graduation

Blood Bond: Eclipse

"When we were five, people asked us what we wanted to do when we grew up," the year 12 leader began, "Our answers were things like: astronaut, prime minister, or, in my case, a princess."

Soft laughter echoed throughout the auditorium.

Today was graduation day for the guys, and I was so excited to see them graduate!

The graduation assembly had the whole school fitted into the large auditorium to see the year 12s finally leave school.

I was sitting next to Sehun, our fingers laced together as we watched the rest of EXO at the front.

While the rest of the year 12s were going up to graduate, I rested my head on his shoulder and touched the metal necklace with my free hand, smiling at the thought that they gave it to me almost two months ago.

As soon as the laughter died down, she continued. "When we were ten, they asked us again. We answered with: rock star, artist, or, in my case, a gold medalist."

Again, more soft laughter.

"But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how about this? 'Who the hell knows?'"

With that, the majority of the school laughed even harder, some of them clapping in amusement.

I only chuckled and looked up at him, he looked back down at me, and I nudged my elbow against his ribs.

He leaned down and pecked my lips once, turning back to watch the ceremony.

I did the same, squinting my eyes to get a better look at EXO.

"This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, this is the time to make mistakes. Take the train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love...a lot..."

A small smile played on my lips as I thought about the guys, though I knew that this would be Sehun and I in a year's time.

"Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that," more laughter, "Change your mind and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So, make as many mistakes as you can, so then, when they ask us what we want to be, we won't have to guess...we'll know."

She signed off with a smile, allowing the crowd to erupt into applause.

"So did Luhan prepare everything for tonight's graduation party yet?" I said loudly, but not enough to shout, to Sehun while applauding.

"Yeah, everything's done. The whole house has been...turned upside down."

I nodded. I couldn't wait to go to the party. Luckily, it's not going to be like the prom, so I could wear whatever I wanted to.

The assembly ended and the school filed out the bottom and top doors of the auditorium.

Once the both of us made our way out, we headed off to search for the rest of EXO.

"They should be near the main entrance." Sehun suggested.

I nodded and he dragged me to the direction of the place. "Oh, wait! We have to do the guard of honour thing with the rest of the year elevens!"

Sehun stopped in his tracks. "Ah, geez, _________, you're telling me this now?" he huffed and we both ran to the front gate of the school.

We found a spot in between two opposing lines of year 11's and Sehun took a spot opposite where I was standing.

He smiled at me, making me blush. It was all stopped when a stampede of year 12's rumbled past us in a huge line.

Tch.

Guard of honour my .

When EXO were in my sight, on their way with the crowd of year 12's, they gave me smiles and Kris lifted me up bridal style.

That maneouver grab a lot of attention. It probably looked like he was lifting up a random year 8 boy.

I gasped, flinging my legs out, pounding my fist at his arm. "Kris! Put me down!"

He only laughed. "No, you're coming with me until we reach the front."

I groaned and continued to thrash around in his grip. "PUT ME DOWN, OH MY GOD."

We eventually made it to the front gate and Kris finally release me from his firm grasp.

"Can you not carry me when I don't ask you to?" I hissed, stomping my foot on the ground, looking right up at him.

He chuckled, ruffling my hair. "No. I'll see you tonight."

I scoffed, punched his arm once, and turned around, hugging each EXO member to congratulate them on their graduation.

-----------

It was 6pm when Chen eventually drove me to their place.

During the trip, I couldn't help but have a sickening feeling in my stomach knowing that the guys are going to Incheon tomorrow to kill the newborns.

Worry clouded my mind; every part of me was induced in uncertainty.

I still didn't tell them about the dream a few weeks ago of my bloodbending not working, which heavied my heart even more.

For the past few weeks, ever since we knew of the newborn army, and my obsession with bloodbending to help EXO, I'd been having strange dreams and nightmares about it.

It was seriously affecting my emotional health.

My anxiety levels would be a little higher than usual whenever I think about EXO.

Chen looked at me, obviously also feeling my worry. "________, what's wrong?"

I bit my lip, slightly shaking my head. "I don't want you guys to go to Incheon tomorrow. It's too dangerous, and they're Cold newborns!"

He took his hand off the steering wheel and placed it over my hand, moving it from my lap and onto the glovebox.

He laced his fingers through mine. "It will be fine, __________. Newborns are completely out of their mind. They don't know what to do when they see us."

"Still, it's dangerous..."

We arrived at their place, and Chen parked his car inside the garage.

I got out of the car and went through the door that was in the garage that lead to the living room.

My eyes widened at the state of the house.

Luhan had literally turned it into a nightclub.

Music was blaring, tables with fancy tablecloths and candles and drinks were in every section, a few lamps lit every room, giving an orange-yellow tone to the place. The purple hanging decorations clashed with the orange hues, giving a...fruity...kind of atmosphere.

It seemed as if the whole year 12 grade came.

The place was packed with people.

Everyone was dressed in fancy clothes. Couples and friends were laughing, chatting, basically having a great time.

And there was me. In black skinny jeans, a grey t-shirt, light blue Vans, and Xiumin's cap he gave me when I was in China.

"Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, excuse me..." I mumbled as I weaved my way through the crowd to find any one of EXO.

"Ayo, __________!"

I flicked my head around to the direction of the voice. "CL?"

She laughed and walked to my direction, with the rest of her coven following behind her.

"Hey, guys," I greeted them, "What are you doing here?"

"We heard that Luhan was going to chuck a party, so we decided to come." Dara answered happily.

"Did you guys just graduate?"

"No, we're in uni," Bom sighed, "I miss the old days."

Her comment made the five of us laugh.

"So where's EXO?" CL asked me, "we just got here and we thought they'd be with you. We need to congratulate them."

I shrugged my shoulders. "No idea. I was just looking for them."

"I don't know about you, but I'm heading to the dance floor." Minzy said and headed off to the living room.

"Have fun!" Bom waved and turned back to us.

"You want to go look for them together?" I suggested, pointing behind me with my thumb.

They nodded and we headed through the crowd and stopped at the foot of one of the staircases.

I looked up and saw Luhan walking down from it.

I smiled widely and waved at him, and so did the three girls.

It had been so long since I have been close with him, so I was glad that he was free from exams.

I wanted to congratulate him on graduating and managing to throw this party.

He smiled back for one second before suddenly halting his descent.

Luhan's smile disappeared; his eyebrows were now furrowed, his lips slightly parted.

He was now staring at no particular direction.

The expression on his face being replaced with another look of utter worry.

He was having another vision.

I turned to face the girls, and they nodded. I ran up the stairs to get to where Luhan was and held his arm. "Luhan? What is it?"

He breathed out once, blinking a few times, snapping out of his vision.

I gently shook his arm. "Gege, what did you see?"

Luhan placed his hand over mine, his gaze shifting to look at me. His expression of worry didn't fade. "They're going to leave Incheon. They're coming here."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for not updating yesterday OTL

for the next few days, I'll be uber busy with family stuff, but I'll be writing bits and pieces in between!!

please comment and subscribe!