BJ22

I've Found You..

I stayed there for a little while…enjoying the peaceful moment of being alone..mesmerizing the sunset and listening to the sound of the waves…

I found a stick beside me and I used it to write something on the sand.

“Hang in there” I wrote and whispered to myself. I smiled bitterly and decided to go home.

Now, I have decided.

“Boa! Gambare!” I stood up and shouted. I’m gonna miss this place… and him.

~**~

“I’m home” I said and saw some shoes near the front door.

“Whose shoes are these?” I asked no one in particular. I headed to the living room and was surprised with whom I saw.

“Oppa!” I ran towards my two brothers and hugged them. “Why are you here?”

“To visit you, isn’t it obvious?” Soon Uk oppa told me and ruffled my hair.

“Yah oppa!” I pushed him and start hitting him playfully on the arm.

“Oh Boa, you’re early?” my mom came from the kitchen holding a tray of desserts.

This made me stop what I’m doing and looked down. I almost forgot about my work and Yeonhee. But it’s the only way I‘ll forget him.

“Your brothers are here for a month to accompany you when your father and I went to Korea tomorrow”

“What’s the problem sis?” He placed my arms on my shoulder and as I looked up, I saw my family looking towards me. I need to say this now. I felt sorry for my brothers going here in Japan for me. But I’m tired of waiting.

“Can I go also? Back to Korea?” I looked down again and bit my lip.

“What?!” my eldest brother stood up and it made me tense. “Is it because of Jaejoong?!”
I was tearing up…he shouldn’t said his name…it just make my heart be broken again.

“Yah! Answer me” he held my arm tightly and I winced in pain.

“Hyung stop it!” my second brother said as he tried to get my brother’s hand off of me.

“Why are you like this! You’re gonna give up your studies because he’s here in Japan?!” My brother yelled at me. I cried and cried harder.

“I shouldn’t let you two be friends in the first place!” Hearing those words made me angry.

“No! Oppa you don’t know anything!” I glared at him as I was breathing heavily.
“I’ve suffered enough..but of course you don’t know that! You’re not here to know all that happened! Do you know how much pain I’m bearing right now? To leave and to be left by the person you love..it’s just too hard!...You shouldn’t let us be friends? Who are you to say that huh?! He was the one who’s always by my side when you, oppa, omma and appa are all busy with your work. He was the one who’s always there to comfort me when I have problems…You didn’t waste any time for me but Jaejoong…he gave his undivided attention to me!…now you’re telling me that I shouldn’t be friends with him before?!” I dropped to the floor and cried even more.

Soon Uk oppa crouched and hugged me “Boa…stop crying..hyung and I were just worried. He didn’t mean what he said”

I still kept on crying…I’d finally gave in. I can no longer carry this pain…It’s hurting too much

“Boa…I’m sorry” Soon Hwon oppa also crouched down and rubbed my back
“It’s just..I didn’t control my feelings…I’m sorry for saying that…I’m really sorry. I didn’t know”

After a short while, my crying minimized and my breathing came back to normal. I felt guilty with what I said earlier. He’s still my brother. I shouldn’t said that to him.

“I’m sorry oppa” I wiped the remaining tears on my cheeks and looked at him. ”Sorry”

“You silly girl…let’s stop this drama.” Soon Uk oppa ruffled my hair again and I laughed. I’m weird, am I?

“Don’t fight again kids..your mother is crying and wetting my shirt” appa said earning a smack on his arm by omma. We three all laugh at appa’s teasing to our mom.

“We’re not kids anymore, appa” I stood up along with my brothers

“Come on..let’s eat dinner now” my mom said and we all went to the dining room

“First time eating together” I whispered to myself and I feel grateful about it

~**~

After dinner…

My brothers and I were on our veranda, talking about stuff that happened in their work and mine. Telling them about my work, I remembered Yeonhee.

“Oppa..”

“Hmm?”

“Will you allow me to go back..to Korea?” I looked down, half wanting to know his answer

“If that’s what you want” I looked at him happily but then a part of me want to stay here. But nothing’s going to happen if I stay here, right? I stood up and walked towards the gate

“Hey, where are you going?”

“Need to tell Yeon that I’ll leave tomorrow”

~**~

I went directly to the café since I know she’s still there. I saw her locking the front door and I walked towards her.

“Hey”

“Wah!..Oh Boa,you startled me” Yeonhee placed her hand to her chest, surprised.

“Sorry about that..”

“Why are you here by the way?”

“I need to tell you something”

“What is it?” she said yawning

“I’m going back..”

“Going back where?..Wait! Don’t tell me”

I nodded and she held my arms

“What? But you haven’t talk to Jaejoong yet! I still haven’t done anything”

“Yeon..” I placed my hands on her shoulders and her arms dropped to her sides. “Don’t be upset. And in fact, you don’t need to do it. I appreciate that you’re helping me but I realized that if Jaejoong doesn’t want to see me then let it be. I know you’ll say I’m stupid but for his decision, I will respect it. Maybe..maybe we’re not really meant for each other.” I tried not to cry and I don’t want Yeonhee to see it for she’ll know I’m lying

“Boa, please don’t give up yet. Give me more time and I’ll definitely make you two see each other again.” She pleaded but I already made up my mind.

“I’m sorry Yeon. I need to move on. Thanks for everything. I’ll be leaving tomorrow noon. I’ll miss you.” I hugged her tightly, feeling really thankful to have a friend like her.

“I’m gonna miss you too” She hugged me back “Promise me you’ll call”

She then broke the hug and smiled “I still won’t give up. Come on, let’s go home”

“Our last night together” and my last night here in Japan

End of pov

~**~

Yeonhee’s pov

Boa went also with me in our house to say goodbye to my parents. We had a long conversation and we didn’t notice the time. Her brother went to pick her up from my house as it was too dangerous to go home alone at this time.

“Bye Boa. Bye oppa” I waved at them as the car drove off.

I quickly went to my room and called someone

“Moshi moshi”

“Hey Yeonhee here, I need a favor to ask you”

“Oh what is it senpai?”
.
.
.
“Deal”

I closed my phone and smiled to myself. I can help you now Boa.