BJ34

I've Found You..

 

***

“Refreshing” Junsu said as the three of them entered the door of the rooftop.

It was a cloudy afternoon and the breeze was cold.

Liyin saw Yona shivered and she took off her jacket and placed it on the little girl’s shoulder.

“Thank you eonni” Yona smiled and pointed the flowers at the mini garden. “Those are my flowers”

The three of them walked to the garden and take a closer look on Yona’s flowers.

“Here” Junsu said putting his jacket on Liyin.

“T-thank you Junsu-sunbaenim” Liyin shyly thanked him as blush appeared on her cheeks.

Junsu scratched the back of his head. “No problem…Just call me Junsu”

Liyin hesitantly looked at him. “I..I can’t”

The two heard Yona’s giggle as she was holding two flowers on her hands. She gave each of them the flower. “Keep it oppa, eonni”

The two looked at each other and smiled. Liyin smelled the flower and Junsu thought how innocent and pure Liyin looks.

“Eonni, you should call oppa, oppa too! Ne, oppa?” Hearing those words, Junsu can’t help but to laugh. This little girl is undeniably so loving and cute.

“Right” He took a glance at Liyin and blushed at how cute she was with that shy expression.

“C’mon eonni, say ooop..pa!”

“J-junsu o..oppa” Liyin tucked her lips, feeling embarrassed. Junsu widen his eyes when he heard those words. He was so happy that he wanted to jump and twirl Liyin and Yona around.

“Yey! Now get married!” Yona clapped her hands.

“Bwoh?” The couple in Yona’s eyes asked in unison.

“Neh, just like Jae oppa and Boa eonni” Yona’s eyes sparked the same with Junsu and Liyin.

“It would be nice if they really get married” Liyin said and Junsu nodded his head.

“Yona, what’s the name of this?” Liyin asked directing her attention to the flower she was holding.

“Gardenia..eonni, oppa you should keep that flower”

***
(Time: 5 pm)
Boa’s pov

I heard a knock on the door and I was panicking in the inside. What if someone saw Jae and me with this position?

“Hel..” I was somehow relieved when I saw Yunho came in with Yeonhee. But then again, they are the people whom I don’t want to see right now. Why? Because they were grinning widely at me. Jae, why do you need to sleep!

I saw Yunho got his phone in his pocket and before I can argue, he already took a picture of Jaejoong and me.

“Yah!” I half shouted, not wanting to wake Jaejoong up.

“Nice one oppa!” Yeonhee remarked and both high five each other.

“Why do you make my life miserable?” I jokingly commented and pouted.

“You know what Boa, you will thank us someday” Yunho said with full of confidence as if he knows what will be my future. Unfortunately, I’m not buying it.

“Yeah, right” I rolled my eyes and looked at what they are holding. “What’s that?”

“Foods” Yeonhee placed the bags to the table and took out five lunchboxes.

“We’re back” the three of us looked at the door revealing Junsu, Liyin and Yona.

“Omo eonni!” Yona stood in front of me and clapped her hands enthusiastically while squealing and jumping.

I raised my eyebrow, figuring out why she was doing that. Soon I got my answer when I saw her looking at me then to Jae. I blushed hard when I scanned the room and five pairs of eyes were looking at me. Not to mention, they are all grinning. Talk about scary right now.

“Y-yah..why are you looking at me like that?” I asked, sweat forming, throat drying, cheeks reddening, and voice stuttering.

If only Jae could wake up now, I can run out of this room! Wait, I can wake him up! Why didn’t I think about that before?

I nudged him by his shoulder and gladly, he opened his eyes.

“Eh~ I’m still sleepy” He sang with his melodic voice and the five of them secretly laugh.

“J-jae..they’re here”

“Who’s here?” He rubbed his eyes and quickly sat up straight when he saw our audience. “Oh~ my head”

“Show time is over kids” Yunho clapped his hands and walked towards Jaejoong.
“There’s your food” He pointed the table with his thumb.

“Oh thanks” Jae went beside the table and started eating.

“C’mon” Yunho pushed the other four outside the room and I glared at him. Darn, he thought of a plan so fast..ugh!

The door clicked and the only left in the room is me and him. Great. Here comes the butterflies.

I sat there looking down. I don’t know why but I felt awkward after the scene earlier.

“Hey..Hey!” I looked at him as he patted his bed, signaling me to come over and sit beside him.

I slowly stood up and sat on the edge of his bed. I was wondering what will he do and I gulped hard when he leaned forward.

“Yah!” I jumped from his bed and made a cross with my arms.

His brows creased showing that he is half pissed and half confused.

He lifted his shirt to his nose and sniffed it. Huh? What is he doing?

“What’s wrong with you? Do I stink already?” My jaw dropped so as my arms because of his comment. Really, what’s happening now?

He pinched my nose and pulled me again to sit beside him. He let go then picked up his spoon.

“Here” He lifted the spoon up to my lips.

I stared at him blankly, not fully grasping his intention.

“Say aaahh~”

I covered my mouth and muffled a laugh.

“Weirdo” He remarked and I shot him a glare.

“Who are you calling weirdo?” He grinned as I hit his back.

“Duh, who else? Laughing with no reason at all, what do you call that?”

“Weirdo…wha..Hey!” I crossed my arms and gave him an angry look. He only laughed out load, clenching his stomach as he lay on his bed but he accidentally bumped his head on the wall and it was my turn to chuckle.

“Dork”

He sat up and rubbed his head. “Ouch..that really hurts”

“That’s what you called bad karma, pabo..i mean dork” I stuck my tongue and he flicked my forehead.

“Yah!” I punched his arm several times and he did the same, playfully. It probably took a few minutes with us smacking each other. Nonetheless, I really had fun. We returned to the normal stuff we do, if that’s called normal to you.

“Now eat” He did the same gesture earlier and I pushed his hand away.

“I can eat by myself” I reached for another lunchbox but Jaejoong stopped me, pushing the lunchbox he was holding before to me.

“Let’s eat together” He suggested and even though I told myself that I will forget my feelings for him, it’s just that, the way he said that makes me warm inside.

He placed the spoon to my hand and pointed the food with his forefinger.

I get it now. He wants me to feed him. This guy. Really. Such a baby.

***

I placed the boxes back to the bag after we ate in silence. I can’t help but to imagine that we were a couple. He was staring at me the whole time and boy, it was so awkward for me!

“I’m full” He rubbed his stomach and his face showed contentment.

I sat on the couch and yawned.

“You want to sleep?” Jaejoong asked as I opened my eyes, only to see the he is right in front of me.

I nodded. I was tired physically and mentally. I was still worried about Yona and halmeoni. The couch bounced as he sat beside me. He rested my head to his shoulder and I closed my eyes. I was somehow comfortable with our position since it’s only the two of us.

After a quite while, I opened my eyes and turned to look at him. “Joongie”

“Hmm”

“I forgot. What was your illness?” I asked. I know, I’m a dumb for not knowing the reason until now.

“Well..about that” He scratched the back of his head as I made a curious look. “Umm..food poisoning”

“What?”

“You heard me” I saw him blushed and he covered his cheeks with the back of his hand.

“Now, you’re the weird one.” I smiled and he laughed.

We heard a knock and we both looked at the door. I stood up and headed towards the door. I opened it and I saw the head nurse. My heart suddenly beats rapidly. How was the operation?

“Good news Ms. Kwon” Hearing the first two words, I was relieved and tears starting to form on my eyes. I hugged the nurse, showing my deep gratitude to her and also to the doctors.

“Thank you, thank you so much!” I broke off the hug and looked back at Jaejoong. He was smiling.

“We’ll be transferring halmeoni to the room next to this”

“Can you transfer halmeoni in this room tomorrow?” Jaejoong asked while walking to our direction.

The nurse agreed then went back to the operating room.

“So you will be discharged tomorrow?” I asked, thinking about what he said a while ago.

“Yeah”

“I think we should tell Yona the truth about halmeoni”

The door suddenly opened, and Yunho walked in with a sleeping Yona in his arms.

“Where are the others?” Jaejoong asked as Yunho slowly laid Yona on her bed.

“They left..by the way, where’s halmeoni? Yona kept on asking her but Junsu and Liyin always changed the subject”

“About that..” Jaejoong told the story as I pulled the blanket up to Yona’s shoulders.

“So, can you stay at halmeoni’s room tonight?” Jaejoong continued.

“Sure” As always, I can really depend on Yunho.

I picked up my phone and dialed someone’s number. I smirked, imagining what will happen later.

***

As we were waiting for Yona to woke up, I told Jaejoong what halmeoni said to me at the rooftop.

It was already eight in the evening when Yona suddenly jolted up.

“Appa, omma” She cried and both Jaejoong and I went beside her.

I hugged her while Jaejoong patted her back as she cried harder. My eyes became teary and what she said next made me scared.

“Appa” Yona looked at the far end of the room and lifted her arm, like she was reaching for someone.

“Je..Jae?” I tugged his shirt as I gulped hard.

“Appa..appa don’t go! Don’t leave me!” She shouted as Jae was holding her back. “Appa, omma, halmeoni..where are you?”

He then put his hand on my shoulder, signaling me that it’s time. I shook my head in disapproval. “I don’t think I can”

“Boa..”

“Eonni..where’s halmeoni?” I stared at her and bit my lip.

I then turned to look at Jae. “You tell her” I seriously can’t do it.

But maybe, what we will do is for the better. She deserves to know about her halmeoni.

He sighed and held Yona’s arms. “Yona..halmeoni is…”

I closed my eyes and braced myself for her reaction.

“No..you’re lying oppa..No! I want to see halmeoni! Halmeoni!” She was shouting and I was more scared to death.

“Yona..Yona..look at oppa” Jaejoong shook her body but not harshly. He was able to get her attention but she was still crying. My heart broke seeing her like this. “Listen to oppa, araso?”

“Halmeoni is fine now. She’s just resting.” He wiped her tears and showed an assuring smile.

“Are you sure oppa?” Yona sniffed. “But I want to see halmeoni”

“We will go to her room..but promise oppa that no more crying” Jae held his pinky and Yona did the same.

“Promise” Yona said, sealing their promise.

“C’mon” He lifted her up and we went to halmeoni’s room where Yunho was staying with Seulgi.

As we entered the room, I saw them far away from each other. It must have been awkward. Poor Yunho. He is so shy to his crush. I smiled evilly when our eyes met and he glared at me in return.

“Hey Boa” Seulgi called and I sat beside her while Jaejoong and Yona went near halmeoni.

“What’s up?” I asked as I plopped on the couch.

“Why didn’t you tell me that Yunho will be here?” She whispered. I giggled when I saw that she’s blushing. Well, well, well, another couple after Junsu and Liyin huh? This is great. Too great.

“Halmeoni” I then darted my attention to Yona. “Halmeoni wake up”

“Yona, halmeoni needs some rest” Yunho told her and she pouted. “Aww, you’re so cute!”

“Oppa, can we go to the rooftop with eonni?” I saw Yona whispering something to Jae and I thought that she talked about me since both of them looked at me.

“Sure” Jae replied and walked closer to me. “C’mon” He held my wrist and pulled me out of the room.

“You two” I said as Yunho and Seulgi looked at me “Talk to each other!” I managed to say before I disappear to their sight.

“Where are we going?”

“At the rooftop” Yona sadly answered.

“I’ll go get your jacket, you go first” I went in the room as the two of them headed towards the stairs.

I’m glad somehow everything was settled. Well not really, about Yona’s parents.

I remembered what happened earlier and it made me shiver. Thinking I am in the room, it gave me the creeps. I hurriedly went out and ran to the stairs.

I arrived at the rooftop panting.

“What happened to you?” Jaejoong asked in concern.

“N-nothing” I can’t possibly tell him that I was afraid in the room alone. He will tease me for sure.

“Let’s go” He held my hand and pulled me.

We went to the garden and I put the jacket on Yona. She was staring at a certain flower and it got me curious.

“That’s a lovely flower, don’t you think? I wonder what it is called.”

She nodded and touched the petals.

“It’s Coreopsis, eonni. Halmeoni said that it was given to me by my parents” Yona replied and she felt like crying again.

“Yona?” I crouched down on the little girl’s level and asked her worriedly.

“She said that my parents want me to be always cheerful no matter what and I shouldn’t be lonely that they’re not here, that’s what the flower symbolizes.”

“I think halmeoni is right” I touched her cheek and smiled. “Think of it this way, sometimes we are only given few minutes to be with someone we love and a thousand hours to spend thinking of them. Even if they are away, I know they are thinking about you everyday”

She smiled brightly and hugged me tightly “Thank you eonni”

I looked at Jae and he was staring at a flower but a different one.

“Here” Yona plucked two flowers and gave us each.

“It’s called tulip and it symbolizes your declaration of love. I can feel that you love each other oppa, eonni. You don’t need to hide it.” I was surprised at Yona’s comment. He loves me? Really? I hesitantly looked at Jae and he was looking away from us as if he was embarrassed.

Is Yona right? But she’s still young. She still doesn’t know fully the meaning of love. Who am I kidding? Why would Jae be in love with me? Just a month ago, he told me about this Japanese model that he liked. When I saw the picture, I was saddened by the fact that the girl was really beautiful. She was tall and her body was perfect. Who am I to compete against her? 

My phone suddenly rang and it was my manager.

“Yes?..now? Oh okay..I’ll be there in a minute” I closed my phone and slid it to my pocket.

“Who’s that?” Jaejoong asked but still not looking at me.

“My manager. I need to go home”

“Eh? Eonni, can you just stay here?” little Yona tugged the end of my shirt.

“I would love to but eonni has work tomorrow but I promise I’ll visit you” I patted her head and smiled. “And Jae will stay with you”

“But oppa will be sad if you leave” She pouted as I softly pinched her cheek. She’s an adorable girl.

“Yona, you should listen to your eonni” Jaejoong stated and Yona finally gave up. “Let’s go back” If only Jae insist me on staying here, I will but too bad he didn’t.

“You know, you amaze me in handling a child” I complimented him and he smirked.

“Well, who can’t resist me?” He said and I smacked his head.

“Conceited much” I retorted.

“No, just stating a fact” I rolled my eyes as Yona giggled.

***

“Goodnight Yona” I smiled and kissed her forehead.

“Goodnight eonni” She said before closing her eyes and drifted from sleep.

“Goodnight Jae” I turned to him as he was sitting on his bed.

“Night”

I headed towards the door and when I was about to close it, I felt a strong pair of arms embraced me.

“I..umm, take care” He let go of the hug and showed his genuine smile. I was still surprised at his action. I didn’t see that coming, for real.

“Y-yeah. Goodnight Jae, sweet dreams” I closed the door and walked to the elevator. I smiled secretly to myself. For sure, I will have a sweet dream tonight.

***