strategy

Blood Bond: Eclipse

I was confused. "Blood? What do you mean?"

How was Bom going to use blood to get me up the mountain untraced?

"I'm going to prick my finger and smear some of my own blood on your clothes and mine so when we travel to the mountain, the scent of my blood will mask your scent, so the newborns won't really catch it." Bom explained, "Plus, if the newborns end up smelling my blood, then they'll think that one of EXO are down; they'll be too frenzied to try to figure out who, which is going to be good for us because they'll lower their guard down."

I pursed my lips, unsure about Bom using her blood to mask my scent.

The idea seemed kind of...iffy...

"Bom, are you really willing to use your own blood?" I asked her, really uncomfortable about the idea.

She only nodded. "It's the only way."

"Come on, _________," Chanyeol called from the other side of the field, "We'll be the ones waiting for the newborns, and Bom has to give you guys a fire when you're up in the mountains."

I still couldn't bring myself to accept the fact that fifteen mortal vampires are going to fight an army of Cold newborns.

It was triggering way too much guilt for me to handle.

I mean, going on for weeks with a twisty feeling in your stomach because you've basically risked the lives of your mates for your own sake?

It was so wrong, so, so wrong...

"____________, we'll be fine," Sehun assured, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind me, pulling me close to him, "There's nothing for you to be worried about," he murmured in my ear, sending tickly shivers beneath my skin.

I honestly hated it when they did that. It would send my heart racing into a frenzy, and that just showed my weakness to them. I hated looking weak in front of anybody.

Sehun lightly chuckled and pecked my cheek before dashing off to join the rest of EXO and the girls in the line in front of Bom and I.

"From there, I'll give you and Kris a fire so you guys can warm yourselves while we prepare for the fight the night before, which is tomorrow night, and whilst the battle is going on the next day," Bom continued, "You'll have to wait a while before you can come back down here. Kris could probably read our minds when it finishes because he is familiar with us, and the strength of all our thoughts combined would be enough for him to hear."

That sounded like a very tactical plan, but I was still a bit concerned as to whether Victoria was going to fight as well.

Which reminds me...

"Luhan-gege?"

Heads turned to my direction.

"Yes, _________?" he replied with a small smile.

Butterflies began to form in my stomach before I gathered the courage to tell him the next part. "I think I know why you can't see Victoria in your visions."

Luhan tilted his head in confusion. "How?"

I pressed my lips together, still a bit nervous about my suggestion.

After all, it might sound really stupid, but, it's worth a shot, right?

"Um, I think it's because Victoria's using somebody to do all the dirty work for her so she can evade your visions. I'm pretty sure she knows that you have the ability of telling the future."

Luhan twisted the corner of his lips to the side, looking a little uncertain. "Probably...maybe that's why I can only see a figure, or a body part of that person, when they're doing something that's got to do with the newborns."

"Guys...what are you talking about." CL casually mentioned, snapping me out from giving all my attention to Luhan.

"Victoria's exploiting Luhan's 'blind spots'," Chen replied, answering her question for me, "She's only doing that so she can stay under the radar. She doesn't want her plans to be revealed, but, obviously, we've figured out everything."

CL bobbed her head in understanding. "It's probably the one that stole your shirt, __________; Ray Kim."

Minzy gasped loudly, widening her eyes, most likely figuring out something important. I couldn't help but feel the same excitement (in a bad way) as she did.

"Missing shirt? Blind spot in Luhan's vision? Flying under the radar? Ray Kim? That can only mean one thing!" she exclaimed, holding her hands to her head.

"Victoria," I breathed, "She's the one that created Ray, so that explains why he went missing...she's the one that used him to do her dirty work..."

Luhan slapped his forehead, his lips pressed together in frustration. "Ugh, how could I not SEE that?!" he groaned, "the pieces of the answers were right in front of us this whole time and we were taking so long to put it together!"

I bit my lip. "Luhan, if anything, he'll be travelling alongside with Victoria so he could fight as well."

"But still..." Baekhyun interjected, "Why would Victoria choose him, out of all people?"

That hit me.

Why did Victoria choose Ray?

He seemed so ordinary, from the descriptions I've read about him in the newspapers.

"Isn't he from around our area of Seoul?" Dara suggested, "That's probably the reason why she chose him."

I felt my heart sink in fear. I guess the newborns are closer to us than I thought.

I guess the chances of all of us dying are closer than I thought.

"If anything, we'll have to keep a look out for him," Kris added, sort of relieving me, "We know his scent, we know his face, so then, we can get rid of him."

"But guys," I spoke up, making the sixteen of them look towards me with their piercing stares.

Wow.

Talk about intimidating.

Placing my nervousness and worry aside, I continued. "What am I going to do up in the mountain? It's going to be freezing cold, and I need to sleep somewhere..."

The vampires exchanged glances at each other, most likely somehow telepathically speaking to each other.

A few moments later, they returned their gazes to me.

"We'll get a tent, or something like that, and a sleeping bag to let you sleep up there," CL said, "And before you say anything, you're staying up there because it's the safest place to stay while we're fighting. The newborns will get to EXO's place first, if they can track your scent."

I was still a little opposed to the idea of Kris and I staying on a freezing-cold mountain while the rest of the guys and girls will be fighting the newborns.

I guess I should be a little more confident in their abilities. After all, they are vampires. They're not some helpless human like I was.

I have a feeling that this plan would somehow go wrong...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I

am

so

sorry

for

not

updating in about two weeks

T_________T

I was so caught up in schoolwork and I have assessments in a few weeks, so expect some slow updates T_T

I know this is a stupid filler chapter, but I promise you, there'll be more awesomeness coming up!

Anyway, to make up for the time I was gone, here is a vampire spam~!

HOOOOOOO YES.

FRICK MY LIFE FRICK FRICK FIRIFCK

okay I'll stop my ranting and move on...

Tao as a newborn~

OKAY THAT'S IT FOR THE SHORT SPAM HEHE HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT ^_^

please comment and subscribe~!!!