scars

Blood Bond: Eclipse

When training had finished the girls negotiated that we meet at the same place tomorrow morning.

They dashed off into the forest, leaving EXO and I behind.

I got onto Kai's back, stranglehold in place around his neck and waist, and they began to run.

After God knows how long they've been running for, they began to slow down, signalling that we've arrived at the cars.

I slipped off Kai's back and jogged up towards Tao while the others were going to their separate cars.

"Gege!" I called out as I ran up to him.

He turned around and gave me a sweet smile. I crash-hugged him, but he didn't seem to be too shakened by it. "Hey __________, what did you think of training today?"

"It was awesome! I really didn't know that you had that in you. Oh, well, I mean, you DID spar with me, so I guess you were going easy." It only made Tao chuckle, and I looked up at him. I shifted my hands up his torso and over his broad shoulders, wrapping my hands around his neck. I leaned up and gave him a peck on his lips. "You did awesome, gege."

"Thanks, mei mei. It's about time I kick some as well. I haven't fought in a long time, so I might as well make the most of it now."

I laughed at his statement. "Which reminds me, what can I do to help you guys? I know my bloodbending isn't going to be unlocked on demand, and I can't be turned into one of you, because I won't be as controlled as you guys."

Tao pondered for a while before holding me closer to him, pulling me up closer to his height (but obviously, he was still way too tall). "Well..." he began, leaning down to the crook of my neck. My heart began to race as I felt a burn rise into my cheeks.

Stupid vampire mating seduction thing.

I hated it when the guys would do this to me.

Tao took a long, light whiff of my neck. Bad idea, isn’t it?

Tao, stop,” Kris commanded, “She’s our singer. Unless you can control yourself, which I know that you have trouble with.

I felt Tao scoff. “I’ve seen what happened to her a few months ago, and smelt her blood, just like you did, so I think I’m fine being around her, thank you very much.

Tao mentioning the Junsu incident just triggered the sickening, burning feeling I remembered; just seconds away from being turned into a Cold One was way too painful for me picture again. I couldn’t bear to think if Chen didn’t the venom out on time, I’d become a wild, blood-crazed Cold newborn, out-living my own mates.

The amount of blood I supposedly spilt was enough to drive EXO insane, though I guess they were too distracted on killing Junsu and his group. Well, maybe except for Chen, since he was a bit...thirsty.

Anyway, _________, your scent can distract the newborns, divert their attention,Tao said, snapping me out of my train of thought,It’ll make their thirst and hunting drive take over their focus, since they’re so undisciplined. It’ll make them vulnerable, which would give us the biggest advantage ever; well, besides the girls’ bending, and our abilities."

I blinked a few times and nodded.Tao, how do you know so much about these vampires? From what I see, the other guys are completely clueless.

It seemed as if he knew so much, he sounded so experienced with newborns. I wonder how he gained so much knowledge. Yeah, I knew that he had killed Cold Ones before, but I didn’t know he was an expert at newborns.

He chuckled, and I turned my head around to see the guys cooling down from the training. "They’re not all THAT helpless. I mean, look at Kai. That guy’s got some potential.

I looked back up at him and pouted. I could tell that he was avoiding the subject. He was hiding something.You’re not answering my question,I persisted, stomping one foot on the ground.

Tao, it’s about time you tell her,Luhan called from Chanyeol’s car, She needs to know.

I mentally smirked.

Tao huffed a sigh. I could see that he was a little reluctant to tell me. What I’m about to show you...please don’t get too freaked out.

I shrugged my shoulders.I don’t freak out about anything, and you know that.

She’s got a point!”  Lay hollered from the other side.

Tao and I let go of each other, and I took a step back to give him some space.

He began sliding up the sleeves of his shirt, one at a time.

I widened my eyes, my jaw hung open. I could not believe what I saw.

The rest of the guys flinched, probably feeling my shock as well.

Slightly bulging crescent-shaped scars covered his arms at different places.

I felt my own fingers on my right hand lightly run over the scar on my left wrist that Junsu gave me. But Tao’s condition was much worse than mine, even though he was a vampire.

I bit my lower lip and went up to him, gently shifting my fingers over the scars on his arms. “Tao...what happened to you?” I whispered, leaning the side of my head onto his firm chest.

I felt him shrug his shoulders. “Newborns going crazy, that’s all.

No, I mean, what did you do to make them do this?

He sighed, softly placing his hands on my shoulders and pushing me away so we could face each other. “Before I met you, well, when I was about fifteen to sixteen, like the bored teenager I was, I wanted to go out and help exterminate Cold Ones. Since the Volturi were on good terms with our parents, I went out and asked them if I could do so. I wanted to put my combat to good use. Of course they didn’t approve because I was a baby compared to those ancient ruins, so I went out and did it anyway. So then, for about a year or two, I was “illegally” going out and destroying Cold Ones in Korea and, eventually, China. It all kind of got harder on me ever since I came across newborns. That was when I realised their enormous amount of strength and how much they were undisciplined. Fighting a mortal vampire that drinks animal blood, for them, was kind of easy, but I had strategies, and we all know that strategy beats force, though, I DID get hit sometimes...

I grimaced at how he was ‘hit’. That probably explained the bite marks. The newborns probably bit him for their attacks. I was glad that he can’t be turned into a Cold One because the venom would be travelling through vampire blood, rather than human blood, AND because mortal vampires could only be turned into one by killing the human while drinking.

Because of the incidents with the newborns, I became more interested in them and how to kill them, so I eventually became an expert at them. So when I was about late seventeen, Kris told me to stop going out and killing Cold Ones and newborns because it was getting more and more obvious. The Volturi only lets vampires that are strictly trained, experienced, and disciplined to go out and do the killings, not ‘students’ like me, so it’ll be obvious that someone that’s untrained was doing all the recent killings because it was obvious since fires were everywhere; so then, I stopped, but the experience never left me.

I was left stunned, speechless.

Who knew Tao was that rebellious?

Even I wouldn’t defy authority of that level to do whatever I wanted. That probably took some real guts.

I guess Tao was pretty lucky to even survive his whole ‘killing’ journey; which makes me wonder...why didn’t he tell me about this until now? Probably he didn’t want to scare me into running away from him, but, hey, we’re each other’s mates, and there’s NO WAY I could separate from him.

Either way, I still loved him for what he was, newborn killer or not. Who knows, maybe he’ll teach me how to be a disciplined newborn when I get turned?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this chap explains a few things to you guys!!

anyway, I'm not sure when I'm going to update next this week, probably Thursday and maybe Saturday because I've got lots of school crap and it's Lunar New Year so it's going to be really hectic for me :L

please comment and subscribe!!