news

Blood Bond: Eclipse

We eventually made it back home in time thanks to Chanyeol's vampire speed.

Jason's car was parked on the driveway, so I checked my watch.

3:55pm.

Awesome.

Just a few minutes left before he starts to freak out.

Chanyeol put me down and slipped off the backpack and handed it to me.

I took it off him and swung it around my own back. "Does my hair look like I've been electricuted?" I asked while running my fingers through my hair so it swept to the side.

He smiled and shook his head. "You look as boyish as usual, don't worry."

"Thanks."

He lightly ruffled my hair and I went over to the door.

I took the keys from the backpack and unlocked the door. "Jase! I'm home!" I called out as I stepped in with Chanyeol following behind me.

I got to the living room and saw Jason lounging in front of the TV.

"Oh, _______! Hey!" he greeted cheerfully and got up from the couch. We walked up to each other and he looked at Chanyeol. "And who's this?"

"Um, this is Chanyeol, one of the guys I'm friends with at school," I cringed internally at the stupid lie, "Chanyeol, this is my older brother, Jason."

I trusted Chanyeol's vampire instincts to know that I was lying to Jason right now, and I hope he could help me cover it up.

The two guys brought out their hands and shook them.

"I'm Chanyeol. Your sister is insane, just saying."

I flinched back.

Okay, I guess this shouldn't be a surprise to me because I got those comments all the time back in Australia.

They let go and Jason chuckled. "I know, right? She's one-of-a-kind."

"Actually, she's the first girl I know that hates skirts and ice tea."

I glared at Chanyeol. "And Amber..." I growled through my teeth.

"Oh, yeah, and Amber too. Though I think she likes ice tea-"

Just then, there was a desperate knocking at the door.

"I'll get it." Chanyeol insisted and walked off.

I turned back to Jason. "What?"

"He looks like he's a bit more than just a friend..."

I slapped his arm. "Jason! Just because I bring a friend home who happens to be a guy twice as tall as I am and he comments a lot about my so-called insanity, it doesn't mean that he's 'more than just a friend'."

Jason shrugged his shoulders. "I just got the feeling. You know, I can see by the way he looks at y-"

Just then, the rumbling of feet came rushing in, and EXO looked like they just ran a marathon, though they weren't sweating.

"_________!!!" they shouted, but then, they saw Jason in the room, so they straightened their composure.

He raised an eyebrow, suspicious. "Dude, who are these guys? Are you sure they're your friends? There's way too many of them."

I rolled my eyes. "Look, Jason, these guys are my friends. They're part of the same group, but they're a seperate group to mine."

"Yeah, we just needed to see __________ real quick." Kris added.

Jason looked dumbstruck when Kris spoke in English. "This guy speaks-"

I finally lost it. "JASE, COME ON!" I bellowed, "They're just friends! What else is there to ask?!"

He sighed, signalling his surrender.

EXO took that as a sign and Kris grabbed my wrist, and I was rushed out.

I felt a little guilty that I lied to my brother about EXO, and also to the fact that I just left him standing there.

He probably had a million questions running through his head now.

"I'm guessing you read his mind?" I asked Kris.

He sighed and nodded. "He was about to bombard you with questions about us, why you hung out with so many guys."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "I'm a tomboy, what did he expect?"

"Nothing more."

Once the house was out of sight, I was swept into Kris' arms and they dashed to their home.

They opened the front door and rushed to their living room where Kris put me onto one of the couches.

"Okay, so, what's the rush?" I asked them.

"Look at this," Baekhyun went up to me and held a newspaper in front of me.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the title of the front-page article.

DEATH TOLL ON THE RISE IN INCHEON.
POLICE FEAR GANG ACTIVITY.

"Yeah, what's this got to do with us?" I asked them.

Baekhyun folded the newspaper back and huffed. "Don't you see, _________? It's obviously our kind doing this kind of thing."

"Your kind?"

"Vampires," Suho said, "Cold Ones. Our species are more subtle than this..."

I tilted my head in confusion. "Cold Ones? Had this ever happened before?"

They shook their heads.

"There hasn't been anything like this before," Chen said quietly and eyed the newspaper, "So it must be vampires."

I was confused.

Why would a vampire be so reckless?

"How sure are you guys about this?"

"You'd be surprised as to how much of our kind makes the news, _________," Kai remarked, "It's not suspected that vampires are the ones doing the killings, though."

"We have a slight suspicion that it's a newborn vampire doing all this." D.O added, "There's no type of vampire that's this reckless."

I pressed my lips together and shook my head. "I still think we should give it a few more weeks to see if it's actually a vampire that's doing this...did Luhan see this coming?"

Luhan shook his head. "I didn't know about it until now, and I'm not sure if it's a vampire or not."

I smiled in triumph. "See?"

The rest of EXO looked grim.

"And so, what, if it's a vampire running around?" I continued, "They're not specifically after anything, right?"

"But still..." Sehun pushed, "It's pretty dangerous..."

"It's in Incheon, though," I fired back, "It's pretty far from where we are."

"__________, please," Suho pressed, making me shut up, "No matter where in Korea any suspicious killings are, even if it's in Busan, we have to keep a look out. We have to keep being on high alert for anything that makes its way here, because, usually, everything eventually comes to Seoul."

I blew on my fringe in defeat. "Fine."

"We'll still do some more research on this," he added, "Who knows, it might even spread to the city..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'll update again tomorrow! maybe another double update?

don't forget to comment and subscribe ^_^