Chapter 30

Showing You Happiness

 

 

 

Sheng Yi’s Part

 

"Ah Ben."

 

Ah Ben turned to look at Sheng Yi who looked like he just witnessed a traumatizing accident.

"The person you just said... Mr. Yan, do you mean the Aaron Yan?"

Ah Ben nodded, following Even as quickly as he can. One by one, everyone left the room.

Something compelled Sheng Yi to follow after them, he just wanted to confirm something so he decided to follow them, anxious to know if his speculation were correct.

 

 

 

Even Wu's part

"AARON YAN YA LUN!"

Ying Jie called out as he stopped, afraid to turn around to face her.

"Aaron..."

She whispered, he could feel her walking closer to her as she repeated his name silently while walking closer to him. "Look at me."

He didn't move, causing Even to stare at his back, wondering what was going through his mind.

"Aar—"

"What? I'm busy." He stated coldly, surprising Ying Jie.

"Let me explain."

"What is there to explain? You already said everything I wanted to know."

"It's not like that... don’t believe anything the reporters says. Everything is... complicated. Aaron, please look at me. Please.. Are we going to do this again?"

And he did. He turned around, showing his cold expression as they stared at one another. Then he turned back around, he could see Ah Ben and Sheng Yi watching them from afar but that didn’t mean anything to him. So he chuckled, finding this amusing as he glanced over to take one more look at her.

"Aaron, please let me explain."

"Miss. Wu, I am a very busy person."

He was about to turn around when he suddenly remember Mr. Wu’s words, piercing through his heart. He tried to make it seem like it was bearable but it wasn't, it was crushing him to the bones, making it hard for him to think.

"Congratulations Miss. Wu. You finally got what you wanted all along, a man that can buy you all the diamonds in the world."

He stated before leaving the building, walking away from Ying Jie who was trying her best not to collapse.

"Ya Lun..."

She whispered softly as her legs gave in, crashing onto the floor as she felt someone held onto her shoulders for support.

She looked up to find Sheng Yi holding onto her but she shook his hands off as she avoided eye contact with him.

 

"I'm no longer your little ghost."

 

"GUI!"

He yelled out, exploding as she walked past him. "I STILL LOVE YOU!" He walked up to her, pulling her back forcefully as she agave a blank expression.

"Gui... I will make this work, believe me."

"SHENG YI!"

He smiled, touching her cheek slightly as he walked out of the company.

 

 

Ah Ben stared at the scene before him as he touched Ying Jie's shoulder. "What would you like to do?"

She whispered quietly as he stared at her. "What would you like me to do?"

"Rest. Go home and rest."

She weakly smiled, turning around to stare at Wu Corp. once more before closing her eyes. Recovering from the surprises, she turned back to meet Ah Ben’s gaze.

When she regained her conscious, she found herself walking back into her office, scanning through the documents on her desk.

“Wrong answer... This is what I have to do, my work...”

She stated, taking her vitamins out from her drawer.

 

"GUI!"

 

He slammed his hand on the desk, stopping Even from touching any of the folders. "Ah Ben."

"Gui, go home."

She moved Ah Ben's hand away as she reached for one document but Ah Ben managed to snatch it away before Even had the chance to look inside.

"AH BEN! WE ARE IN THE OFFICE!"

She stared at him, wondering what he was doing.

"YING JIE! EVEN WU YING JIE! PULL YOUSELF TOGETHER!"

"What does it look like I am doing? My mind is in the right place now, everything else doesn’t matter anymore."

"Gui, stop acting like a robot! When you finally gave up waiting for Sheng Yi and began working in the company, I was happy for you. But I know that when you started taking over the president seat, many employees were not sure if you can handle this huge task of management but you proved them wrong. As one of your close friend, I like how you have the business mindset but as a bystander, anyone could tell that your letting others make decisions. When it comes down to it, you’re the one choosing not to deal with it."

 

"So? What's your point?"

 

"Just like this, you can prove your father wrong and show him that you can have your own happiness as well, all you need to do is to start dating again! This is all happening because you chose to be the one who carries the burdens without anyone having anyone’s opinion! You don’t talk about problems concerning you, you don’t like to express emotions, YOU’RE LIKE A WALKING ZOMBIE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! SNAP OUT OF IT!"

She stayed silent while Ah Ben kept lecturing his boss.

"Be it, Sheng Yi or Aaron Yan. You deserve your own happiness, by doing it your way."

He walked over to the balcony, opening the glass doors as the autumn breeze flew in. Ying Jie stared out at the autumn sky as Ah Ben stood in front of her.

"Your wish is to be like the wind, being able to go to places that doesn’t restrict you. I have always supported your decision. But once you stepped into the world of Wu Corp and business, you lost all of your will to be free. Is it possible to re-live that moment again? Feeling free and being free are two different thing. Isn’t this what Wu Ying Jie always wanted and I'm sure Even and Gui wants it as well."

He walked over to her, smiling like a friend as he leaned on her desk.

"So why don't you stop being Even Wu for a moment and re-live the life that belonged to Ying Jie?"

She continued to feel the breeze coming from the outside as she smiled, looking over to the pile of the documents.

"These aren't going anywhere. But there are some things that will if you don't catch it."

He signalled her to go as she punched him on the arm.

 

"OW! WHA—"

 

His eyes widen as Ying Jie suddenly gave him a hug, this was the first hug that she had ever given him. He smiled, letting her do whatever she likes.

"What was that for?"

He asked, messaging his arm as she laughed, grabbing her coat and bag. "How could you speak to your boss like this?"

"HEY! I WAS ONLY BEING A FRIEND!"

She ignored him as she ran out of the office, in a hurry while Ah Ben smiled. "Good luck Gui." He whispered as he organized the messy piles of documents, before getting a call.

 

"HI HONEY! I MISSED YOU~"

She screamed into the phone, excited as Ah Ben stopped and looked up, smiling like a fool.

"XIAO JIE~ WHEN DID YOU GET BACK?"

He asked, walking out into the balcony.

"Just now. I'm going to eat lunch with Ya Tou and Mei Mei so I will see you tonight!"

"The first day back and you’re going to spend it with Ya Tou and Mei Mei? What happened to spending your first day with your boyfriend that has been waiting for you since he misses you?"

"AW, I love you too. But I promised Ya Tou and Mei Mei and you always told me not to break my promises!"

Ah Ben smacked himself for saying meaningless stuff.

"Okay, I'll see you tonight!"

He ended the conversation as he looked out into the city, suddenly finding his life so much more brighter.