vows (part 4)

Blood Bond: Eclipse

It wasn't like me to miss somebody that much.

Yeah, sure, I'd get nostalgic for a bit when they leave, but I never thought that it would've got to the point where my heart feels like it wanted to tear apart.

That's what I felt like right now.

I just wanted to throw up to ease the escalating churn I felt in my stomach from knowing that I only had 3 guys left to say goodbye to.

Only THREE!

How utterly guilty I felt for indirectly making them sacrifice their lives for me was unbelievable.

When Luhan left, it felt as if my future left with me (pun intended).

I paced around my room, thinking of ways to somehow help them tomorrow.

The bloodbending wouldn't activate unless the Bonded Circle forms, and I'm only a human, so I don't have any strengths.

However, I do have something that vampires don't have - human blood.

But how would that help them?

My train of thought (and pacing) was interrupted when I suddenly saw a familiar figure fly into the room, landing in the centre.

I felt the corner of my lips twist up into a smile as I figured outt who it was.

I went over to him as he stood up from his crouch, and attacked him with a hug.

"Woah there, _________," he chuckled, wrapping his arms around my shoulders, "I'm still here."

"But still. Do you think your powers can work on all of the newborns tomorrow, Yixing?" I murmured in his chest.

I felt his hand begin to caress my hair; I only squeezed my eyes shut, tightening my grip on him, inhaling his sweet scent.

"Of course they will, mei mei," Lay assured and I felt his lips on my head, "I've been practicing on the rest of our group and the girls."

I pressed my lips together, still a little uncertain if he could conjure illusions on an army of newborns, rather than 15 mortal vampires.

We pulled away from the embrace, and I looked up at his topaz-yellow eyes.

Lay stared back into my own eyes, gently taking my hands into his. "_________, you do not realise how much I love you,"

Again, I began to feel completely flustered at another vampire's vows.

I bit my lip and smiled, coughing out a laugh and looked down at the carpet.

"Hey, hey, look at me when I'm talking to you," Lay said, using my chin to tilt my head up to look at him again.

I rolled my eyes as he did so. "I'm sorry. I'm just a little flustered, that's all."

"That's okay. Anyway, from the moment that Kris said that he couldn't read your mind, I knew that there was something about you that made me want to know you. Because of that, I felt a connection form. So now, what I'm going to do tomorrow, it'll be for you, and no one else," he brought the back of his hand up to softly caress my left cheek, "You're so...fragile...but, even if you become one of us, I will still have to protect you."

I just wanted to protest that I hated being told that I always needed to be protected.

Yeah, sure, I'm a human and all, but I'm not going to stand there and let the guys worry over everything.

I'm not pathetic like that. "Yixing...but I-"

"I know you're not like that. That's why we're doing this tonight; to let you protect yourself from emotional pain."

A smile began to form on my lips at his statement. They knew me well.

"I love you, _________. I'm yours forever." he softly clarified before leaning down and pressing his lips against mine for a soft, yet quick kiss.

"Me too, Yixing," I whispered over his lips.

Our lips met once again, but this time, they did not separate. Instead, they moved against each other, softly moulding and melting into each other.

I stood on my tip-toes and wrapped my arms around Lay's neck, while he slid his hands down the sides of my body before making their way to the small of my back.

He pulled me closer to him, closing the gap between us, before sealing it with his arms sliding around my body.

Lay kissed me with much care, but with much passion, though, I knew he was still restraining himself because I was still 'fragile'.

I honestly did not want him to let go of me. I loved him too much.

----------

Two more guys to go.

Two more guys until they're gone to prepare for the fight.

Two more guys until I'm on my own with my dreaded anxiety to consume me for the night (hehe, I feel like a poet).

"Come on, come on, come on..." I murmured to myself as I sat on my bed and swung my legs back and forth from the edge.

As if on cue, a small gush of wind flew past me. The figure landed on the floor with a small, muffled thud.

I smiled as the figure turned around.

The light from the ceiling shone behind him, accentuating his already-sharp, godly jawline.

"Jongdae..." I murmured as he made his way to me.

The corner of his lips twisted up into a slight smile before sitting down next to me.

"Hey, _________," he said softly before pulling me into a side-embrace. The side of my face was pressed against his chest, and my arms over his waist and back. I felt him rest his head atop of mine. "Jang __________, you are the most beautiful thing I have ever set me eyes upon," Chen began.

Oh man, here it goes.

"I will never let you down. Not now, not tomorrow, not ever. And..."

"Huh?" I moved my head away from his chest to look up at him.

Chen looked down at me and smiled. "I will always be your Se7en and Song SamDong."

I widened my eyes and buried my face in his chest, remembering that I admitted to him that he looked like a mix of Se7en and Kim Soohyun. "Aww, come on, Jongdae..."

I felt him chuckle. But then, he began to hum a tune that was all too familiar to me.

Before I knew it, he started singing the lyrics to the chorus:

"I dislike how our love has changed
I’m tired of repeating our arguments everyday
Much worse than when we’re alone
Being stuck in an endless time
I don’t want to blame you for that
I guess we are going crazy
I’m going crazy, crazy
In our love, we just going crazy...
"

Though his voice was different to Se7en's, it was still beautiful, and it did not change the way of how I felt about the song.

I was so moved. Chen only made me fall in love with him even more, serenading me like that.

He then let go, and I did the same, before leaning down and placing his lips against mine.

I instinctively kissed him back as he gently held onto my forearms, my hands finding their way to hold onto his waist.

Throughout that whole time, he was moving his lips against mine ever so gently, as if I would break under his touch, just the way I liked it.

----------

"Minseok, I'm pretty sure you can handle tomorrow, right?"

"Don't you worry."

I blew on my fringe and cuddled up closer to him. He had his head rested on the palm of his left hand, while I was lying my head on his free arm.

"_________, even though I abuse you sometimes, just know that I love you a lot, and you can be as boyish as you want around me. I don't mind one single bit. In fact, I'd much prefer it if you did. I can act like a real guy around you without having to worry that you're a girl." Xiumin began, my cheek with the back of his right hand. "You have the softest skin, you know that?"

"Not really, but thanks."

Xiumin chuckled and leaned down to kiss my forehead. "I hope your bloodbending would come in handy tomorrow."

"Me too."

"Anyway, like I said when we first met in China, I'm really happy that I've met someone that doesn't think I look like a steamed bun."

I giggled. "You look like-"

"A marshmallow, I know, ________. But I'm YOUR one and only marshmallow," he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine, "Forever and ever."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aNNNNNNND THAT'S IT FOR THE VOWS!!!

Sorry if I kinda made some of them egh, but I hope you guys liked the fluff anyway!

From next chapter onwards will go on with the Eclipse storyline, so that means, lots and lots of action ^_^

oh, and a happy 23rd birthday to our squishy Xi Luhannie~

please comment and subscribe!!