Chapter 19: So close

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

”Put your shirt back on!” you hissed and threw Baekhyun his black T-shirt.

“What?” Baekhyun asked as you tried to cover his exposed chest with the two shirts.

“You don’t try on shirts or any other clothes in the middle of the store!” you exclaimed quietly and quickly pushed him towards one of the changing rooms. You turned around with a sigh of relief, but right then, you saw the next problem.

“What are you guys doing here?” you asked with another sigh – this time not a relieved one – as you crossed your arms over your chest.  

“Well hello to you to.” Chen mumbled sarcastically as Chanyeol and Sehun looked around the store with amazed smiles. 

“I thought you guys would stay home and take care of Lay.” you said as you ignored Chen and his constant smart remarks.   

“Please, Lay won’t get any better if the three of us sit around in the apartment. We can’t do anything to help him. Suho and the other guys are there anyway.” Chen said with a bored tone, glancing around the store, not even pretending to be impressed.   

“Does Suho know you’re here?” you asked, suspiciously.

“No? Why would he? He’s not our boss.” Chen stated, putting his hands in the pockets of his black jeans. 

“No, but I am.” Kris said as he turned up behind the newcomers (although Chanyeol and Sehun had run off and were currently getting customers to stare at the two tall boys, acting extremely impressed by some belts).

Chen turned around, looking a bit uneasy. “Oh, hi Kris…”

“Howdy…” Kris mumbled back. “Are we done here?” he then asked you.

Before you had the time to answer, Chanyeol appeared next to you with his typical manic smile. “This is AMAZING!” he exclaimed, waiving a turtleneck in each hand as Baekhyun returned from the changing room saying “I’m gonna buy this.”   

After another 10 minutes, Baekhyun had finally paid and you and Kris had been able to pull Sehun and Chanyeol out of the store, promising it there would be many more to see. 

By now you were super tired of shopping and had parked your but on a bench in the middle of the mall. You were listening to Hero Jaejoong’s ‘Mine’ screaming in your headphones and your mind was somewhere else.   

“Julia?”

You looked up, quickly pulling one of the headphones out of your ear, stretching your back as you had been sitting like a proper sack of potatoes before. 

“Taemin!” you exclaimed.

“I haven’t seen you in a while.” Taemin stated with a smile. Yeah not sense… “Can I sit down?” he asked, still with his adorable smile that could make any human melt.  

“Oh! Sure! You sit.” You smiled, lifting Tao’s and Baekhyun’s bags that you had been left watching, making room for the number 1 hottie of campus.    

“What have you bought?” Taemin asked with curiosity and looked down in one of the bags. “Isn’t this a guy T-shirt?” he asked, tilting his head in confusion as he lifted Baekhyun’s newly bought shirt out of the bag.      

“Ehh...Yes it is.” You answered.   

“Why would you buy a guy shirt? You don’t look big enough to fit it…” Taemin said, eyeing you.

“Eh… Well, it’s not for me…” You said, hoping he’d drop the subject.

“Oh… You’ve gotten a boyfriend, huh? I heard from Kibum that he had seen you with two guys at some restaurant.” Taemin nodded, eyes somewhere else.

You widened your eyes slightly. Kibum – Taemin’s friend- must have seen you when you were at that Chinese restaurant with Baekhyun and Lay the other week. But why did Taemin look so disappointed? Was he sad over the thought to have lost his chance with you? But why would he be that…? As Taemin looked at you, obviously expecting a reply you came back from your thoughts to reality.

“No, no! I’ve not got a boyfriend.” You explained with a smile. Just 12 soul mates… “It was just some relatives. They’re my cousins and second cousins and such.” you lied.       

“Okay, well that explains it.” Taemin smiled again witch made your heart beat a little extra fast. “If that’s the case, I was wondering if you’d like to go on a new date with me. Since the last one wasn’t that successful.” Taemin smiled.

Half way through the sentence you never thought you would get to hear, your eyes accidently drifted of as you saw 3 of the aliens you had been ‘shopping’ with not too long ago enter a Victoria’s Secret store. 

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” You muttered under your breath. You hadn’t even heard what Taemin had suggested.  

“You don’t want to?” Taemin asked. You swallowed. Every muscle in your body wanted to stay here on this bench with Taemin but you also felt that you had to stop the aliens. What the heck were they doing in a store that was full of girl lingerie?

“I’m sorry Taemin. I’ve got to go. It’s a… Family emergency.” You smiled apologetically and hurried off with the bags but leaving Taemin behind.       

It took you a few minutes to find the aliens once you were inside the store, but soon you heard Chanyeol’s laughter (everyone in the store heard that) and found him, Sehun and Chen.

Sehun had put a pink leopard printed bra on his head and Chanyeol a pair of light pink lace on his. They were both laughing but when they spotted you they stopped. Chanyeol threw the away, smiling at you innocently but Sehun kept the bra on his head and walked up to you.

“Don’t I look good, Julia?” He asked, smiling.   

“No you look like a styled fly, now come on.” You muttered as you took the underwear of from his head and hung it back where it belonged. 

“I tried to stop them, I really did.” Chen said.   

“Yeah, right. Knowing you, the closest to a ‘try’ you ever came was a monotone ‘Don’t do that’.” You muttered, pulling the boys with you out of the store. You were trying to see if Taemin was still sitting on the bench but some people got in the way. You looked up and met eyes with Kris. 

“Are you guys done?” Baekhyun asked, looking extremely short next to Tao and Kris. You tried to see past them to spot Taemin, but the bench where the two of you had been sitting was now occupied by a mom and two small girls.     

“What are you looking at?” Chanyeol asked, trying to see what you tried to see. “Nothing…” you muttered with a sigh. “Can we just go home?” you asked.  

“No, not yet.” Tao stated. “You haven’t even been gone from the apartment for 2 hours. Let’s go out to eat!” he exclaimed and hooked his arm with yours as he dragged you to the floor of the mall that had the most restaurants and cafés.

----

“There’s even more of them?!” Zelo exclaimed, staring at the girl that was pulled by an alien they hadn’t seen before as another 5 aliens followed behind.     

“Shhh!” Himchan hushed him from their hide out. “You want to get caught?”

“How many have we seen now?” Youngjae asked, eyeing you where you were standing, watching a menu. 

“We have seen two of those before. That one’s the one that can fly.” Youngguk pointed at Kris.

“So there’s at least 7 aliens from EXO here?” Jong Up asked. “Probably more.” Youngjae shrugged.

The six of them were sitting around a small fountain in the middle of the mall, pretending to either read a magazine or play games on their phones, while spying on you and your aliens. 

“What do we do, leader?” Zelo asked, looking at Youngguk.   

“We can’t just sit back and don’t do anything about this.” Daehyun said.     

“Would you trust me? I’m your leader after all. If I need your advice on how to go about with something, I’ll ask you.” Youngguk snarled. The other quieted down, focusing on their fake activities for a few minutes.    

“We better go.” Youngguk said. “We don’t want to get seen by them.” He got up, followed by the other five.

As they left the mall through the doors, Zelo looked back at your ‘gang’ and accidently got eye contact with one of the aliens.