drop

Blood Bond: Eclipse

I couldn't sleep at all last night.

My mind was in a haze about the battle.

Would my bloodbending be readily available before it would be too late?

Sure, I wasn't going to worry too much about them, but I'm just worried about their plans.

I was pretty sure that they weren't going to die, but, surely, they're likely to get hurt.

I was hoping that Tao was still training them hard-on as he did a few days ago.

They wouldn't be able to survive if that was the only day they trained.

The girls could have better control of their elements, and Tao could train them to use their powers to strategically fight newborns.

Newborns...

Newborns...

Newborns...

I haven't heard that word in a while, and I certainly haven't forgotten the power they possess.

Though I've never seen one with my own eyes, I could imagine the strength that one would have.

EXO never really described to me what a newborn would look like, but I would imagine that it would have the normal features of a vampire, but with much less control of their thirst and greater strength.

Speaking of newborns' control of their thirst, even though I lack the strength of a vampire to help with the physical fight, I have something that no vampire has - human blood.

That's probably the best way to help the guys and girls tomorrow.

I'm not going to be in the fight, or anywhere near it, but I'm pretty sure that my blood would have some use.

----------

I sat on my bed, staring out the window at the cloudy sky, waiting for Kris to come by and pick me up.

Perfect time for a fight, don't you think?

It suddenly struck a chord within me.

Does the sun affect a Cold One?

It doesn't affect the normal vampires, because of their mortality, that's for sure.

Maybe I'll ask them later...

I then drew my attention to the engagement ring EXO gave to me last night that I didn't take off.

I studied the cuts made on the diamond and the colours that reflected when light shone through it.

How could they afford something like this?

Sighing, I hauled myself off my bed and carefully pulled the ring off, slipping into the slot inside the small, black velvet box.

I slowly shut the lid and placed it next to my laptop.

I didn't want to wear it today in case I lost it, because, if I did, then the guys would probably be very upset.

But then again, they'd question me as to why I wasn't wearing.

Oh well. Better safe than sorry.

My thoughts were interrupted when, at the corner of my eye, I spotted a figure making its way up the driveway.

I instantly recognised the ash-blonde hair, and broke for the front door.

Once I got down the stairs, I grabbed my backpack, stuffed with essentials, and yanked the door open to see a rather surprised Kris.

"Somebody's excited for the fight today," he teased, poking my forehead.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "Are we gonna go, or not?"

"Yeah, whatever," he replied, mimicking my tone. I made a face. I do NOT sound anything like that.

I punched his arm, only to earn a light chuckle from him.

As soon as I closed the front door, Kris crouched down, signalling for me to get on his back.

"We're not taking a car?" I asked him as he got up and held my legs.

"Nope. Everyone's probably there already, and besides, I don't even know where to park it later."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay, then...so is the camp thingy ready yet?"

"They're setting it up. Now put your face in my shoulder."

"Fine, fine..."

I firmly wrapped my arms around Kris' neck and did what I was told, before feeling that cold gush of wind again.

----------

When I felt that Kris was slowing down, after God knows how long he had been running for, I removed my face from his shoulder and rested my chin on it.

He slowed down to a walk, and I released my arms and legs from their grips on him.

"So we're walking here on in, right?" I asked him, kind of stupidly, because the answer was so damn obvious.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I know how much you hate walking."

I huffed and took my backpack off, placing it on the ground so I could open it.

It caused Kris to turn around and look at me in confusion. "What are you doing?"

After a few moments of gutting my bag, I pulled out a small safety pin, and opened it. "Leading the newborns to the battlefield." I answered shortly when I looked up at him.

I brought the tip of the pin to my left index finger and sliced the fingertip, allowing a drop of blood to ooze from the cut.

The move made Kris scrunch up his face, but, surprisingly, he didn't look like he wanted to take my blood, even though I was his singer.

Shouldn't my blood be...irresistable to him?

I closed the pin and put it back into the backpack before swinging it around my shoulders again.

The cut stung a little, but at least it didn't throb. I went up to a fern and swiped it with my cut finger.

"Smart move, _________." Kris mused and placed an arm around my shoulder. He didn't cringe at my wound.

"Aren't you bothered by the smell of my blood?"

I looked up and saw that he shook his head. "No, not as much anymore."

His answer got me confused.

"Why not? I thought I was your singer?"

"You are, but...we kind of got over it a little ever since that dance studio incident."

That made me more confused. "What happened at the dance studio that made you get over the smell?"

"________, when you were on the verge of dying, or should I say, on the verge of becoming a Cold One, you lost that amount of blood. It was comparable as if you were dying from blood loss, you know? So when you were in the hospital, you were knocked out for at least a day, and it seemed like you were going to die because of us. We kind of then realised how important you are, rather than how appealing your blood was, to us."

I bit my lip in guilt. "But I'm still kind of killing you with my scent, right?"

Kris chuckled, pulling me closer to him. "Kind of."

I sighed and bent down to smear the blood on a rock.

"You're not wearing the ring." Kris noted. I heard a little bit of upset in his tone.

"I don't want to lose it," I assured, standing up again, "Besides, it's way too precious to me, so, can we give a day to not show that we're engaged?"

"Fair enough."

----------

"Do you have any band-aids on you for that?"

"Always prepared."

I took out a band-aid from my bag and ripped open the packet, sealing the bandage on my finger.

"Let's hope that the girls don't get too worked up because of that." Kris said, concerned.

I nodded and we arrived at the open field, only to be greeted the girls and the rest of EXO.

I waved to all of them with a huge smile on my face, though, it was completely inappropriate for this situation.

"You guys ready?" I asked them.

The girls smirked and cracked their knuckles.

They look like they were ready for one hell of a fight.

"You can count on it." CL said smugly.

I felt so much more confident that they can win this battle. "EXO, you ready?" I asked with much more confidence in my voice.

The guys did the same thing.

"Always have been." D.O smirked, tilting his head over to crack his neck knuckles.

"Bom, time to take her up there," Suho announced.

The red-haired vampiress nodded and went over to me. "Do you have anything sharp on you?"

I nodded and pulled out the safety pin, from my backpack, which I used earlier.

Bom took it and opened it, pricking her own finger, a drop of her own blood oozing out. "Luhan saw a storm coming. The battle should be quick." she wiped the pin on her shirt and closed it, handing back to me.

"Okay..." I muttered, taking the pin from her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filler-ish chapter, but more will be coming soon!

aND THANK YOU TO ALL YOU GUYS THAT NOMINATED BLOOD BOND AT THE 2012 EXO AFF AWARDS, I'M SO GRATEFUL TT___TT

I love you all very much even though about 90% of you don't comment or talk to me sO PLEASE KEEP SUPPORTING, AND I WILL MAKE EVEN BETTER CHAPTERS IN THE FUTURE!!

please leave a comment and subscribe T_T