comfort

Blood Bond: Eclipse

I paced around the room, waiting for Sehun to arrive through the open window.

It was a little over 10:30pm and I was a little worried that he and the two that were supposed to be on guard shift were caught by Victoria, or something like that.

After a few more minutes waiting, I sighed and sat down in front of my desk and returned to finish my Calculus homework.

I went to the last question and gazed at it for a little while.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of lean, warm arms wrap themselves around my waist.

I gasped and turned my head around looking down affectionately at me.

I couldn't help but smile and get up to give him a hug.

"Finally," I mumbled into his chest, "I thought you were captured by Victoria."

He chuckled, making my heart flutter. "We're not that incautious."

I looked up at him and stuck my tongue out. "Since you're here already, I need to go to sleep." I said and lead him to my bed.

Sehun pulled off his shoes and slipped under the quilt, moving over to make some room for me.

I sighed and slid under the quilt also, bringing it over my shoulders.

I cuddled up closer to him. "When is this going to end..."

He chuckled, encircling his arms around me, gently pushing the back of my head so my face was buried in his chest. "When we get rid of the newborns."

I shuddered at his reminding about exterminating the newborns. I completely forgot about it.

They were scheduled to go to Incheon the day after graduation.

Worry began to build up in my stomach again.

Those feelings of guilt and regret were unlocked again.

"Sehun...please..."

I felt his hand caress my hair. "Don't worry, _________. If the Volturi get them before we will, which is pretty likely, then we won't have to go anywhere."

I hummed and nuzzled into his chest. "There's still a chance, though..."

He placed his thumb and index finger on my chin, tilting my head up so I could face him. "You're so damn pessimistic, you know that?"

"I'm sorry I worry too much about your safety."

"You should leave that worrying to us. We're the ones that should be worried for YOUR safety."

"But I don't want to be one of those girls that lets the guys do anything," I protested firmly, "I'm not a damsel in distress, and I'm not reckless."

Sehun chuckled. "I know that. That's one of the reasons I fell for you so easily. You're so independant and strong-willed for someone your size."

I felt heat rush through my body at his comment. "Thanks."

"No problem. It's late. Go to sleep now."

I bit my lip and reached up with both of my hands, cupping his face, and pulled him down, planting my lips onto his.

I kissed him desperately, and for a second, I felt his lips move against mine, kissing me back.

He suddenly pulled back, much to my confusion. "_________, we can't distract the others. They can feel the same adrenaline as we do when we kiss."

Again, I forgot another aspect of vampire covens; the fact that they could feel the exact emotions as their mate and the rest of their coven.

How could I be so stupid and forgetful?

I huffed and nodded. "Okay..."

"We'll do that some other time, alright? After their graduation."

"Yeah."

"Hey, I want to kiss you too, but I'm thinking about the hyungs. It's not fair for them, you know."

"I realised." I muttered and turned around so my back faced him.

Sehun laughed softly before I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and pull me closer to him. We fit together like matching pieces of a puzzle.

I snuggled into the quilt and felt the back of his hand gently caress my cheek.

A small smile twisted on my lips as my heartbeat rose at his touch. I brought my hand to touch the necklace the group gave to me at the year 11 prom, remembering the loving smiles they had on their faces.

"It'll be over in a few weeks, don't worry." he mumbled.

I nodded and closed my eyes.

----------

A high-pitched, evil laughter echoed throughout the place.

I gasped and whirled my body around, searching for the source.

That evil laughter continued, sending shudders down my spine.

"Wh-what do you want?!" I called out.

"Behind you." someone whispered right up in my ear.

I yelped and snapped my whole body around to see a familiar figure.

Victoria.

Her red-orange hair and crimson eyes had it all.

She smirked and raised her hand, gesturing for someone to come forward from behind her.

I blinked a few times, balling my fists to get a grip on myself.

There was no doubt that I was confused.

While she stared at me, my eyes were wide, my breathing was deep and quick, heart pounding mercilessly at my chest.

Sweat dampened my palms as figure began to emerge from behind her.

Suddenly, I felt a searing, stabbing pain on my back, making me collapse to the ground on all fours.

I screamed in agony, clutching my left shoulder with my right hand, eventually giving in and fall to the ground.

The pain of the tattoos was piercing my shoulder blades. 

It burned, stung, reminding me of the first time I received them.

The pain was overwhelming; I coughed, my throat swelling, as if someone was strangling me.

"It hurts, doesn't it? Finding out that your mates are on the verge of death." Victoria stated rather casually.

I coughed once again, looking up with much effort to see her stand in front of me.

I gave her a look of confusion, but she only scoffed and nodded her head to the side.

I took a closer look at the group of figures and widened my eyes at them.

Newborns.

Each of them clutching the throats of a member of EXO.

Not this again...

Another piercing sensation was felt on my back, and I screamed once again.

It must be the Bonded Circle...

By that time, my throat was sore as hell, as if weak acid was poured into it.

I reached forward, hoping that my bloodbending would save them.

The newborns didn't budge, nor did Victoria.

I tried reaching out again, but I felt no energy flowing through my arms.

"Huh?" I whispered, averting my gaze to Victoria again.

My bloodbending wasn't working.

I couldn't save them.

Victoria smirked once more. "What do you think you're doing? Pathetic. Your mates were already dead before you could save them!"

That time, I couldn't take it anymore.

She leaned down to my neck. The last thing I saw was her blaring teeth

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'LL TRY TO UPDATE ONCE MORE TONIGHT!!

I must finish my homework first OTL

thank you for your patience, everyone~