training (part 1)

Blood Bond: Eclipse

The next morning, Kris came over to my place and picked me up so we could go to the forest to train.

Well, I wasn't training; the vampires were, though I really wanted to do something to help.

"It's not fair," I said to Kris while he was driving, "Why can't I do anything to help you guys? Even though I said that I don't want to bloodbend without the Circle, I think the fight is the most appropriate time to do so."

He only shook his head. "There'll be some way...but I'm not too sure what way, though. It'll come to us. But for now, just leave the fighting to us. We have the girls on our team. The newborns won't be expecting them, and since they have element control as their extra powers, it gives us the biggest advantage, on top of our coven's powers. Plus, they're going to give us even more numbers, so that's a really good thing."

I bit my bottom lip. He had a good point. I guess I've got nothing to do to help them.

Stupid human state.

Yet, another reason for me to become a vampire.

"Why can't you turn me now, and I can find some animals to feed on, and then I can help you?" I pushed, "Then there's going to be a newborn on your side, and her bloodbending is going to kick their asses!"

Kris sighed deeply and shook his head. "How many times do I have to tell you, _________? We. Can't. Change you. It's far too risky right now, and you won't have enough time from now until the fight to control your bloodbending. What if you accidentally bloodbended one of us instead of all the newborns? Can you bloodbend the newborns all at once? What if you can't? What if you bloodbend a few, but another one decides to sneak up on you and none of us can react quickly enough because we're busy fighting?"

I scoffed, rolling my eyes, and crossing my arms. "Fine. If that's what you want."

It wasn't fair.

I couldn't just let the vampires do all the work, risking their lives for a human like me.

I had to do something to help.

We eventually arrived at the forest, and Kris parked the car at some random place on the path.

I got out of the car and he swept me into his arms. I buried my face into his chest, and he dashed off.

Soon enough, Kris began to slow down his running, and I took it as a sign that I could open my eyes.

"Gosh, about time you two arrived," I heard D.O scoff.

"We were about to start without you." CL added.

I rolled my eyes and slipped out of Kris' arms when he stopped walking.

I ran up to Tao and gave him a crash-hug, though, he wasn't really affected by it.

I pulled away and leaned up to give him a peck on his lips.

He crushed me close to him and gave me a deep kiss, surprising me a bit.

"That's not fair..." I heard Luhan mumble.

I chuckled in the kiss and pulled away, making a face at Tao. "You should start training them. They're getting a little impatient."

He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "I just wanted to love you for a little, geez."

"COME ON, TAO!! WE HAVEN'T GOT ALL DAY!!" Chanyeol yelled, making me laugh.

I walked with Kris to the line of vampires that was in front of Tao.

"Our coven knows that I'm pretty experienced with Cold Ones and defeating them," he began.

I felt the excitement building up in me. I seriously could not wait to see them train.

"We all know what newborns are like, right?"

I looked around, and the vampires nodded. They probably encountered newborns before.

"Our kind has never been more powerful. So, that's why they were created." Tao began to pace across the line. "They may have force and strength, but we," he turned so his back faced us, "have strategy."

Everyone was paying close attention, especially the girls. They looked like they were ready for a fight. Their red eyes had it all.

"There are two important things you must remember, are, FIRST...never let them get their arms around you, they'll crush you instantly." He turned to face us and began to pace again, "The SECOND thing is," his tone lowered into something more menacing. "Never go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that. And you will lose. Are we ready?"

No one responded, but he continued pacing away from the line.

He stopped about five metres away from us. "D.O!!" he called.

Instantaneously, D.O appeared in front of Tao and they moved to the side so we could get a better look of how they were fighting.

"Don't hold back." Tao said, bracing into a fighting position.

"Not in my nature." D.O snickered and began charging towards Tao.

Tao slightly crouched and opened his arms, D.O rammed his shoulder against his chest and started pushing him back like a football player. He didn't stumble, he only remained stiff, and skidded backwards, as D.O attempted to run him over.

Suddenly, D.O lifted Tao over his head and threw him a few metres away from him. I widened my eyes in shock, but he landed in a crouch position, scrambled up, and began to charge at D.O.

The two of them began sparring, with Tao easily dodging every punch that was thrown at him.

Soon enough, Tao ducked under an arm-swing and flung his leg out, making D.O plummet.

I flinched a little.

"Never lose focus." Tao simply said and pulled D.O up.

Suho and Kris went up, taking a few steps backwards, and crouching into fighting positions.

Suho nodded, and the both of them charged towards each other.

Kris leaped to get an offensive advantage, but Suho only slid below him, stopping a few metres away from where Kris landed.

Tao was on the sideline, silently observing their sparring.

Both the leaders ran towards each other like raging bulls, slamming against each other with their arms braced on each other's shoulders.

They were continuing to push against themselves back and forth before Suho grabbed one of Kris' arms with both of his own, and swinging him over his shoulders, throwing him across the field.

A split second later, Kris appeared in front of Suho, his clothes covered in dirt, and they began to throw punches and manoeuvers at each other.

Kris growled and ducked an arm swing. He grabbed Suho's neck and shoved him to the ground.

I guess that was a good tactic to kill a newborn.

As Kris was leaning back up, Tao began walking towards them, making him look at the younger vampire.

"Oh, and another thing," Tao said. Suho suddenly rose from lying down and shoved an oblivious Kris to the ground like a wrestler. "Never turn your back on your enemy." Tao added, rolling his eyes as the fight between the leaders continued.

It was Dara's turn.

She stood in front of Tao and stared at him, cracking her knuckles with a small smirk on her face.

Tao motioned for her to begin attacking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another update coming up in about half an hour!

I split this part up because it's over 2000 words OTL