Chapter 35: Back to EXO?

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

 

They were all there. All 12 them. You noticed all 12 pair of eyes quickly focused on your and Taemin’s hands that were locked together. You quickly tried to pull away but Taemin held the grip firmly. You gave him a questioning look but left your hand in his.   

“You said you didn’t…Want to go shopping.” Tao stated slowly, hurt written all over. “I thought you were too busy.” He stated before directing his eyes towards the ground. You opened your mouth to answer but before you had a chance to do so, Xiumin spoke. “And you’re eating ice cream with him too. I can’t even remember when you last wanted to do that with me…” he said. 

You glanced at Taemin, worried how he’d react to all of this, but he didn’t look very surprised at all.

“I think you should come with us home, Julia.” Kris stated with his eyes on Taemin. You were just about to say something but Taemin beat you to it. “Excuse me? We’re on a date, if you can’t see it.” He said – politely but determined. Kris raised an eyebrow at him. Did this little earthling really think he could stand in the way?  

Kai strolled up to Taemin and stopped just a few cm away. He was slightly taller than your ‘date’ but Taemin didn’t back away. In fact, he didn’t even look the slightest bit intimidated.

“What are you saying?” Kai asked Taemin, narrowing his eyes at him.

“Kai, stop it-“ you pushed on his arm with your elbow but he just shrugged away.

“I’m saying we’re on a date. Me and Julia.” Taemin stated again, just as confident, looking at Kai.

“And I’m telling you to back off-“ Kai gripped onto Taemin’s collar but that’s when you had enough. “Kai.” You said sternly, gripping his elbow with your now free hand as you had let go of Taemin. You pulled Kai away from Taemin, who simply fixed his shirt, the two of them still throwing each other evil looks.

“What’s the matter with you?!” you hissed as you had pushed Kai all the way back to the rest of the aliens. “With me?! I should ask you the same thing!” Kai exclaimed loudly, causing a few people to stare at you. “Just go home.” You said, sighing as you shook your head. Kai looked at you as if he couldn’t believe what you just said. Then he harshly snapped out of your grip and marched away.

“Julia…” Suho started, looking at you. You waited for him to continue but he didn’t. He just glanced over your shoulder at Taemin and then sighed before following Kai together with most of the others.

“Julia, you’re coming with us right now.” Kris said, reaching for you but you jumped away. “No.” you stated. “Don’t try and boss around.” You furrowed your eyebrows at Kris and then looked at Suho’s and the other’s backs as they excited the mall. “Stop it Julia. Come here.” Kris grabbed your hand but just then two guards appeared, both of them eyeing Kris.

“Is there a problem?” one of them asked you. You shook your head. “No sir.” You assured. “Go!” you then hissed at Kris. He glanced between you and the two guards. “Fine.” He said at last but before turning around and walking away, he gave you one last hurtful glance.   

You looked after him briefly before turning back to Taemin. “I’m sorry about that.” You said, pulling a hand through your hair.

“It’s not your fault.” Taemin smiled. “Come on, let’s go to the park.” He said and put his arm around your shoulders. You expected yourself to feel a shot of electricity down your spine because of it but didn’t think more about it when you didn’t.

--------

It had already slowly started to grow dark outside as you a few hours later still walked around a nearby park.
You were enjoying your time with Taemin but you couldn’t focus your attention 100% on him as the aliens’ disappointed faces kept popping up in your head.

Taemin had just offered to walk you to your house which you accepted and the two of you were slowly walking through the beautiful city.

Taemin still hadn’t brought up the aliens – who he thought were normal human beings – and it surprised you. If the situation had been reversed, you’d be quite curious.

Suddenly, as Taemin was talking about all the exams he had done, a streetlight flickered oddly but you just ignored it. Taemin on the other hand stopped dead in his tracks. “Ehh…” he mumbled. “What is it?” you asked with slightly furrowed eyebrows. “Wait, I need to tie my shoelaces.” Taemin quickly exclaimed as he dived down to the ground and started fixing with his shoes.

“But Taemin, they’re already tied…” you said slowly but couldn’t make it any further before the streetlight above you flickered again, and this time it didn’t stop. It kept flickering and the light grew stronger and stronger. Taemin stood up. While you had a face of utter confusion, Taemin looked completely calm, as if the streetlight’s behavior wasn’t anything besides the ordinary.

“Okay, take my hand.” Taemin said, reaching you his hand. “What?” you asked. Taemin didn’t bother to try and explain. Instead he grabbed your hand in his before the growing light from the streetlight seemed to swallow the two of you.     

 

----------------------

“What is she doing with that guy?” Luhan asked as he kept glancing out the window, hoping to spot you soon.

“And most importantly, when is she planning to come home?” Chen muttered. He wasn’t one to worry over nothing but he had an uneasy feeling when it came to this Taemin guy. Besides, he was out to steal away their Julia.

“Why even bother? She obviously has way more interest in that dude than she has for anyone of us.” Kai grumpily stated from where he sat on the couch.

“I know it was…Hurtful to see her choose him over us, but we have to stay by her side no matter what. That was the deal.” Suho stated from next to Kai.

“So when she marries this guy, we’re gonna be what, the bridesmaids?” Baekhyun asked, furrowing his eyebrows. Suho shook his head. “Remember, she doesn’t have a soul mate here on earth. That’s why we’re here.” Suho shrugged.

“So why did we let her stay with that guy? We’re just holding him back from his true soul mate.” Lay asked.

“That’s what I wonder too. We should have freaking ripped him apart.” Chanyeol muttered as he aggressively ‘read’ a magazine you had left on the living room table.

“Calm down Chanyeol.” Was all Kris responded to that.

“Oh, like you didn’t want to do the same thing.” Chanyeol mumbled back but Kris just ignored him.

The group of aliens all stayed quiet for a while. They were all bummed out because of your absence. Even if some of them might feel stronger for you than others, none of them could deny you had become important to them. And seeing you stay with Taemin rather than going with them made them all feel hurt.

The silence was interrupted as Kris’ ‘phone’ started ringing. He looked around at the others to see if it was any of them who called him, but they all looked just as questioning. Kris reached for it and answered. “Hello?” 

“Kris, it’s the Boss # 1.” Kris widened his eyes.  “H-hello sir.” he said.

 “You need to come home to EXO. All 12 of you. Now.”  The Boss stated.