control

Blood Bond: Eclipse

"Quick, take all the body parts you can and put them into piles," Luhan commanded, pointing to all the arms, legs, heads, and torsos, "They're coming in about half an hour. Bom, remember to set fire to all the piles."

Adrenaline was rushing through Luhan's veins as he rushed around to help the rest gather the corpses.

The images of the Volturi walking through the forest to confront them constantly played in his mind. It acted as a source of motivation for him to hurry and get the place cleaned up.

Apparently the battle and number of "missing" people had gotten so out of hand, the highest of the Volturi, Jaejoong, Yuchun, Junsu, along with the guards had to come to sort everything out.

"You, just stay here," Suho ordered the newborn girl. She only nodded and stood in front of one of the boulders, and watched the mortal vampires clean up what used to be the coven she belonged to.

Her gaze shifted across the field, observing the destruction made by the four women that controlled the elements, from the random bits of fire here and there, to the earth shattered and destroyed from its natural form, to the dull brown trees, withered and parched from the loss of water.

The memory of the male mortals being absolutely ruthless on the newborns constantly replayed.

One wrong move could mean the end of her. She now knew how powerful mortal vampires can be.

She was told that her species, the Cold Ones, were the superior race of vampires. How wrong was she to believe it?

"Minzy, go and get Kris and _________," Luhan called from across the field, making Minzy halt whatever she was doing, "The battle's done, and the Volturi want in. They'll want to know the reason why this happened."

Minzy only nodded once before dashing off into the forest.

----------

I watched the body burn its way to ash. Scratch that. I watched the fire flicking upwards and around.

Staring at corpses definately wasn't the best option for me.

To be quite honest, I almost threw up a few times.

Kris insisted that I wait in the tent until someone came for us, but I blatantly refused to freeze to death in the cloth-covered frame.

"I'll just close my eyes and pretend that this is an actual fire and wood," I protested.

"Are you sure? Don't you want to look at me instead?" Kris added smugly.

I scrunched my nose and gave him the finger, but he just rolled his eyes and pulled me into his lap before wrapping his arms around my waist.

Closing my eyes, I reached out, opening my hands, to absorb the warmth of the fire seeping into my frostbitten hands.

Suddenly, I felt warm air softly ghost on my neck, sending shudders across my body.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked sharply, turning my head to face him.

Kris looked up from my neck to my face. "Geez, sor-ry that I want to warm you up."

Honestly, we could be going like this for days - battle of the attitudes.

But I decided to drop it, since having an argument with him would be highly inappropriate at this moment.

Unexpectedly, a faint voice called our names. "Kris! _________!" the voice came closer.

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking forward over the snowy hill, as the both of us stood up at the same time.

"Is that-"

"MINZY!" Kris yelled to the rushing Minzy, who made it to us in a matter of a second.

I widened my eyes at her hysterical state. Though I didn't know the reason she was like this, there was a sinking feeling in my stomach.

Whatever the situation was, to scare someone like Minzy like that, I was pretty sure that it wasn't good.

"Minzy, what is it? Is the battle over yet?" Kris threw questions at her.

The waterbender only clenched her fists, making the snow directly below them curl upwards into sharp icicles. I flinched.

She gave a firm nod. "Yeah. Luhan had a vision too,"

On the mention of Luhan having a vision, my head shot up, averting my attention from the icicles to Minzy.

"Before you can ask, he saw the Volturi coming," she continued, releasing the ice and turning it back into snow.

I looked up and saw Kris' gold eyes fierce with shock, confusion, and gobsmack.

"And yes, JYJ are coming too." Minzy concluded.

Then, Kris lost it. "!" he cursed, before I felt his arms under my back and knees, lifting me up bridal style.

A yelp escaped my throat and I instinctively grabbed his shirt. "Kris! What is going on? What about the ten-"

"Later," he said frantically, his deep voice slightly shaking. I have never seen Kris this frightened before.

The only time I ever saw him this worked up was all those months ago where he was driving like a total maniac after that dreaded baseball game.

"Let's go, Minzy." Kris urged. Minzy nodded once, and I took it as a sign to bury my face into Kris' shirt.

After a few minutes of cold wind rushing against my body, Kris began to slow down.

The temperature was definately warmer than the top of the mountain.

How glad I was to be in the forest, warmed up, and comfortable again was indescribable.

Soon enough, Kris set me down and I immediately grabbed his hand.

"Come on," Kris murmured, and lead me to the group. "Luhan, how long?"

"A few minutes," Luhan replied instantly, "Ten, maybe?"

He closed his eyes, and Kris only stared at him. I knew that Luhan was showing him the vision.

I gazed forward to see EXO and the girls all in one piece.

They were alive. Though, they looked very tired, especially Dara. A trickle of blood had seeped out of one of her nostrils.

My heart lept for joy as I let go of Kris, and ran up to the first vampire I could, and threw my arms around him.

His scent filled my nostrils, and I instantly recognised him. Tao.

"Thank God you're okay..." I mumbled in his warm chest as I felt his strong arms slide around my torso.

How could they do it? They went up against an army of newborns. It was so hard to believe that they could beat them all.

Tao chuckled. "Of course we're okay. Like I told you, strategy always beats force. Fight smarter, not harder."

I looked up at him and then to his scarred arms. "Were you bitten anywhere?"

He bit his lower lip. "Um, yes...but it's alright. It only hurts a little..."

Groaning, I smacked his shoulder before looking around at the total catastrophe beheld before my eyes.

I turned away from Tao and slowly made my way to Kris again, through the destroyed field.

The ground was completely totaled. Cracks littered the earth below me as if the ground was plowed by a reckless horse. Multiple trees around the field were wilted, black, completely parched of water. Around five bonfires were placed scattered around the field. The most disturbing thing was that the bonfires used what I made out to be dismembered bodies of the newborn army rather than firewood.

I guess the girls were a lot stronger than I would have imagined.

"," Kris swore lowly as I went up to him, "Jia is with them..."

Before I could ask who this Jia was, an unfamiliar cry of agony was suddenly torn through the silent atmosphere. Kris froze while I snapped my head towards the direction of the source.

After a few seconds gazing, I still couldn't find the person that made the noise.

Could it be a newborn? If so, then why hadn't they killed it yet?

"Hush!" Suho commanded to the person.

"Yah, hyung, can you just control her?" Sehun asked rather monotonously.

"She's a newborn, Sehun. I'm trying."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Newborn? Where?"

As if on cue, a figure suddenly lashed out from behind EXO; I felt my heart stop for that split second.

Bom projected fire from her hand, making the fire land right in front of the figure.

A shocked squeal escaped its throat as it fell backwards before shifting backwards to Suho.

Bom raised her hand and clenched her fist, and the fire instantly went out.

She sent a piercing glare to the cowering newborn before turning her attention back to the rest of the guys.

I tilted my head in confusion. "What is she-"

"She surrendered," Kris answered immediately. "Only Suho would have approved. Tao would have ripped her to pieces."

"Have you changed your mind, newborn?" Suho asked calmly as ever as he crouched next to her, "We don't want to destroy you, but we will if you don't control yourself."

"H-how can you s-stand being around-d her?" the newborn groaned in a high, clear voice as she was gasping, clenching .

That was when I finally observed her.

Her wild eyes were a shocking, brilliant red, much brighter than Ray's. Her skin was of the palest shade of white, her hair long, thick, and black.

She looked younger than me, no older than about 15. I couldn't help but feel a little sympathetic for her.

I mean, she was turned into a Cold One at such a young age.

"You need to learn how to control yourself," Suho answered her, "That's the only way you'll be staying alive for now."

She only whimpered, digging her nails into the ground, her knees bobbing up and down in frustration.

I had an urge to speak up to her, ask her what her name was. But I knew that if I did, then things will most likely go wrong.

It would be like speaking to an alien.

I still felt really bad to stand in her presence. "Um, Kris, I think I should-"

Upon hearing my voice, she snapped her attention towards me, visciously glaring at me with those red eyes, feral with rage and thirst.

Her eyes were the most prominant feature - it was hard to keep my attention away from them.

"No, you're staying. The Volturi need to know the reason why the fight happened." he replied firmly, "They're coming in the north end of the clearing now."

My heart raced into a frenzy as I scanned the clearing, but I could see nothing past the billowing smoke from the bonfires.

After a second of searching, my gaze crept back to the young female Cold One.

Staggered sobs escaped her lips as she was curled into a ball in front of the fire, her arms wrapped around her legs.

This time, sympathy for the girl overwhelmed me. I really wanted to go up to her and tell her that everything will be okay, but if I did, there'd be no doubt that she'd tear my neck open.

"They're coming!" Luhan suddenly announced, his voice full of fear.

I gulped and grasped Kris' hand. He gave it a light squeeze in assurance, but I knew that this was going to be too serious.

They were going to deal with the head of the vampire authority.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay for another long update ^_^

This chapter just introduces a little bit of the newborn girl, who's identity will be revealed in the next chapter~

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting, but it will come! It takes a while to write one long quality chapter, so thanks for your patience!

And also, thank you to all you guys who supported me with my exams, I think I did alright, haha.

don't forget to comment and subscribe!!