newborns

Blood Bond: Eclipse

She sat on the porch, rocking back and forth with her knees brought to her chest. She was clutching , wild with thirst.

was on fire, bone dry.

She was gasping, smacking her tongue in to absorb any form of moisture to quench her thirst.

It was obvious that she was shocked and confused about her current state - her new life.

He kneeled on one knee, and slightly cocked his head to one side, observing her pain.

He didn't know that it would be this easy to create another newborn.

She cowered further back onto the pole as he stared at her.

She averted her gaze around the porch at the mayhem that the other vampires were causing.

Her eyes were wide with fear.

"What did you do to me?" she asked him, full of worry and continued to gasp wildly. The girl brought her stomach-length hair to one side in nervousness and continued to smack her tongue in . "I-I'm s-so-"

"Yeah, I know." said the guy in front of her, menacingly. Not so friendly. "We'll find someone for you to drink."

The girl stopped her paying attention to her pain, only to look into the boy's dark red eyes in shock. 'Someone'?! she thought, terrified.

The thought of killing someone to satisfy her thirst made her even more frightened.

"Just try not to get killed." he concluded, with a hint of shakiness in his voice.

He stood up and left the girl wondering what had just happened to her.

-----------

The final term for the year for school had just begun, and the guys (minus Sehun) have been studying like crazy.

I knew better than to disturb them, so I tried avoiding them as much as I could so they could focus on their studies rather than me.

Sehun would come over every now and then, but, since our 12th grade course had started, homework began to pile up even more.

To be quite honest, I was glad that they would spend less time with me so they could concentrate.

But, of course, their plan was still going to take place no matter how much I protested.

Sometimes, Suho would let the four women guard my place while the guys that were previously guarding can go and hunt.

They were working in shifts, I guess you could say.

On Thursdays, when Jason is home, EXO-guards would keep the shifts at night, when Jason is not aware.

I was pretty sure that he had a little suspicion in him.

Anyway, it was now the first Friday night of the first week, and half of the guys have taken me to their place.

"What's wrong? Why are you taking me here all of a sudden?" I asked them as they hurried me through the front door.

"We'll explain everything once we're all met up." Baekhyun pressed quickly.

We arrived in the living room to see the remaining six looking at the TV.

On the screen was a breaking news report about the escalating violence, murders, and disappearances in and around Incheon.

The cameras showed the debry and wreck that the vampire has made.

I gulped and turned my attention to EXO. "So what's all this about?" I went to the couch and sat on the armrest again.

"This is getting out of control." Suho huffed. "These disappearances and murders are rising constantly."

"No single vampire can cause this much havoc." Sehun added.

"No..." a voice murmured.

I looked up from Sehun to see Tao look up from staring at the floor.

"No one, but newborns." he said lowly.

I felt my stomach drop.

Oh yeah...they DID say something about 'newborns' a while ago.

"What's a newborn?" I asked him.

"A newborn is the state of a newly transformed vampire," Tao explained, "The first few months to a year as one."

I was a little confused. "What's so special about them?"

"The newborn state is when a vampire is at their most vicious, wild, and uncontrolled because of their overwhelming thirst for blood," Suho answered straight away, "And because they still have human blood remaining in their tissues."

It hit me.

Newborns.

Overwhelming thirst for blood plus human blood still in their bodies plus feeding on humans equals absolutely uncomprehensive strength.

And these ones are Cold Ones, which means that their power will be immensely stronger than normal vampires that drink human blood, let alone those that drink from animals.

"Newborns are so strong, so violent, and so vicious, that not even an entire army of armed soldiers will be able to stop, say, ten of them." Suho continued. I felt fear begin to boil up in my stomach. I swallowed the lump developing in my throat and nodded to let Suho continue. "However, they are completely undisciplined-"

"That's probably why the killings are so obvious." Tao interjected.

I cringed internally at the thought of my desire to become a vampire.

Would 'normal' newborns be different to 'Cold' newborns?

I hope that the 'normal' ones would be less...crazy...as 'Cold' ones.

But that didn't stop my want to become one of EXO's species.

"Wait," Chanyeol spoke. We turned our attention to him. "Newborns are completely out-of-control, right? And the murders are getting higher and higher everyday? I think someone's creating an army of them to destroy someone, or something."

I shrugged. "Victoria's probably so mad that she's going out to kill cities-"

VICTORIA!

I gasped and jumped off the armrest. "I know who's behind all this. I have a feeling it's Victoria creating all the newborns."

"We thought so too." Luhan said, "But we're pretty sure that she's just planning, rather than doing the actual work. She's not stupid enough to do that."

"We'll have to go to Incheon to try and stop them." Kris announced.

I turned to face him and shot him the deadliest glare. "You. Are. Not. Going. Anywhere." I growled.

"__________, if we don't stop them, then the Volturi will." he argued, not softening his tone. "I'm actually surprised that they haven't stepped up yet. What's taking them so long anyway?"

"I'm pretty sure they're waiting for the right time to get rid of them." Tao answered. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and brought my hands to my head. "Guys, please...don't do this...think about your grades, your future, your life..."

They only looked hesitant.

"I'm sorry, __________, but we'll have to. To protect you and anyone else that might get hurt." Suho murmured.

I felt my heart tear into two.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yaaaaay for a chapter about newborns >w<"

don't worry, EXO aren't going to Incheon anytime soon hehe :L

Oh, and a very happy new year to everyone!! ^_^ I hope all your new year's resolutions are actually going to be fulfilled this year because mine probably aren't OTL

please comment and subscribe!!!!