kitchen ever since the first week I moved here.” You state with an awkward chuckle.  

“Do I smell food?” A deep voice suddenly comes inside the kitchen booming so that both you and Kyungsoo jump slightly.    

“Good morning Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo mutters and return to his cooking. 

“Morning.” Chanyeol just stands there, beaming at you. “You let me sleep in your bed after all…” he says as he raises his eyebrows quickly up and down a few times. 

You sigh and shake your head slightly. “First and last time ever.” You state.

“Wait, wait, wait.” Sehun all of a sudden pipes up. “I though you said no one could sleep in your bed?”   

You shrug slightly. “He didn’t listen. BUT – that does NOT mean I’ll be okay with it again.” You say as you assist Kyungsoo with his cooking by handing him the ingredients he needs for omelet number 2. 

“You slept in the bed with her?” Baekhyun asks as arrives inside the kitchen together with Suho and Kris.   

Chanyeol nods proudly and Baekhyun high-fives him.

“You might be aliens but you don’t seem that different from human boys.” You roll your eyes as you carefully crack an egg against the edge of the pan.   

“I assume this is for me.” Kris states rather than asks as he grabs the plate with the already finished omelet. 

“Hey!” Kyungsoo stops him. “That’s for Julia.” He furrows his eyebrows at the leader.

Kris glances over at you before shifting his eyes to the floor. “Here. Take it.” He reaches you the plate without looking at you and you awkwardly take it. “Thanks…” you walk over to the small, round white table where no more than four people fit and Baekhyun hurriedly skips over to the stove to grab the newly finished omelet but Kris stops him.  

“Don’t you at least think that is mine?” He says, nodding towards the plate.    

Baekhyun quickly lifts his hand and mimics the buing buing motion that Tao did yesterday, to convince Kris to give him the plate.    

“I don’t think so.” Kris says with a major poker face and grabs the plate before walking over to the kitchen bench right by the window and starts to eat the omelet with his hands.  

You glance at him. Why didn’t he just sit down by the table none of the seats were taken, except for the one I’m currently sitting at? Just as you thought that thought, Luhan walks inside the room, sitting down on the chair next to you as Baekhyun sits on the chair across from you.  

“Good morning.” Luhan smiles with his adorable morning face as he rubs his eye, which literally makes him look like a 4 year old kid.    

“Oh, that’s right, the newspaper.” You sigh as you get up to go get the paper downstairs.

Luhan clears his throat next to you before lifting his fingers in the air. You just look at him weirdly until the newspaper all of a sudden comes flying inside the room.     

“Oh, that’s right…” you mumble as you sit down, Luhan landing the magazine right next to your plate of omelet.       

“You’re welcome.” Luhan smiles proudly before turning to Sehun. The younger boy sits down in Luhan’s lap as now also the last chair has been filled up by Chanyeol who’s leaning over the table, stuffing his face full of his breakfast, as if he’s afraid someone would steal it away from him.

All of a sudden, he freezes mid-air and you stare at him. Tao comes walking up to the frozen boy and grabs his plate that still has more than half of its omelet left and walks up next to Kris. He notices you looking at him judgingly. “What? I’m hungry.” He shrugs simply.        

You give him a look. “Don’t you at least think you could unfreeze him?” you ask with a raised eyebrow.

“Fine, but you should be proud over me, I’ve tried to do that trick like a billion times but it has never worked before.” Tao says in a manner that would have been complete if he only had hair long enough to flick with. 

“Alright, congratulations.” You applaud slightly and Tao smiles cutely as he snaps his fingers. 

“Hey! Where did my food go?!” Chanyeol exclaims angrily as he gets unfrozen.    

“Here it is.” Kyungsoo sighs as he puts a new plate in front of Chanyeol. “I don’t understand why you’re fighting over the food, everyone will get their breakfast.” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes as he returns to the stove. 

“You remind me so much of my mother right now.” You chuckle at Kyungsoo. He turns to you and suddenly looks slightly insecure. “Is that a good thing…or a bad thing…?” he asks carefully.

“Depends.” You raise your eyebrow. “Do you think it’s positive to get compared to a 50 year old woman?” you ask.     

Kyungsoo just looks at the floor before returning to his cooking.  

“Morning Baozi!” Luhan exclaims as Xiumin walks inside the kitchen with Chen behind him. “Slept well?”  

“Never slept better.” Xiumin smiles happily and reaches his arms above his head to stretch them.

“And you, whatever your name is?” Luhan asks Chen with raised eyebrows.   

“It’s Chen. And I’ve slept just fine – until someone woke us up.” He complains as he walks over to Kyungsoo.  

“Here – food.” Kyungsoo just says and pushes the just finished omelet in to Chen’s arms.

“Ooooh!” he exclaims excitedly and quickly starts eating.    

You look around the room with a smile. I can’t remember the last time it was this much life in my apartment – oh, right - probably because it never happened. You finish your plate and get up to give place for someone else as you decide to start with the dishes.      

“So, what exactly are you guys going to do?” you ask as you fill the sink with hot water.

“Well… I guess we’ll do whatever you want us to do – and that includes listening to what she says.” Suho says the last part towards Chanyeol who just starts to chuckle.  

“Really? Sounds good…” you mumble. Maybe I can get them to do my homework…? You shake your head – Nah, probably not the best idea. “Maybe, some of you should go out and buy another set of mattresses.” You suggest as Chanyeol happily reach you his plate so you can clean it.       

“Why not another bed?” Chen suggests.

“And where would we put that?” you ask him with raised eyebrows. 

“I don’t know, you’re the human, you figure it out…” he mumbles before walking out of the kitchen.

“We can do that, right?” Tao asks, looking up at Kris. “Buy a mattress.” He smiles.

“Ehh…Sure.” Kris nods.     

“Perfect.” You smile. Then you glance at their clothes. “I hope you have other clothes.” You state.

“Of course, these are just our mission pajamas. We all got two casual – according to me – weird human outfits to wear here.” Xiumin explains right as Kyungsoo puts a plate in front of him.

“Good, you go change and then you can go buy another mattress, so no one needs to sleep in my bed.” You say as you turn of the water.      

-----------------------------------

So you guys, if you feel like leaving a comment please do so. I want to know what you think and if you for example want someone to appear more. I know the Dancing Machines weren’t in this chapter at all, but don’t worry, they'll get their time ^^

Some gifs for y’all: 

tumblr_mgxlso3CYu1s24bsio1_500.gif

lol, look at Lay xD

 

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Haha, that last one is my favorite ^-~