Chapter 43: Chanyeol & Lay

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

 

“Hi Chanyeol.” you smiled as the tall alien stepped inside the room. He did look worried, just like how Chen had told you, when he walked up to you and hesitated for a tiny second before engulfing you in his long arms and pulling you to his chest.

“I can’t do this.” he whispered in to your hair. You swallowed. Big, manly Chanyeol all of a sudden seemed so weak in your arms and you felt as though the nicest thing right now, would be to just sit down an hug him for 45 minutes straight. Either Chanyeol had thought the same thing, or the room could read your thoughts as well, because a big, comfy looking couch appeared right beside you.

“Sit down, Yeol.” you whispered back and he practically collapsed, dragging you with him. You put your arms properly around his broad shoulders while letting your head rest on top of his. Chanyeol had his face buried in the crook between your throat and shoulder and every now and then, you could hear him sniffle.

The two of you sat like that for at least 15 minutes, without exchanging a single word. At last, Chanyeol let go of you and sat up. His eyes weren’t red and his cheeks missed any traces of tears running down them, and all of a sudden you wondered if he had cried at all.

“I’m sorry.” he said. You smiled at him, trying to look supportive. “I don’t blame you, whatever it is that you’re apologizing for.” you assured him while patting his hair. Chanyeol just stared out in the middle of nowhere.

“I can’t believe this is happening.” he said, voice toneless.

“Me neither.” you nodded in agreement. It felt as though you at some point almost had gotten immune to it all, and now you didn’t even think about your decision.

“It’s all so unfair, you shouldn’t have to go through this.”

“It’s okay, Yeol. I’ll be fine.” you made another promise as you stretched your legs to lay over Chanyeol’s. “We’ll be fine.” you said, smiling at Chanyeol, your eyes sincere.

“You’re brave. I mean, you never chose this, you never asked for it.” Chanyeol started ranting.

“Neither did you guys.” you answered quickly. You didn’t feel the need to be pointed out as the only victim in this situation. To quote High School Musical – you were all in this together.

“Well, I guess…” Chanyeol nodded slowly, still looking like a sad puppy.

“Geez, Yeollie! You’re making me all depressed.” you exclaimed, slightly feeling your tears getting ready to fall.

“Aish!” Chanyeol exclaimed back. Then he stopped to really look at you. “Have you decided?”

You shook your head. “No. But I think I’m getting closer to a decision.” you announced and Chanyeol visibly tensed.

“Do I wanna know?” he asked, worried plastered on his face.

“Either way, I’m not telling you. No spoilers.” you smiled, tilting your head.

Chanyeol stayed quiet for a bit before talking again. “Is it okay if we just talk? I don’t have anything planned, I feel… just exhausted.” he confessed, ruffling his own hair.

“Absolutely, my schedule’s been tight today.” you joked. Chanyeol rolled his eyes but smiled when you did. “Come here.” he gestured for you to move closer and you did. Leaning your head against his chest as he once again circled his arms around you, and placed his chin on your shoulder.

“Remember all the things we’ve done during the time on earth? It’s been quite a while.” he said and you could hear his smile.

“Oh, the karaoke!” you exclaimed, face palming yourself.

“I want to do that again.” Chanyeol smiled and you nodded in agreement. “And remember that time you and Baekhyun dressed as girls?!” you exclaimed, rising to turn and look at Chanyeol.

“No… I like to pretend it never happened.” Chanyeol mumbled, avoiding you gaze.

“It was when you were just new and I just couldn’t believe it all. I thought I had dreamt it.”

“Oh, you did, you did.” Chanyeol tried to fool you and you just laughed. “Don’t be ashamed, you looked good as a girl!”

“I know.” Chanyeol stated, pretending to flip his hair.

“Oh gee~ that time when Xiumin disappeared and we found him, drunk on that bar.” you sighed at the memory. “That was the first time we met an alien from B.A.P.”

“Don’t remind me. I’ve never been as worried as when they kidnapped you.” Chanyeol shook his head. “I don’t care they turned out to be good guys or whatever, I’ll never trust those fellows.”

“Get over it Yeollie, or at least don’t think about it.” you said as you reached up to pat his hair again.

You stayed like that for the rest of your time. Chanyeol kept his arms locked around your waist, clearly not wanting to let you go, as the two of you kept thinking back at all the good, and dramatic, times.

In the middle of it all, Lay carefully stuck his head inside the room. “Ehm… Hey… It’s my time now.” he said carefully while scratching the back of his head.

“Right.” Chanyeol swallowed as he unwillingly let go of you. “See you later.” He said to the both of you before leaving the room.

“So… You’re last.” you stated as you met Lay’s eyes.

“I guess I am.” Lay nodded. You tried to suppress a yawn, but failed. “You’re tired, huh?” Lay asked, placing his hands in the back pockets of his jeans. You nodded, not denying it. “It’s been a long day. But don’t worry, I’m here and ready to spend the last 45 minutes with my little unicorn.” you smiled.

“We can do something calm if you’d like.” Lay assured you. “How ‘bout some guitar playing by the fire.” he suggested.

“Really?” you widened your eyes. That would be lovely. “You know how to play guitar?” you asked.

Lay nodded. “Yes, I do.” And just like that, the room wasn’t a room anymore, but instead a deserted beach in the night with small fire burning and a small bench in front of. You sat down next to each other and Lay picked up a guitar you hadn’t seen. He cleared his throat. “What would you like to hear?” he asked.

You shrugged. “Anything really. Anything you’d like to play.”

“Okay.” Lay stopped to think for a moment before clearing his throat again and starting to play. You closed your eyes and just enjoyed the sound of the guitar and Lay’s beautiful voice that soon tuned in with the music and you recognized the song as ‘Chasing Cars’. It had been a while since you last heard the song, but as Lay played it, you realized how perfect the song was for him.
   You rested your head on Lay’s shoulder as he kept playing and singing and it was just the perfect end to a long but good day.