scent

Blood Bond: Eclipse

I looked at them in confusion. "What? Someone else?"

They nodded and barged through the entrance.

I hesitantly ran up the stairs behind them. "Guys! You know my room can't fit all twelve of you!"

I knew they ignored me, but when I caught up to them, only a few of them were inside the room.

The rest were outside, or in different rooms, inhaling the air.

"The scent isn't in any of these rooms." I heard Sehun announce from Jason's room.

"It's only around in your room." Suho murmured.

That was when I decided to look for myself. "Move." I muttered as I passed the guys that were outside my room.

As soon as I stepped into the room, I noticed that some items were in different places to their original positions.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I began walking around my room, observing the changes in the placements of my possessions.

I could feel the stares of the guys on me as I wandered around.

Questions began to flood my mind while confusion struck me.

How did the intruder manage to get into my room?

I was pretty sure that I kept my window closed in case anybody tried to get into the house via my window.

I turned my attention to the chair near my desk.

Something was a little off about it.

I suddenly realised that my shirt that was hanging off it was missing.

"." I cursed under my breath and began to frantically run around the room, searching for the piece of clothing.

Seeing this, the guys looked a little worried.

"__________, what's wrong?" Luhan asked while I flipped my quilt open and searched.

"My shirt is missing." I answered bluntly without looking back.

I continued to run my hands under the quilt, over my mattress, hoping to find the shirt.

It was no use.

I groaned angrily and ran off to the closet located next to my desk.

I roughly pulled open the drawers and began to dig through the clothes.

The shirt was nowhere to be found.

I swore through my teeth and slammed the drawer shut, making them jump. "You're right. There has been an intruder. Who do you think?"

"It can't be Victoria," Chanyeol said, "If it was, we would have recognised her scent in this room by now."

It couldn't be the four women either; I've been with them the whole time.

"Could it be a nomad vampire?" Tao suggested, "Luhan would have seen Victoria coming here. But since he didn't, then it's obviously someone we don't know."

I bit my lip.

Nomads.

Apparently, they were the most feral/wild vampires.

"I still think it's someone linked with Victoria," I inferred, "Knowing her, she'll want someone to do the dirty work for her."

"But how are we going to know for sure that it's Victoria's plan?" Sehun questioned.

"We'll have to track the scent, see where it leads to." Kris said, sounding a little shaky.

I pressed my lips together, not knowing if tracking the scent would be the best idea for their safety.

I mean, what if it was a Cold One that was in here?

"Is there something wrong, __________?" Suho questioned, obviously taking note of my reactions.

"Yes," I replied quickly, "Everything is wrong. I don't want you guys to follow the scent. You might get yourselves into trouble."

"Why do you have such little faith in us?" Kai protested, sounding a little offended.

I huffed a sigh and stood up, sharply crossing my arms. "Because you are stupidly risking your lives for something small. We can figure this out together without having to die on the way. After all, she might want you to follow the scent and eventually kill you in the end."

"__________, listen," Kris interjected, "We can do this. Victoria's not stupid. If that was her plan, then she'd give away her position. We'll follow the scent and see where it leads."

That seemed pretty legitimate.

Victoria is not stupid at all.

By the way EXO told me on how they were chasing her and losing her in the end, it only concluded that she was cunning.

Very cunning.

I bit my lip and nodded reluctantly. "Okay. You can go. But please don't die on me."

They nodded and began to file out of the room.

"Oh, and Baek and Chen, you stay with ___________ in case you need to get her out of here." Kris commanded.

The two of them complied and remained in the room.

"Good luck, guys." I told the rest.

"We wouldn't need any."

I sighed and sat down on my bed to wait.

-----------

They came back looking a little disappointed.

To my surprise, they didn't have a single scratch on their faces or clothes.

I guess Kris was right about Victoria not fooling us.

"Well?" I began, looking up at them.

Suho heaved a sigh before answering. "The scent vanished a few kilometres south from the house. Nothing jumped out at us, though."

I sighed in relief, knowing that they didn't have to die so soon.

"Do you think it could be any of the Volturi?" Chen asked Luhan.

Luhan shook his head. "I've been watching them through my visions. They're not bothered to come down here to tame Victoria. Plus, knowing her, she'd probably rip their heads off if they did come by."

I flinched at the thought of Victoria killing the vampire leaders. I was still a little confused as to how she would do it, I mean, it's THE Volturi, so I guess there's more than one authority figure?

I suddenly realised that they didn't tell me everything about the Volturi - only the fact that they are the vampire government, and they protect the secret of vampires. "Guys? Who are in the Volturi?"

They began to find places in my room and sit down.

Obviously they all had to squash themselves together to fit in the small room.

Kris, Suho, and Baekhyun sat on my bed, while the rest sat on the floor, my desk, or my chair.

"The Volturi consist of three men," Suho began, "Their names are Jaejoong, Yuchun, and Junsu,"

My heart dropped at the mentioning of the name 'Junsu'.

"Don't worry, it's a different Junsu." Sehun said quickly. I sighed in relief once more.

"Anyway," Suho continued, "They're Cold Ones, just so you know. They've been around for a very long time-"

"How long?" I interrupted.

"Thousands of years, possibly."

My jaw dropped.

Thousands of years?!

"So that's how they got to be the government. They also have guards. The guards have special abilities."

"Do you know the guards?"

"We only know one group," Xiumin said, "Like our friends, they're four females, but the rest...we don't really talk to them. We don't exactly like them..."

"So what do the guards do?"

"What the name tells you," Sehun answered, "They do all the Volturi's dirty work. Like going outside and killing vampires if they broke any rules."

I gulped.

Killing vampires if they broke any rules.

I remembered about the rule about falling in love with a human.

"But don't worry about us, ______________, our parents know the Volturi very well, and we're pretty good, so you'll be alright." he gave me a cute eye-smile, showing his reassurance.

I bit my lip, not entirely sure about the whole situation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I. AM. BAAAAAAAAAAAACKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe, did you guys enjoy your Christmas week?

Anyway, I tried updating as fast as I could, IT WAS THE FIRST THING I DID WHEN I LANDED LOOOOOOL

I hope you guys didn't think this chapter was too stupid OTL

please comment and subscribe!! ^_^