Chapter 44

Showing You Happiness

 

Masquerade Ball I

 

It seemed forever, she was just standing there, wondering where to start searching.

She wanted to rip everyone’s mask off but it would be disrespectful if she did. But how else can she find him? If only she had a good look at what he’s wearing before he escaped.

She was going to start running until someone walked pass her. Sensing his familiarity, she quickly pulled him by the collar. Preventing him from going away, forcing him to be pulled backwards.

“OUCH! GUI! HOW COULD YOU?”

Even laughed, she wouldn’t have done that if she wasn’t completely sure it was him.

“GOTCHA!”

“GUI... You can’t pull on other people’s collar, it’s not right. DID YOU WANT TO KILL ME THIS BADLY? I have done nothing but good to you! You wouldn’t do this to a stranger would you?”

“Of course not, it’s just you Ah Ben. I recognized you in an instant!”

“HOW?”

“That’s a secret I’ll never share! But give me a hint! You might not have teamed up with my father but you do know where he is right?”

Gui... Cheating isn’t a good colour on you.”

“I’m not cheating, I just want a hint! Please.... Just a hint!”

Ah Ben sighed, looking up at Mr. Wu who was smiling, clearly enjoying his time. He slightly signalled Ah Ben to proceed, with an stern nod as Ah Ben chuckled. Wondering what kind of clue he should give out.

“Okay, but I want to go on a vacation for 2 weeks!”

“Deal! Now spill.”

“Find me, find me, I am the one who embodies a rose.”

“That’s so lame! Who thought of that?”

“Don’t look at me, I’m just following orders.”

“JUST FOR THAT, YOUR NOT GOING ON VACAT—“

He smiled, straightening himself before disappearing into the crowd of people.

She glanced around the area, wondering what that meant. It could be the roses in the garden or someone holding a rose... What does it mean?

 

 

 

Someone wearing a rose?

 

 

Gui Gui scanned the entire floor, noticing that the majority of the men at the party had roses in their front pockets, either holding onto it or for display.

 

 

This was close to impossible.

 

 

 

 

 

“May I have this dance?”

The man extended his hand, but he didn’t leave it out for more than 3 seconds. Impatient as he is, he held onto her hand. Leading her onto the dance floor, once the music , they danced the waltz.

“Ting Wei. What are you doing here?”

“I couldn’t pass on this party! Not when everyone is talking about it and if I didn’t go, I’ll be heartbroken!”

“Heartbroken? I doubt it!”

“OUCH! My heart is shattering! Your choice of words are like venom. Strong and totally unfeminine!”

“Your just a softie! Take it like a man.”

As time continued to fly, they were able to waltz for half of the time before Ting Wei chuckled.

“Save the last waltz for him, Gui.”