happiness

Blood Bond: Eclipse

My Heart - Paramore
 

I woke up to a familiar warmth and comfort, feeling the rays of the sun lightly dancing on my cheeks.

My eyelids battered a few times, my vision adjusting to the brightness and blur of the surroundings.

White, soft yellow and purples fabricated the environment while light green grass matted the ground. I suddenly remembered that I was in our meadow.

Groaning, I heaved myself up from whatever I was sleeping on, only to be gently pulled back down onto it. "Huh?"

A soft male chuckle mused, his voice as soothing as honey and lemon on a winter's day. "Stay," he said gently as he placed an arm over my back.

I rolled my eyes before inhaling his scent. "How long was I out for?" I mumbled in his chest.

"Hmm...about an hour or two."

I felt my body become stunned. "WHAT?!" I blurted, ramming my palms onto Lay's chest to push myself up over him.

He didn't seem overly shocked with my reaction; he was just the usual cool, calm, and collected Lay.

"You deserved it, though. You've been through way too much over the past few days for a human to handle, you know?"

I heaved a sigh. I guess that no normal human would be able to see so much death and destruction set out in around two days, shouldn't they? I was sure that no one would also see their partner become victim to some form of freakish illusion that they're in the greatest pain sufferable.

"...you're right...though, I still think that we should keep pushing forward with our plans that the Volturi told us about last week." I murmured.

Lay hummed before sitting up, bringing me with him. He brought his face close to mine so that the bridges of our noses were touching, our lips barely centimetres apart. "Do you mind calming down a little once in a while?" he breathed as he brought his hand up to cup my right cheek.

My breath became hitched within my throat. "Uh- I guess so."

"Good." Lay said before I felt his soft lips on mine.

I gasped in surprise, my heart leapt. It felt as if I hadn't kissed any of them for weeks. It was nice to remember how their lips felt like.

Unable to resist, I slid my arms around Lay's neck and began to kiss him back. I missed his kisses; they were always so gentle, soothing, and provided comfort for me.

Would married life be like this every day? With Lay, I wouldn't mind it one bit.

"I love you so much," he mumbled on my lips. No response was emitted from me as my heart couldn't take it the overwhelming flattery. My body was pulled closer to his, causing a soft moan to emit from my throat, adding to the frenzy my insides were in.

"Could it be possible to change me on time?" I breathed in between kisses.

That was when Lay halted, slowly pulling away. Slight disappointment filled my heart. I wanted to kiss him a little more because I missed him so much.

"I...I don't know. I'm sure that I won't be the one to change you."

More questions began to flood my mind. First and foremost, who would do the changing?

Would it be Chen, since he was the one who was trusted by Suho to out the venom from my body? Or could it be Kris or Suho, since they were the leaders and had the best control of their thirst?

"How sure are you that you want this?" Lay continued, his tone full of concern.

I looked into his topaz-gold eyes that were drowned in a mix of curiosity and worry, before shrugging my shoulders. "I don't know. As much as you want me to be your mate."

Lay sighed, disappointment dispersing from it. "Trust me, ________...being a vampire-it's not the life you want to live."

I rolled my eyes. He's being stubborn again...or was I the one being stubborn on him? "Yixing...I've chosen my life, and so has the Volturi. What other choice do we have?"

What other choice did I have? Let EXO or myself become vulnerable to be killed by Victoria? Not accepting the consequence of being the mate to a vampire? I wouldn't do any of that for the world.

"_________-ah, please," Lay retorted softly, "I understand that you're trying to make everyone happy, but have you realised that you're giving way too much already?"

I bit my lip. I didn't like being selfish. It sort of made me feel really guilty. "What? What are you talking about?"

"Do I have to explain myself again?"

That was when I decided to stop arguing with Lay, because I knew that it wasn't going to go anywhere. Instead, I decided to throw away my ego and answer his question.

"Yixing...I worry about you, and I can't help it, okay? I don't know about you, but if any of the guys got into a fight with a COLD newborn, let alone an army, wouldn't you start to be a little concerned? And with all those other nights that you and EXO decided to give up your study time, which is so precious in determining your final mark so you can get into university? Don't you think I can be concerned over that as well? Don't mention those times where you had to take shifts so you can hunt. All of that energy was wasted for protecting a useless human who can do absolutely nothing," I spat the last word through my teeth, clenching my fists, "And you ask me why I want to be like you."

Lay did not speak. He looked forward, his gaze staring at nothing; but I decided to continue.

"Can't you see? It's not about me and my desires to run with you and be as physically strong with you anymore. Yixing, I have seen death, gone through near-death experiences, almost got transformed into a Cold One, and felt the same pain as you...in your world. But I've also never felt stronger because...because it's become my world too."

I wanted to bash myself in because I felt so disgustingly cheesy. What the hell just happened to me? It was as if Lay could bring out a softer side to me.

A small smile began to form on Lay's lips. Oh great.

What the hell.

"Hey, come on, don't think I've had an epiphany and now I've become your angel, or something." I snarled.

Lay only let out a musical chuckle. "No way. It's just that it's kind of nice to see you worry over us. It kind of gives us a break from your snarkiness, you know?"

I scrunched my nose and pushed his shoulder. "Thanks." I replied sarcastically. "But you do know that I want to love you and bind myself to you in every way humanly possible..."

"But we're technically already married since we've all said our vows to you?"

I mentally gagged at the utterance of the word 'married'. "Yeah. Technically."

A bright laugh escaped Lay's lips. I guess he could tell how much I couldn't stand talking about this.

"Isn't it every girl's dream to get married to their prince? But you...you hate everything to do with marriage and guys...well, I mean guys before you met us.You're definitely something, __________."

I scoffed, smiling at his rather flattering comment. "Why thank you. I appreciate it very much."

Lay chuckled once more before taking my left hand in his, lifting it up so he could see. "Did Jessica or Amber, or any of your friends say anything about this?" he asked, referring to the diamond ring that was on my ring finger.

I shook my head. "I don't wear it at school in case I lost it. In fact, I don't want to wear it at all," He frowned, making me roll my eyes, "because I think it's too special. I'll only wear it on special occasions or when I go out with any of you guys, happy?"

He nodded, grinning wildly, his dimples prominantly showing. I couldn't help but smile back at him. It was kind of infectious.

"Very." Lay replied happily before leaning down to kiss me once more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AAAAAAAAAAAANDDDDDD THAT'S A WRAP FOR ECLIPSE!! I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT~

For all your Lay feels, here's the ending with heaps of Lay fluff haha X)

I'll post the forward for Breaking Dawn tomorrow, and I'll put the link in the next chapter of this, so please look forward to it!

On a more serious note, I will only be able to update Breaking Dawn once a week, if not, once every two or three weeks because I have my final exams in October to study for OTL

SEE YOU GUYS IN BREAKING DAWN~