mind games

Blood Bond: Eclipse

"Do you think my mum approves of you being my 'friend'? What was she thinking when you rocked up?" I asked Kris as we sat in front of the fire.

He only chuckled and pulled me closer to him. "She kind of does, but she wants you to hang around girls as well,"

"But I DO have girl friends,"

"Yeah, anyway, your mum was really confused. She didn't want to give you a lecture about inviting people in your house without telling her initially because she knew I understood Korean and English."

I rolled my eyes. It was so typical of my mum to give me lectures about even the tiniest things. I've always wished she had gone with the flow, rather than stopping to question everything.

"Gosh. Sometimes I wish my mum could just be like other mums for once-"

Kris lightly gasped and snapped his head up from me.

His gaze was fierce as he was staring forward into the distance.

Something told me that something was going wrong.

I furrowed my eyebrows in worry. "Kris? What's-"

He hushed me. "Victoria's coming. I can hear her thoughts."

I gulped, widening my eyes, as I felt blood pumping faster through my arteries, and sweat beginning to dampen my palms.

! I cursed inwardly, clenching my clammy fists.

"Quick, get behind me," Kris urged, pulling me up with much ease. We took a few steps backwards as he pulled me behind his tall frame.

Panic began to consume me.

I felt my breathing and heart rate double.

This could not be happening.

No, no, no, no!

That twisted feeling I had back when the guys confronted Victoria and her mates at the baseball game came back once more to eat me alive.

Not only that, the opponent was no longer outnumbered.

It was Kris who was outnumbered.

How could he himself fight off a Cold One? It didn't seem possible.

"H-how-?"

"Let me handle this," he muttered, low enough for only me to hear, "Ray is with her. I'll handle it."

I gulped and nodded, popping my head out from behind Kris' arm, though the rest of my body was behind him.

I held onto his arm, just below his elbow, and pressed the left half of my face into his forearm, so my right eye could see what was happening.

I wasn't too sure what to think.

What if Kris wouldn't be able to handle the situation and a fight broke out instead?

Would he be strong and fast enough to kill the both of them?

If he wasn't, would I be able to unlock the bloodbending when only one of my mates is in trouble?

I kept my breathing steady, even though my heart was pounding against my chest as if it wanted to pop right out.

Then it happened.

A dark figure emerged from the snow-covered trees.

It looked male; he was tall, but not as tall as Kris.

It must be Ray Kim.

Why wasn't he with Victoria? Where was the red-orange-headed female? Could it be a part of some sick game she was trying to play?

I felt Kris' body stiffen, my grip around his arm tightening.

As Ray approached us ever so slowly, Kris began to speak. "Ray. Listen to me," he began, his voice firm, but reasonable. "Victoria's just using you to distract me. She knows I'll kill you,"

Suddenly, as if on cue, a loud, echoing thud was heard from the tree just behind Ray.

I lightly gasped, but I felt my heart stop. I froze that instant.

Victoria.

Her crouch position signalled that she was ready to pounce at any moment, if necessary.

She stared at me like an alien seeing life on earth for the first time.

It was terrifying.

Her red eyes bore into my soul; I thought I was going to lose my mind by merely looking back at her.

My breathing staggered as I turned my gaze back to Ray. How was Kris going to handle it?

"In fact, she'll be glad that she won't have to deal with you anymore." Kris continued in that same tonality.

Ray stopped his pace at a distance that I could make out his face.

His hard expression was slightly mixed with confusion.

I guess he was trained by Victoria to not show emotions.

"Don't listen, Ray," Victoria said, dangerously gently with a hint of shakiness in her voice. "I told you about their mind tricks."

"I can read her mind, so I know what she thinks of you," Kris spoke immediately, pulling the rope to win tug-o-war that was Ray's decision.

"He's lying," Victoria whispered breathily. If I didn't know that she was the most vicious vampire in the world, I'd mistake her for a mother conforting her child. Yeesh.

Ray looked down at the ground. It seemed as if he was fighting an internal battle with his conscience.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't. His love for Victoria, and Kris' warnings were really eating at him.

"She only created you and this army to avenge her true mates," Kris argued reasonably.

Ray's head shot up, his expression full of confusion and disbelief.

"That's right," Kris continued, "Mates. Didn't she tell you? More than one male vampire can bond with a single female, as long as the males are in the same coven. Believe it or not, coven of six males bonded with Victoria."

"What?" Ray breathed, obviously oblivious to the nature of vampire mating and bonding.

"Look," Kris pulled up the sleeve of his right arm, flashing his tattoo. "This shows that I've bonded to someone, and that someone is _________, behind me. She has the exact same tattoo, but it's on her back, along with eleven others. Do you have one? Does Victoria have one that's the same as yours?"

Ray slightly tilted his head to one side, furrowing his eyebrows. His eyes searched around himself, but it didn't seem as if he could find what he was looking for.

"It's not true..." Victoria said lightly.

Kris sighed softly. "I'm not going to say anything about this any further. Ray, you've bonded to Victoria, but the bond that she has belongs to her mates: Taecyeon, Nichkhun, Wooyoung, Junsu, Junho, and Chansung. It's the only thing she cares about. Not you."

Ray furrowed his eyebrows and turned to face Victoria, who was still on the tree branch, as if to ask "Is this true?"

Victoria looked hesitant before facing back at Ray. "There's only you. You know that."

He slowly looked back at us, then at the ground.

Was Kris' negotiation working on him?

"Think about it," Kris said gently, his tone softer than initially, "You're from our area in Seoul, for crying out loud. You know the area. That's the only reason why she chose you."

Ray looked up at Kris. His expression was still cold, but I knew that the words were sinking into him.

"She doesn't love you." Kris said matter-of-factly.

Ray looked like he was about to crack. He looked so mind-boggled, it was as if he was on the verge of crying and going insane.

"Ray," Victoria cooed, making him look at her for assurance. "Don't. Let him do this to us," her expression was full of false worry, though it was pretty convincing if I didn't know that she was lying. "You know I love you..." she breathed.

This time, the male Cold One clenched his jaw before he faced us, his lips twisted into a devillish smirk.

He stepped forward, his fierce gaze softening.

"You're dead."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRKCLFUKLCFICKLFICKFKCFFUVFERFURKCDFCUFUCDK

ANOTHER EARLY UPDATE TO CELEBRATE

THE

WOLF

TEASER

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

FRUDCKFUKCFFUCVKFUKC

Okay, a few things about it:

1) THEY

LOOK

LIKE

CRAZED

NEWBORNS

RATHER

THAN

WEREWOLVES

DON'T

YOU

THINK!?!?!

2) THE FUICKRGNIF TATTOOS

LIKE

WHAT

IS

GOING

ON

I HOPE SM DIDN'T COME ACROSS MY STORY TO SNATCH THE TATTOO IDEA UHDFJVK

WHOOP WHOOP TATTOOS EVERYWHERE FUCJKLDGHFS;GHD;FHGA;FGSKDGVNC;VYUFCJ

GAYUGAYGAYGYAGYAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGYAGYAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAY...

Anyway, I found their concept a little mixed up. 'Cause, like, if they're werewolves, then they sHOULD NOT HAVE RED EYES UNLESS THEY WANT TO CONFUSE PEOPLE TO BELIEVE THAT THEY'RE BLOOD-CRAZED NEWBORNS OR VAMPIRES THAT DRINK HUMAN BLOOD OAKY...

-phew- So, are you guys gonna buy both versions of the albums, or are you broke like me? T_T

On another note, I'M GOING TO SEE CNBLUE NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!! I'll try to take some pictures for you guys, though, I'll be in the general standing area instead of VIP standing =_="

Oh, and before I forget, you guys will see what EXO will do with the newborn girl (not naming her right now for surprise reasons~) in a few chapters time ^_^

Don't forget to comment and subscirbe!!!