Chapter 1: Arriving on Planet Earth

My Twelve Knights in Shining Armour

”Do you know why we’re called here?” Xiumin asks his friend Luhan as they together with some other aliens enter one of the headquarters.

Luhan shrugs. “I have no idea.”   

They all enter a big conference room where four of the main bosses are seated by the end of a long table. By their side, the tall nephew of Boss#3 stands, looking important as ever. 

“Boys…” Boss#1 greets them. “Please, have a seat.”

Slowly the 11 aliens sit down around the table, taking glances at both each other and the bosses.

“You probably wonder why you’re here…” Boss#1 says as he folds his hands on the table in front of him. No one dares to answer him so he just continues speaking. “You see, as you all know, you’re back up aliens.”   

A couple of them nod, curious of where this was going. “You all also know none of you have been needed for the past 12 years.” Boss#1 state, looking at all of them. Yet again some nods.

“This year, there were finally a lonely soul on planet Earth and of course, we had prepared an alien for her. The only problem was that this alien could not leave, now, I’m not gonna bore you with the details of why, but he couldn’t leave. And now you all wonder, ‘So what does this have to do with us?’ and I’m gonna tell you, it has everything to do with you.” Boss#1 gets up from his chair and starts to slowly walk around the table, making each alien slightly uncomfortable when he’s behind their back.  

“Since this alien could not leave, we don’t have anyone to send this girl, and I suppose you all know very well just HOW important the ideal mate is for the human. Without the perfect soul mate, our project with the humans will be useless.” Boss#1 explains as he keeps walking around the room.

~~~

“ARRGHH!!” you exclaimed the second you’ve shut the door to your apartment. You slide down to the floor with your back against the door and hide your face in your hands. “That was the most worst date EVER!” you exclaim and blush at the mare though of the night.      

Your friends had set you up with one of the most popular guys at campus, Lee Taemin, and you had messed up the date completely. First of all, the both of you had been awkward and quiet with each other and then he had started asking you about your life back in Korea, since he was also from there. You had accidently poured out a secret about when you threw up in the janitor closet on you old school, clearly making Taemin loose his appetite. Then, when you had gotten a text and were about to grab your phone, you knocked your glass of Fanta out all over Taemin’s food and…his pants…     

You sobbed quietly to yourself as you kicked of your shoes and got up to find something to eat, since you hadn’t even been able to finish half of your meal before Taemin had to leave because of the Fanta on his pants.      

~~~

“So… If I’ve gotten this right…” Luhan began “We’re all going to Earth together to be the soul mates of ONE girl?” he asks and holds up one finger to represent the girl. 

“Yep.” Boss#1 nods. 

“But… I thought the humans only needed one soul mate?” Xiumin asked with a confused expression.

“Well, this is just until we’ve solved this problem… fully.” Boss#1 says “Now hurry and pack your belongings, the ship will leave in two hours.” He hurries to say before any of the aliens can ask any more questions.  

Kris is about to leave the room with the rest of the aliens when Boss#1 stops him. “Kris, remember, in the end this girl can only have one of you so she has to make a choice, but until then, you’ll all be serving as her soul mates.”    

“Yes sir.” Kris nods.  

“And also, don’t tell the rest of them, I don’t want there to be any competition feels among you.” Boss#1 says. 

“Of course not sir.” Kris nods again before bowing slightly to all four of the bosses, including his uncle, and then leaves to pack his belongings.      

-----------

“Waaaaah!” Sehun exclaims and presses his palms against the glass window as their ship takes a landing on the EXO base that’s placed on earth.   

“So this is the Earth, huh?” Baekhyun asks as he unbuckles his seatbelt.

“Is this the planet there’s so much fuzz about? There’s nothing to it.” Chanyeol says with a disappointed shrug.  

“Kris, how do we find the girl we’re supposed to be with?” Suho asks Kris, who sits next to the pilot in the front of the ship. “Don’t worry, that’s easy. She’s located not far from here and we’ll arrive at her residence in about five minutes, if everyone is ready.” 

~~~

“Pizza, pizza, pizza~” you sing as you take out a ‘warm-in-the-oven’ pizza –your third this weak-. No matter what has happened, you can count on pizza to always make you feel better. 

As you’re about to open the box, a weird light fills your kitchen and an odd sound can be heard from outside. “What the…” you walk up to the window and look outside. There’s nothing there, except for a lonely playground, forgotten this time of the year. You tell yourself it was just your imagination as you continue trying to open the pizza box.   

“Damn it…” you mutter and turn around to go get a scissor but you stop in your tracks, all the blood in your body freezing.  

In your living room, about 10 handsome guys in weird clothes stand, all looking like models. But you don’t care how good looking they may be, they were sure as heck not welcome in your living room.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” you scream and throw your pizza box, almost hitting the head of one of the intruders.

You pick up the object closest to you, which happen to be your science book, and throw it towards one of the tallest dudes, but before it hits him, he reaches his hand out and a flame appears from his finger, shooting towards the book and making it burn in to ash mid-air.         

You stop in your tracks about to throw your math book at them, with your mouth and eyes shaped like ‘o’s.     

“I think you scared her Chanyeol.” one of them says, being the first one among them to talk.

You just stand there, completely frozen, staring at all of them.     

Suho glances at the other aliens and everyone are just standing still, so he decides to take the responsibility here.    

Slowly and very carefully, he walks up to you, stopping a little piece away. “I’m sorry, if we scared you. We didn’t mean to.” As you still don’t move a single muscle, Suho continues. “We’re not evil or anything, we’re here to save you.” He says with a small smile on his lips.    

“Are you… from Harry Potter?” you ask, still standing completely still, but this time glancing up at Suho.  

Suho raises an eyebrow. “What…?”  

“Oh, I know that!” Baekhyun exclaims which makes you jump slightly. “It’s these really popular books and movies about a wizard and a bunch of evil stuff and snakes and I don’t know...” Baekhyun continues, scratching his head. “Anyways, we’re nothing like that. We’re way cooler.” He smirks and fold his arms over his chest.      

“What-What are you doing here?” You ask, eyes wide, staring at all of them.

“As I said, we’re here to help you. We come in peace.” Suho says carefully, his eyes not once leaving yours.

“What… is it that you’re gonna… Help me with? Math?” You ask slowly.

“Math? No, well we can help you with that as well if you want to, but we’re here to help you with something much more important.” Xiumin suddenly opens his mouth and explains. “Love.”

You furrow your eyebrows at these freaks. “You’re here to help me with love?”

“Yeah.” Xiumin shrugs with a smile.

“Wh-Why?” You ask. 

“It’s kind of a long story. Maybe you should sit down.” Suho says. 

“Or do you want to eat this first?” Baekhyun picks up the pizza box you threw at his head just a minute ago and waves it in the air with a smile. 

“Y-Yeah… Pizza first.” You say and slowly move towards the guy that is holding the box. You reach out your arm to try to reach it and Baekhyun does the same to be able to give it to you. 

Slowly, you back in to the kitchen and luckily manage to open the pizza without a scissor.

“Is it supposed to look like that?”   

You snap your head to the side to see the crazy one who burned your book looking between you and the pizza with curiosity. “N-No, it’s not warm yet…” You say and carefully try to back away from this maniac. 

“Oh, I can help you with that.” He takes the frozen pizza from you and holds it in one hand before a flame of fire appears in his other hand.

You stare at his hands in shock just as someone behind you screams “NOOO!” but it’s too late. Chanyeol had already put the flame to the pizza to warm it for you but got distracted by the scream behind you. His flame accidently caught your shirt, which of course causes you to scream.  

You can only feel the burning pain from the fire for a second before someone has slung their arm around your waist and then, all of a sudden, you’re all wet. It literally feels as if you just took a shower with your clothes on.    

“Chanyeol!” Someone barks at the guy with the flame as you slowly cough some water that had gotten in to your lungs.

“What the heck happened…?” You feel your head getting light, then heavy and then light again. Before you know it, everything in the room turns black.

------------------------------------------------

First chapter up! Hope you enjoy ^^

Here’s a little EXO gif spam for my lovely readers:

tumblr_mfrs9tl9gD1ra21vno1_500.gif

tumblr_mfrs9tl9gD1ra21vno4_500.gif

tumblr_mgk812i3Wo1ru25j4o1_500.gif

tumblr_mfpmpesZXt1s1asq0o1_500.gif