Chapter 41: Suho & Kai

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

“Suho!” you exclaimed happily as he stepped inside the magical room.

“I can see you’ve gotten happier.” he smiled as charmingly as he always did and you returned it, probably not looking even half as charming…

“What would you like to do?” you asked, expecting Suho to tell you you could decide.

“Actually, I’d like you to come with me.” Suho took a hold of your hand and started gently pulling you along. You were leaving the building you had been in ever since you arrived on EXO just a few hours ago.   

“Uhm… Suho, are you sure we’re allowed to leave?” you asked, looking at it over your shoulder.

“Positive, I’ve spoken to the bosses about it.” he nodded with a calm smile.

“Okay… But I thought anything could appear inside that room, so why couldn’t we just stay there?” you questioned.

“You see, I’d like you to meet my family. I’ve met yours and so don’t you think it’s your turn to meet mine?” Suho asked, one of his eyebrows cutely cocked as he smiled.

You raised your eyebrows in surprise. “Wow, really? I’m not prepared for that…” you mumbled. You had never met the parents of a boyfriend or soul mate or anything like that and you wouldn’t say you were too good with adults in general.

“What? You don’t want to?”

“No, no! Of course I want to, I’m just nervous. Weren’t you nervous when you met my parents?” you asked.   

“Well, a little I guess, but you don’t have to worry, my parents are pretty cool.”

-----

“Suho?! SUHO!!” was all the woman that opened the door exclaimed before she threw her arms around Suho.    

“Mom, mo-“

“You’re back!” she exclaimed before turning and calling inside the house. “HE’S BACK! SUHO’S BACK!” not two seconds passed before a man in his early fifties and a young man, probably a few years older that Suho appeared. The two of them stared between you and Suho before hugging Suho. 

“Mom, dad, brother… This is Julia, my soul mate.” Suho introduced, gesturing towards you.

“Oh my, is this really her? She’s so beautiful!” Suho’s mother exclaimed before pulling you in for a bone crushing hug. “I’m sorry, I’m just so happy!”

“No, it’s fine.” you smiled at Suho’s mother’s flushed but clearly happy face before greeting his dad and brother as well.

----

“What are you doing back?” Suho’s mother asked as a plate of something that looked half creepy, half edible flew inside the room and landed on the table you were all seated at.

“We’re all back here on EXO and well… I figured Julia would like to meet you guys.” Suho explained, avoiding to tell everyone that there was only one chance in 12 that he’d actually be the one you’d stay with.

“It must be exhausting to have so many soul mates.” Suho’s brother spoke up, smiling slightly at you.

You shrugged slightly. “I’m slowly getting used to it.” you chuckled at first, but then you realized you’d never actually get the chance to get used to it completely and stopped smiling.

“Well, I hope my son doesn’t give you any trouble. Suho, you help her right?” Suho’s dad said, furrowing his eyebrows at his son.

“I do my best.” Suho chuckled in response.

“Julia, please eat! We’ve got tons!” Suho’s mother exclaimed, gesturing for the…things…on the plate.

You tried to avoid looking scared as you reached for one and then carefully biting in to it. It was almost like a bread, but yet…creamy? Either way, it was DELICIOUS! “Wow, this is amazing!”

 

Half an hour later, you and Suho were leaving his house, you carrying a basket filled with ‘Crusps’ as his mother had called them.

“I think you’ll have enough of those for a while now. And when you’re all out, I’ll make sure my mother sends you some more.” Suho smiled as he guided you back to the main office.

“Sounds good.” you smiled.

“So… Did you like them?” Suho asked, raising his eyebrows.

You nodded. “They were so sweet! So nice and welcoming. Don’t they mind that I’m a human?” you asked.

“No, not at all. First of all, it’s not something that matters to EXO aliens and it’s actually considered quite ‘nice’ for an EXO alien to marry a human. Since it’s so exclusive.” Suho explained.

-----------------

“Are you ready?” Kai exclaimed, almost scaring the crap out of you as he suddenly appeared behind you.

“Ready for what?” you asked, hand over your heart to calm yourself.

“For me. Let me guess, you want to dance with me? Just tell me, I know it. You want me to dance for you.” Kai blabbered and you felt happily surprised with this new, enthusiastic side of Kai.

“Do you want to dance, Kai?” you asked, smiling.

“Well, if you want to.” Kai mumbled, rolling his eyes slightly.

“Sure, it’ll be fun. Just go easy with me, I’m still full from Suho’s mom’s Crusps.” you explained as you got up from the chair you had been sitting in and stood in front of Kai.

“You met Suho’s mom?” he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Yeah.” you shrugged.

Kai stayed quiet as a huge mirror appeared, covering one of the walls, and music started to play.

“What kind of dance will you show me?” you asked, trying to change the subject.

“Whatever you want.” Kai smiled.

“Then show me some ballet.” You suggested. According to the smile on Kai’s face, you understood you had suggested the correct thing.

“Okay, ballet is not something simple that you can just ‘learn’.” Kai explained as he suddenly turned serious. “First of all, posture is key.” Kai began as he helped you stand correctly. “Stretch you back.”

It didn’t take many minutes for you realize Kai didn’t cookie cut it when it came to dancing, and certainly not ballet.

“Come on, POSTURE, Julia!” he barked as you felt your muscles going extremely sore and your stomach aching from all the Crusps you had eaten.

“Kai, please…” he didn’t seem to even hear you. “Julia, I said POSTURE! Come on, I’ve showed you this eight times now, it’s sooo basic!” he kept going.

“KAI!” you yelled out at last and he finally stopped. He looked at you as if he had returned back to the normal him again.

“What..?”

“You’re being horrible. I wanted to spend time with you, not realize I’ve got no muscles and that I ate far too many of those Crusps for it to be healthy. And that you’re cruel when you teach ballet.” you breathed as you fanned your red face with your hands.  

“…I’m sorry.” Kai looked guilty as he diverted his eyes to the floor. “I guess I got carried away.”

“A little…” you mumbled as you smiled. “I’ll forgive you if you hug me.” you stated, hoping to cheer him up again.

“…But you’re sweaty.”

You just glared at Kai. How dare he…

“But we could shower together, I mean, that would certainly be spending time together.” Kai suddenly smirked.

“Oh gee, you’re worse than Baekhyun…” you face palmed yourself.

“Is that an insult..?”

“Whatever Kai, I’m not showering with you.” You shook your head.

“But you should shower since you’ve still got a couple of ‘dates’ left.” Kai stated.

“Naah… I’m not that sweaty.” you denied.

“Oh, right…” Kai raised an eyebrow.

“I’m a lady, I don’t sweat. I glow…” you mumbled and Kai just chuckled.

“I’m sorry, okay?” he smiled slightly as he finally pulled you in for a hug.

“You smell way worse than me.” you mumbled in to his chest which caused him to push you away.

“Shut it…” he mumbled in denial.

------------------------

Has it been a year?! No, but almost a month… So sorry you guys but school… *le cry face* And this wasn’t even a very interesting chapter. But there’s only Chanyeol, Chen and Lay to go now… DUN DUN DUUUUUN