Chapter 32

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Aaron Yan's part

 

"Aaron..."

 

No matter how much Aaron wanted time to stop, he could feel his entire body freeze from her touch. Her touches have always been Aaron’s weakness, her touch, her warmth, her voice, everything about Even Wu Ying Jie has captivated him. Rendered him useless, some people say that men have the advantage over women because of their strength. But in this situation, he had no strength whatsoever. Because she has the ability to take everything away from him.

She already controlled his mind, his soul and his heart belonged to her. One and only.

She had already made him go crazy when she left him but no matter how crazy he was searching for her, he couldn’t keep the hatred he had. Because when he saw her with his own eyes, all the hatred in his heart dispersed. Just like that, it dispersed.

Aaron tried to get her off but she wouldn't budge. So instead of using brute force to push her away, he decided to keep her like this. He allowed himself to give in to his emotions and keep her close to him. How long can they stay like this? His hands slowly went up, wanting to hug her back but he went for her hips, pushing her away slowly.

"What are you doing here?"

"Aaron..."

"Don't call my name when you have nothing to say." 

"Why are you being like this?"

He tried to bring out the emotionless, cold-hearted Aaron Yan as best as he could but his mind and heart spoke differently. So the next best thing was to act, of course, Aaron Yan was no stranger to acting. "I have work. Please leave."

"AARON YAN!"

He watched her intently, they were both hurting inside, he knew they were both hurt but being as stubborn as he was, he can’t admit it. Even found herself continuously batting her eyes multiple times to keep her tears from coming out. He knew she was hurt from the inside out but he can’t show it. Not when she was so close to getting what she wanted. Her diamonds... Her happy ending... a fairytale ending fit for a princess. Seeing Even on the verge of a breakdown, he wanted to pull her close and let her cry on his shoulders but it was no longer an option for him.

Silence came shortly, she had tired her best to conceal her tears but it ended up coming down. She hated how she was weak on the inside, everything he did had the power to make her powerless. He was someone who dominated her without doing much, just with his voice, gaze, touch, and just by being next to her made her powerless.

"I'm going on a date with Sheng Yi..."

She glanced up to see his emotionless face, hoping there was a slight hope that he would stop her from going but he remained the same. The side of her lips curve into a grin as she found the tissue box on a table, wiping her tears from her face.

"Oh? Then I wish you luck, I hope everything goes well for you."

Ying Jie felt her cellphone vibrate, knowing that Sheng Yi was calling, she choose to ignore it. But even if she ignored the continuous vibration, Aaron heard the sound coming from inside her pouch. It would be a lie if it didn’t bother him but he was a complete moron to not admit it.

"Aren't you going to stop me? I have finally gathered my strength and courage to tell you that I love you...I know I am a little late for that but I can’t erase my feelings for you... Theses years have been painful for me, but being as stubborn as I was, I didn’t want to acknowledge my feelings. So I choose to conceal them, no one knew.. but when you appeared in front of me recently, I found myself constantly glancing at my door, wondering if you were going to burst your way into my room, coming into my life once again. Ya Lun, if you don’t want me to go then please, stop me... somehow.. tell me that somewhere... deep down inside you... do you want me to completely erase you? Ya  Lun... my feelings for you... do you want me to erase everything we did together?"

"Isn’t this what you wished for? A wish that Ying Jie always wanted. You once said that you wanted a man who could give you everything, I can be him. But I am not rich and I definitely cannot shower you with diamonds... You know I am not capable of it."

"Wha—"

She gasped as she suddenly thought of the letter that she made up. She opened her lips to explain more in detail on what compelled her to write that letter but Aaron stopped her.

 

"Please leave."

 

He walked over to the door, opening it as a sign that he doesn’t want to talk to her anymore. “One last question,” She stared up at him, hoping to meet his eyes.“When we were together at the vacation house, did you call me out only to play me? Tell me Ya Lun, did you approach me for revenge?”

 

 

 

 

‘No’

He desperately wanted to tell her that it wasn’t for revenge but he couldn’t bring himself to it.

 

 

 

She wanted to slap him back to his senses but she couldn't pull herself to do it.

She wanted to be with Aaron again, together again. But he didn't want any of it, maybe they were just too different after all. So she slowly walked out, she knew that her emotions were as stubborn as she was so she can’t get rid of them with a snap of a finger. It’s not as easy as it sounds...Everything she did, she had no control over anything. Her father gave her a choice, she choose the cleanest and safest way out. There was no one to blame but herself, everything she did she thought it was for the best but why is she feeling the tiniest bit of regret?

 

This love story had just written its ending, an ending that ended with two hearts falling out of place.

When he closed the door, he leaned against the door, crashing onto the floor as he yelled at himself for being too soft when he was supposed to be ice cold.

 

 

Even Wu's part

When Aaron closed the door, Ying Jie knew that maybe he just needed time to sort everything out or maybe, what he said was really what he wanted, for her to forget. To forget about everything, including the time shared with Aaron was something she tried to do, but she knew that she cannot forget them even if she wanted to.

 

Their story decided to end it with two hearts smashed into pieces with neither side having enough energy to glue the pieces back together. Their love story had just written its ending.

 

 

So she slowly reached for her phone that has been ringing continuously, without stop.

"WHERE ARE YOU? I CHECKED YOUR OFFICE AND THEY SAID YOU NEVER CAME TO THE OFFICE! WHAT HAPPENED? ARE YOU OKAY? I CAN COME AND FETCH YOU!"

"Sheng Yi... I'll meet you back at the company."

She ended the call while she glanced at the white door in front of her, wanting to go back inside but seeing Aaron's cold eyes, she couldn’t bring herself to it. So she clenched onto her heart as she wiped her tears gone.

"Fine, if that's what you want then I'll leave. I’ll forget... everything about us."

Once she said it, everyone came back, watching the scene before them. Their smiles died down as they silently felt Even's pain.

"Aaron Yan Ya Lun. I hope you find someone better than me, one who loves you more than I– no...  Someone who can give you much more than what I can.. yours and my love combined... and I hope that she will cherish you more than what I had given you. I’m sure any girl who you fall in love with will give you much more than what I did... Ya Lun... Ya Lun....”

She bit her lips hard, refusing to let her tears out but who knew... her heart and her actions refused to do so. So her heart ache, her mind was going crazy, and her lips quiver at every word and heartbeat.

Yan Ya Lun... Ya Lun... thank you for giving me a memory that I will not forget. Thank you for being friends with me, and most importantly, I thank you... because without you, I wouldn’t be able to move on.”

She whispered as she turned to see the guys standing in front of her, surprised, shocked, and clueless at to what was going on.

 

 

"Goodbye.... Ya Lun..."

 

 

Getting the signals that Even was sending, Ah Ben nodded as he led her downstairs before she thanked the guys for allowing her in for a brief moment. As they made their way out of the building, Even was trying her best to keep her composure together, but pain doesn’t have a easy way out. Once the heart gets broken, the person will start to break down.

"Are you okay?"

Ah Ben looked over to see the physically, emotionally, and mentally drained “Gui” Even Wu Ying Jie. It had felt like all the energy in her body have been out of her, how is she going to go on like this?

 

They stared at her walking out of the building as the three boys looked at each other, before quickly running into their rehearsal room to find dozens of papers scattered around the room with Aaron laying on the floor, completely lifeless.

 

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

 

Aaron Yan's part

"Aren't you going to chase after her?"

Jiro asked as he ignored him. Only to see Aaron getting up, picking up the papers that was scattered all across the floor, with the thought of composing. Jiro was frustrated with his behaviour, everyone has notice the sudden change when they were filming at the Wu Hotel but it hasn’t occurred to him that Aaron and Even Wu had history together. Not until today, even if they have no courage to carry on, there must be some strength they have left untouched?

As the boys watch Aaron pick up the papers, one by one, Jiro snatched it away from him out of frustration.

"I don't know what's going on but if you like her, you should hold onto her."

"YOU THINK IT'S THAT EASY?"

Aaron yelled out, he, too was just as frustrated as Jiro was, Calvin and Wu Chun paused and watched Aaron threw the papers again, scattering them around the room. They were surprised because this was the first time he had raised his voice. During their trainee times, they thought that they knew one another well enough to decipher one another but today, Aaron was still a mystery to them.

When Aaron realized what he did, he returned to the Aaron that they knew and teased.

"It's not easy. It wasn’t easy to begin with... It has never been easy."

 

Flashback

"Mr. Yan, my daughter’s happiness is what I want more than anything in the world, but she is a little shy about going through with this of engagement and of course, she isn’t certain of what she wants since she is still young. Anyways, the reason why I called you here today was to ask you for a favour."

Aaron signalled him to proceed as Mr. Wu continued.

 

 

"I want you to leave Ying Jie's life."

 

 

Aaron stared at him as his fists clenched, not wanting to accept his request.

"I'm sorry Mr. Yan but I cannot go through with your request."

Mr. Wu glared at him, no one has ever rejected his requests and certainly, no one of his status. “What did you just say?"

"I love Ying Jie so I cannot do this."

"Love? You youngsters know what love is?" Mr. Wu chuckled, looking out the window.

"Love... You guys don’t know what love is. Love takes on many different forms and expressions, there is love and there is pity.”

Mr. Wu stated as he chuckled. Somewhere along the lines, Aaron’s mind decided to wander to placed he never thought about.

"I have not known Ying Jie long enough to speak for her behalf but during the short time when we were together, she is a girl that I wanted to get to know more, she was the one who helped me when I was on the verge of losing hope, she is someone I want to protect, but having a blind boyfriend isn’t a girl’s number one wish so I went ahead and do the surgery, hoping she would be right next to me when I wake up. I know I am selfish and greedy and I will admit it. When I was with Ying Jie, I knew what her dream was. Although it was unrealistic, she tried to bring her dream to life. She wanted to fly, I know how hard it must be when she is the president of the Wu Corp. You asked me if I can walk out of her life quietly, I can walk out if you promise me that Ying Jie will be free to do whatever it is she wants, this is my wish."

Mr. Wu burst into laughter while he nodded, he had to admit, Aaron was becoming more and more like Ying Jie, their ability to give up for one another was surprising to Mr. Wu. He knew that his daughter would choose this path but to hear Mr. Yan pick a path similar to Ying Jie’s, it couldn’t be a coincidence right?

Unconsciously, Mr. Wu was starting to understand why her daughter is completely blinded by love. Because the love that they have was like butterflies, the ability to fly freely without any limits, that’s how they fell in love with one another.

 

In the end, Aaron and Mr. Wu agreed to their own terms as Aaron left the room with a heavy heart.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

Aaron got up and sat on the piano bench, struggling to compose a new song but no matter how hard he tried to compose a new song, he couldn't. His mind was all over the place, making it difficult for him to concentrate. But it was harder for others to watch them, then it was for him to bring his mind back to composing.

First it was Jiro who was frustrated, now it was Wu Chun and Calvin who had been watching his stubbornness take control, so Wu Chun snatched the pencil in his hand, stopping him at his train of thoughts.

"You should know better, you cannot compose a song when you’re like this."

Aaron snatched the pencil back, wanting to continue until Calvin snatched it again. Aaron glared at them as they looked at one another.

"What happened between you and Even Wu?"

"Nothing."

"We are like brothers, we are here for you. Now talk, what happened between you two?" Calvin spoke up.

"Can't you tell us?" Wu Chun asked as Aaron slowly became quiet, not knowing what to do. "Tell us."

 

 

 

 

 

And that's what he did, he told them, everything.

But even if he did tell them everything, will it change anything...?