a matter of life or death

Blood Bond: Eclipse

The following Monday, I went to Chemistry feeling a little excited.

Okay, I was always excited to go to Chemistry because of Sehun.

But usually, I would be arriving to class with my friends.

Once I got inside the classroom, I parted ways from Eunhyuk and Minhyun to go and sit down next to Sehun.

We sat closer together now, our arms always touching, rather than the maximum distance apart like the beginning of last term.

"So, how's the thing with Victoria going?" I asked him as I unpacked my things.

"We're still keeping tabs on her," he answered lowly, "Luhan is going crazy trying to search for some visions, but they never come. That probably means that the newborn army thing isn't stopping."

I gulped and put my bag down on the floor next to the table. "Man...this is so bad..."

Sehun put his hand on my back and rubbed it. "It's okay. We can do this. The hyungs say that they're going to Incheon after graduation, which is in about four weeks, so we have plenty of time to prepare."

I sighed as I organised my things on the table. "If you think about it, four weeks isn't that much time, considering how much is on your plate right now."

He chuckled lightly. "Don't you worry. We have the noonas to help us."

Even though the four women were helping with patrolling and guarding, I still wasn't entirely settled about the idea because EXO were still wearing themselves out.

"Calm down, jagi." he said and softly pat my back a few times.

I bit my lip and nodded, facing the front to listen to the teacher.

I suddenly felt my muscles relax and my joints less tense. It was all Sehun's doing, I know it.

-----------

"Amber's coming to my place today." I told the guys as soon as we were outside the school doors. "So that means, no boys allowed."

"But you're both tomboys..." some of them trailed.

"Wait, why?" Xiumin asked.

"So I can study with her without bothering you guys, and so that you won't have to protect me for tonight as well."

They stared at me for a bit.

"What?"

"Are you saying that we're annoying you?" Kris asked, a little offended.

"A little, yeah...AND you have to study, so I wouldn't be the annoying one."

"But-"

"And besides, if she's with me, then there's a smaller chance of the intruder getting me."

That comment made them ponder for a little while.

"Okay, then," Suho concluded, "At least let us come afterwards?"

I nodded and we began to head to the carpark. "So how was Hanguel finals today?"

They only groaned.

"Worst exam of my life," D.O muttered, "I'm so glad we don't need it that much in uni."

"Worst three hours of my life, if you ask me." Baekhyun said bitterly.

I couldn't help but giggle.

But still, I'll most likely be suffering the same thing next year.

"And I have Modern History tomorrow, geez!" Luhan whined.

I laughed once and ran up to him and gave him a hug. "You'll know what the questions are anyway, right? People would kill to have your power."

Luhan chuckled. "Not exactly, because I don't know the people who wrote the test very well, so I don't really know what they'll put on the test."

"At least you'll know what to study for?"

"Right."

"Yah, some of us have the same subject too, you know." Xiumin added sharply.

I rolled my eyes and went up to the guys who had an exam tomorrow and hugged them. "You'll be fine."

We got down the stairs to the carpark, and I saw Amber at her car, waiting for me.

"Oh, there's Amber," I pointed to her, "I have to go now."

"We'll see you later, sweetheart." Suho said and kissed my forehead.

I made a face. "Not in public."

He chuckled and I went to hug all of them goodbye.

"See you guys." I said and waved to them, jogging off to Amber.

She waved frantically at me, making me laugh and run to her at a faster pace.

"Dude, those guys seem to hold you back a lot." she said as soon as I reached to the car.

I sighed. "I know. They're a bit too clingy sometimes. I can't understand the psychology of guys."

She laughed and we got into the car.

About five minutes later, we arrived at my house and I opened the door.

I took off my shoes and put the house keys on the dining table.

"Room's this way." I said and motioned for her to follow me up the staircase.

"Your parents aren't home?"

I shook my head.

She nodded once in understanding.

We eventually made it to me room.

I stepped inside and threw my folder on my desk and the bag next to the desk.

She pulled off her bag and placed it next to my bed and sat on it.

"So I heard our next Calculus exam is gonna be REALLY hard," she began, as I pulled out my pencil case and books from my bag, "I mean, I've seen and done a few past papers in the holidays, and DAMN, it's stupid. The crap we do in class is so much easier than what's actually on the test."

I didn't really pay attention to what she went on about.

I sat on the chair and glanced at the window, and back to my desk.

"Is something wrong?" she asked, concerned.

I blinked a few times, snapping out of my thoughts, and drew my attention to her. "What? Oh, no. Why?"

Amber chuckled and lay down on my bed. "Well, one, EXO are always with you, and two, you're always looking out the window as if you expect them to come up and serenade you, or something."

I scoffed with a smile. "No way. Those guys? Come on...it's nothing..."

She smiled cheekily. "Really, now?"

I groaned and rolled my eyes. "Okay, I mean, it is, but..."

"Oh...I see..." she said smugly.

"No, Amber-"

"No, I can see,"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

She laughed once. "I can see that they really like you. I mean, the way they look at you...there's something going on."

I felt my body flush.

So she found out.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about."

Amber chuckled. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. Whenever you hug them, they always look at you as if they're in love with you, though I'm not the one to talk about love here since I have no experience whatsoever. It's just that...I've never seen twelve guys go after one girl before."

You'd be surprised. I thought. It wasn't unusual in the vampire world, though. "What are you saying?"

"What I'm saying is that if you do actually go for one of them, just be a little careful, because you don't know what boys are really like. But still, they're only human. They'll only act like any other guy."

I bit my lip and blinked a few times.

"And besides, you shouldn't rush your decision about them. It's not a matter of life or death, right?"

I shook my head. "No...it's not..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

filler chapter sorry OTL but I hope you guys can pick some things up in this one hehe.

anyway, at least I updated again, right?

please comment and subscribe!