persuasion

Blood Bond: Eclipse

The weekend eventually came, and the guys did not stop their protection vigils.

It was kind of getting out of hand because no stranger or intruder turned up.

No matter how many times I tried to get them to rest or hunt or whatever, they'd still be stubborn about it.

I eventually became fed up with it, so I decided to go outside and confront the three that had their shifts.

I stormed to the front door and forcefully pulled it open, and stepped outside.

Kai, Suho, and Luhan looked at me with confused expressions.

I stopped in front of them and placed my hands on my hips. "Take me to the girls. Now."

They looked a little offended.

"Why?" Suho asked while stepping to me.

I hesitated a little. "I just want you to stop protecting me for one day. Just one. And I need to have some girl talk time, anyway."

"Didn't you have that time when you first met them or when you were with Amber?" Kai asked.

I shook my head. "No. The first time I met them, they were showing me their bending battles, and I was studying with Amber yesterday."

Well, considering the conversation that I had with the girls before, and Amber yesterday, we went on and on talking about EXO - boy talk, if you know what I mean.

"Just let her go," Luhan said and looked at me, "We need to give her some space, sometimes, you know?"

The other two looked a little uncertain, but nodded anyway.

"Thank you, gege." I said to Luhan.

He shrugged his shoulders. "No worries, mei mei. I saw it coming."

Oh, right.

No wonder he let me go.

He saw it in his visions.

Grr...sometimes, the whole vision thing can get a little annoying, but, nonetheless, it's the best ability anyone can have.

Kai went up to me. "Okay, we'll take you there." He bent down while turning around and I got onto his back. "You ready, babe?"

He stood up and I gave him a grumpy look and growled, slapping the top of his head. "Call me that again, and see what happens."

"Whatever."

"Come on, you two," Suho nagged.

I scoffed and buried my face into Kai's shoulder before I felt the sudden rush of air passing us.

-----------

"I'll see you later." I said to the three guys while going up to Dara.

"We'll be back in a few hours, okay?" Suho reminded. I nodded in agreement.

Kai was the first to appear in front of me and crushed his lips on mine.

I was pretty sure Dara was gagging at the sight.

He held my body tightly against his and pulled back a second later.

"You'll miss her that much, won't you?" Dara scrunched up her nose.

"Of course I will." Kai answered, not taking away his gaze on me.

Luhan huffed a sigh and yanked him back by the collar. "Don't worry, mei mei. Because you want to spend time with Dara, we'll use that chance to go hunting." he said and gave me a warm embrace.

I returned the hug with a smile. "Thanks, gege. That's good. Go and hunt all you can. I'm not letting you starve."

I felt him chuckle and we let go.

He looked down at me and leaned in, pressing his lips against mine for a few seconds. "See you later, mei mei."

I blushed and nodded. "You too, gege."

Once Luhan stepped away, Suho dashed up and pecked my lips once. "Stay safe, alright?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm with Dara. How can I not?"

Suho lightly twisted the corner of his lips into a very tiny smile.

He averted his gaze to Dara and nodded.

When I had the feeling that she nodded back, he smiled once more at me and turned around, disappearing with Kai and Luhan.

I turned to Dara. "Well that was awkward."

She laughed insanely, I couldn't help but chuckle a little with her. "You don't say? Anyways, come on." she motioned for me to follow her.

We walked along the footpath created in the forest while admiring the scenery.

"I didn't know you speak Mandarin?" Dara began.

I nodded. "Yeah, I do. I've been learning it all my life because I love the language. Sorry I didn't tell you earlier. Where are the rest?"

"They've gone out for some blood."

"Oh." I shuddered, reminding myself that the women drank human blood.

Dara chuckled. "No biggie," she said while lightly bending some earth on her side into small waves of dirt. "Anyway, what's with the sudden visit?"

I bit my lip. "Well, the guys are going nuts about the whole protection thing."

"I could tell."

I laughed once. "AND because I just wanted to ask you...would it be right if I wanted to be a vampire so I can be with EXO?"

She stayed silent and continued to walk, her expression a little worried.

After a few long moments, she took a breath and spoke. "No, ________. It's not right at all."

I knew it. "But why? I mean, I want to be fast and strong with them, and I want to have my bloodbending permanently so I can protect them as well."

Dara only shook her head. "You don't know what you're saying, _________. Having this," she bended a small amount of earth to hover above her hand and showed it to me, "isn't all there is to a vampire."

"But-"

"And the transformation process is incomprehensively painful,"

I suddenly had a flashback of the night that I was bitten by Junsu.

I remembered the sensation of the venom spreading around my body - it felt as if I was being burnt alive.

The scar on my wrist still didn't go away.

"You think I'm actually proud and happy to be what I am? Do you think EXO really love themselves the way they are? The only thing I'm actually happy with is the ability to knock people out without any effort, but that's still a terrible thing! Even though I am a mortal vampire, I always wish I could be a human...they seem...so much happier than we are...you DO realise that once you're a vampire, there's no turning back, right?"

Her words hit me like a slap in the face.

It was as if she's snapping me back into reality (which, she sort of was).

I never noticed, or considered, what EXO thought about themselves - their states.

I always thought they were happy to be vampires because of all the things they can do that humans can't.

I guess I was too immersed in my dreams of becoming one of them.

"Trust me, __________," she continued, "I would do anything, EXO would do anything, to be human, but we can't. We were born monsters and we will die monsters. I'm pretty sure that they don't want you to be turned into a monster either."

I sighed. "But, Dara, those guys...there's nothing I want more than to be with them...ever..."

She only laughed bitterly. "Yes there is. There's something you'll want more. Something that you'll crave so desperately. Something that you would kill for..."

We stopped walking and I took a sharp breath, my palms sweaty, waiting for her answer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Blood."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for not updating in a few days, guys T-T it was so hot and I couldn't think properly OTL

i hope you guys liked this chapter anyway ^_^ 

please comment and subscribe!!