BJ13

I've Found You..

Few hours later…
Boa’s pov

“We’re here” my dad said as we stood in front of a house after unloading our luggage from the car

“It seems familiar…this house” I said trying to remember where I have seen it before

“It sure is Boa.. We live here before when you’re only five” my mom replied as I looked at her then scanned the exterior of the house

“Oh? So that’s why..” When I looked at the garden, a flashback happened…
I saw two little girls playing…one of the girls was definitely me, based on the pictures my mom showed me..and the other one, I don’t who she was..she has a fair complexion and pretty too

“Boa..” the girl called me...she looked sad “Is it true that you’re leaving?”

I saw the little Boa tearing “Deh..but I don’t…I don’t want to leave” she sniffled and started crying..I saw the other girl cried also and they hugged each other

“Promise me we’ll keep in touch” the girl let go of the hug and spoke

The little me nodded and held her pinky “You promise me too”

“I promise” the girl intertwined her pinky and smiled “Let’s take a picture!”

The image suddenly disappeared as I heard my mom voice
“Let’s go inside” my mom said as she picked up her bag

As we were walking towards the door of the house, I kept on looking at the garden..who was that girl? Is she real? Or just my imagination?

“Boa, come with me” my mom instructed and I followed her upstairs. She stopped at the door which has my name hanging on it.

“This is your room” She said and opened the door revealing my old room. I felt a nice sensation when I entered my room..a serene feeling compared to the room I have before..it makes my heart aches, until now I don’t know the reason behind it..but I want to forget about it now..I want to start a new life..a new me.

“I’ll be heading downstairs now” my mom said and closed the door…I sat on my bed and looked at the table beside my bed and I widen my eyes when I saw a picture of me and that girl…

I left the thought of her and started unpacking all my stuff.
After I’d done unpacking, I went to open the window and I can feel the breeze welcoming me.. I took a deep breath as I closed my eyes and stretched my arms..
“Boabo!” I quickly opened my eyes and looked outside as I thought I heard a male voice..but I saw no one looking at me..

I went downstairs and saw my mom also unpacking her stuff “Omma”

“Yes dear?” she said without looking at me as she continues to unpack those boxes

“Can I go outside? I won’t go too far and maybe...maybe I’ll remember some of my memories” I said with my hopes up..and I want to know who was that girl

“Araso, but go back before it gets dark” I bid goodbye as I closed the door…now, where will I go?..

As I walk for a while now, a park came to sight and I decided to go there. I saw a little boy sitting on the ground being bullied by some boys..why is this somehow familiar to me? My head began to hurt as I recalled something…

“Yah!” I saw myself shouting at the boys on the rooftop..the little Boa ran to them and punched one of the boys..wow am I that aggressive? The boy stood up and held her collar but she kneed him at his you know what…the three boys ran leaving her and the person they were bullying before. When I looked at the boy, I can’t see his face clearly…
“Boa, Boa Kwon and you are?” Boa introducing herself to the boy and when he starts to speak…the scene became blurred as I came back to reality

I came near them and spoke “Yah! What do you think you’re doing” The boys give me a confused look and ran away. Oh yeah, I don’t know how to speak Japanese. I should have remembered that. Those boys may think I’m a weirdo..

My attention went to the little boy as I looked at him..I crouched and held out my hand “Are you alright?” I asked him but he didn’t say a word, instead he looked down.

“Hiro!” I tilted my head to my left as I heard a voice. It was from a girl running towards us…Hiro..maybe it’s the boy’s name

“Hiro, daijoubu desu ka?” she asked the boy with a worried expression…what did she say?

“Hai oneechan” The boy looked up and smiled to the girl

I kept quiet as the two of them talked about something…

When the girl finally looked at me.. she had a surprised look on her face “Omo, Boa is that you?”

“You know me?” I asked her, surprised.. pointing my index finger to my face…how on earth did she know me?

She suddenly hugged me “Boa! It’s you!” I pushed her but not harshly “What happened to you? You haven’t emailed me and call me back”

“What’s your name miss? You’re Korean? How did you know me?” Many questions are confusing my mind..and I want all of those to be answered…She knows me..she probably knows my past…maybe she can help me to remember some memories I’ve lost

“Yah Boa, are you playing dumb? It’s me Yeonhee..where have you been? It’s been a year since I didn’t have any news from you” She said narrowing her eyes on me

“Well you see…I had a car accident a year ago and all I know is that I have amnesia but it’s just temporary” I can’t believe I told her what happened to me since it’s my first time meeting her apart from when I still have my memories before I think…why do I feel relaxed when I’m with her?

“Omo, you have amnesia? Who the hell was the driver?!” She held me on my arms and shook me “But you’re alright now? I mean physically?” I laughed at her as she got too emotional easily..but I can see that she’s really worried about me..

“I’m fine but I really want to have my memories back” I looked down..I really want to have them back even though I want to start a new life..there’s still part of me that wants to regain those memories…

“Uhm, oneechan” the little boy tugged Yeonhee’s shirt as we forgot him for a while…

“Oops, gomene Hiro. Ikimasho?” she held the boy’s hand and held out her other hand to mine “C’mon Boa, let’s go”

“Where are we going?” I asked her looking at her hand then at her face..

“Let’s walk Hiro home then we’ll go to your house...You’re still staying there right?”

“Uhm, yeah..okay” I said hesitantly but held her hand anyway

End of pov

~*~*~*~*~

At home, Yeonhee and Boa’s mom are chatting with each other in the living room while Boa is helping her dad in the kitchen

“Yeonhee, I’m glad you came..How is your family?” Boa’s mom asked putting the glass of juice on the table and sat down

“They’re fine..still the same auntie”

“I see..well, sorry about Boa not remembering her childhood friend”

“It’s fine. I understand her condition”

“Can I ask you a favor Yeonhee?”

“Anything auntie”

“Can you accompany Boa? Your uncle and I will be busy for opening up the business”

“Sure thing!..I missed her so much and I want to spend lots of time with her”

“Dinner’s ready” Boa half shouted so Yeonhee and her mother can hear her as she placed the food that her dad cooked at the dining table

“Boa! Let’s have fun tomorrow..I can’t wait!” Yeonhee excitedly said as she sat on the chair..Boa smiled and they started eating..

After dinner…

“You girls go chat with each other…we’ll wash the dishes” Boa’s mom told the two as they stood up

“Boa, let’s go to your room” Yeonhee said and went upstairs followed by Boa

“Ahh..okay” Boa said…a part of her felt happy knowing that yeonhee is her childhood friend but another part of her felt sorry for not recognizing her…if only she never met that accident..

“Waaa..I missed your room” Yeonhee said as she sat on Boa’s bedroom “We used to play dolls here before…Oh! You still have our picture…” she stood up and picked the picture frame…

“So you’re that girl..” I said surprised...but from whom was the guy’s voice..

“Huh?” She turned and looked at me, confused..

“Nevermind”

With the company of Boa’s childhood friend, she never felt lonely when they were together. She learned some Japanese words easily and can interact with other people. She also got a job in the café where Yeonhee is working since it’s still summer vacation.

Boa didn’t know that there is a sea near them until Yeonhee decided to go there..

When Boa had time, she went there to calm herself...

~*~*~*~

Boa decided to go to the place where she can be at ease..she doesn’t have any work since it was holiday at that day..and yeonhee was with her parents to visit her dad’s relatives..

It was early in the morning when she went there…she sat on the sand, hugging her legs, and placing her chin on her knees…whenever she came here, she reminded of someone..but she doesn’t know who..she kept on dreaming about him but his face was always blurred…it’s keeps on bugging her..to the fact that she doesn’t have any idea about him and the scenes in her dreams felt so real..it felt like it really happened…but she doesn’t know if it’s true or not..she dreamt about the guy asking him what she wants in the future…about her birthday…about his confession…about the kiss…about the break up… what do all these dreams meant?

“Boabo..” Boa said and sighed..She dreamt of him calling her that..she was wondering if he was the same person who called her in her room before. “Who are you?” The thought of him never escaped her mind…she thought that maybe he was important to her…maybe he became part of her life…if only she can have those memories back…she won’t be thinking way too much like now…

~*~*~*~*~

Tomorrow evening…

Boa’s pov

“Boa! Look what I’ve got!” yeonhee jumped and twirled as I locked the door of the café.

“Papers” obviously saying what I saw on her hands

“Aish Boa, you’re no fun..” she stopped what she’s doing before and made a face “Here” She took my hand and put one of the ‘paper’ on my palm

I examined the paper then as I was about to say something, Yeonhee interrupted me

“Tomorrow at 5pm, ok? See ya! Need to go home early..” with that she ran and waved goodbye

“That girl..” I laughed imagining her reaction tomorrow...people passing by looked at me…I was laughing alone..aish that yeonhee always make me feel embarrassed..

I started walking in the busy streets of Tokyo until I heard his voice again “Boa, can you promise me that you’ll wait for me?” I turned around looking for that person but unfortunately he’s nowhere to be found..I laughed at myself remembering that I don’t know his face and even his name too, why try to look for him?…his voice, maybe it’s just my imagination..maybe it’s the effect of overworking myself…