protection

Blood Bond: Eclipse

"No, we must constantly stay around her place."

"I say half of us patrol the city, and the other half around her."

"But how are we supposed to keep ourselves fed?"

"We'll find a way."

I crossed my arms and blew on my fringe at the way this conversation was leading to. I was sitting on the arm rest of one of the large white couches they had in the living room.

I really didn't like the fact that the guys are going to be juggling patrolling the city for Victoria and the intruder, guarding my place, school, studying, and hunting. It kind of offended me because they were treating me as if I was completely helpless.

They were sacrificing so many important things to protect me. I hated that idea.

I'm not the only aspect in their life. Their health and study is crucial at this point. I mean, their finals are coming up in a matter of weeks.

"Guys, you can't do this," I interrupted, "You have too much on the line."

"_________, I think you forgot one really important aspect of vampires," Tao scoffed, "We don't need to sleep, remember?"

God, I felt like such an idiot.

I did forget that.

"But still, you're juggling too many things at once," I continued to protest, "I don't think all of you can do this alone."

"Listen, __________-ah," Suho leaned on the couch closer to me and looked up at me, "We'll devise a plan as to what we'd do during the time, and I'm sure that we'll leave at least a couple of hours for hunting and studying, don't you worry."

The other members seemed to agree.

I pressed my lips together and rubbed my palms in uncertainty. "I'm worrying, alright. You're doing so much to protect me, and it's making me feel really guilty. I mean, you guys are doing all the work and...I don't know...I feel like such a burden..."

It was true.

I hated feeling like a burden to anyone, especially my mates.

It's the worst feeling ever.

"We're not leaving you unprotected." Kris said firmly.

"I'm not going to leave you to starve." I fired back.

Suho gently took my hands and softly massaged them with his thumbs. "Sweetheart, everything is going to be okay. You're not a burden at all because you are our mate. Without you in our lives, we can't live, so please, stop worrying."

I took a deep breath and nodded anyway.

There was no use in arguing because they'd use the 'you are our mate' excuse.

"So, what else is in the plan?" I asked them.

"We're getting the girls to go and check your room tonight to see if they have come across the scent," Kris answered, "It might turn out a negative, but the more people knowing the scent, the better."

"They ARE helping us keep tabs on everything that's going on with Victoria after all." Kai added.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "If that's what you want..."

-----------

About an hour later, the women arrived to my place with EXO rather quickly.

I removed myself from looking through my bedroom window and rushed downstairs to get the door.

I got to the door and opened it before any of them could start knocking.

"Hey, guys," I said and gave the sixteen vampires a quick smile.

"Hey, __________," CL replied, "Can we go and check now?"

I hesitantly nodded and moved aside so the girls can walk through.

My gaze followed them as they filed through the door and dashed upstairs.

I turned my attention back to EXO. "So what's your plan?" I asked and lead them through to the living room.

We sat down and Suho began to explain everything. "Well, for starters, six of us will be patrolling the city or forest area in the daytime, while three of us will be studying, and the other three will be around your place. Once night hits, we switch places."

I cringed a little. "But how are you going to hunt?"

"We'll hunt as we patrol the forest," Luhan answered, "It's not going to be that hard, trust me."

Oh yeah, it will.

If they're patrolling and studying while staying up without sleep, then they'll get thirsty more easily.

Especially with the ones who are going to be with me, since my blood is pretty much irresistible to them.

Bleh.

Kai suddenly appeared in front of me and cupped my face, making me look up at him.

I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"You do realise that I hate the fact that you always have such little faith in us."

I huffed a small sigh. "Me too, but it's for your own safety, you know?"

He chuckled arrogantly and planted his lips on my forehead. "Babe, we're vampires. There's nothing we can't do."

Yeah.

Nothing but living forever.

"Yeah, whatever..."

Just then, a number of footsteps and whispers were heard from the staircase.

We turned around to see the girls looking a little grim.

"Well? Do you know who it was?" Kris asked them.

They shook their heads.

"We don't know whose scent it was, but we'll know if we cross it again." CL answered.

"So have you got any theories as to who might have been in there?" Chanyeol said.

Bom bit her lip and shook her head. "No. We suspect that it might be a nomad."

"Ha! I knew it!" Tao exclaimed.

By that time, I was shaking.

A nomad vampire.

Yeesh.

"But, then again, why would a random nomad be sneaking around in _________'s room?" Sehun suggested, "Unless they're from Victoria's plan?"

That question made the whole room silent for a moment.

"That's true..." Lay pondered, "It has to be someone linked to Victoria. We'll keep tabs on that."

Suho stood up and went over to the women. "Thank you, ladies. You're a great help."

CL nodded. "No worries. We're just helping our friends. We'll let you know if we detect it again."

And with that, the girls left and shut the door.

I sighed and slipped onto the couch, sitting in between Tao and D.O.

"What's wrong?" D.O asked.

I bit my lip and shook my head. "This is insane."

"What is?"

"This whole protection vigil thing. I'm pretty sure that once the person steals my shirt and gives it to Victoria, then they won't come back again."

"We'll never know, honey."

"No, I guess we won't."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

an update at 1:20am T______T

sorry guys, I was super busy these past two days visiting relatives and such OTL

I will update again later!!

and yeah, I had to make JYJ the Volturi, and yes, Jaejoong is Aro cReYs

comment and subscribers are loved ^_^