Chapter 42

Showing You Happiness

 

 

 

 

Even Wu's part

 

 

Why? All she wants was a normal party. Was that to ask for?

He can have any other party but why choose something like this?

 

 

A masquerade ball? What is he planning?

 

 

 

Wait! Just wait a second...

 

 

 

Flashback

"If you had a mask on, the one that loves you will be able to see through it. Knowing that it is only you." Ting Wei chuckled. Ying Jie eyes widen as she looked at him.

End of Flashback

 

 

 

Thank you  Curse you, Lu Ting Wei.

 

 

 

 

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"

She screamed out loud as she walked into the hospital.

 

THAT NERD MUST'VE TICKED MY FATHER WITH THIS PLAN! I swear, he always wanted to get back at me but didn't know how to do it...

 

OH MAN... I underestimated you my oh so dear friend!

 

 

"Mister Lu Ting Wei!"

Gui barged into his office to see Ting Wei putting his coat on.

"What's up?"

"You gave my father the idea?"

"What idea?"

He was completely dumbfounded.

"Don't ‘what idea’ me! You said it to me last time just to give me a heads up and now you guys are planning behind my back?"

"Wha— Hold up, what? I hint you about what? GUI! Slow down and give me time to understand what this is all about, tell me from the beginning! It has been a long shift and you need to calm down."

Gui deeply breathe in and out before telling the whole story.

"Ohh! You thought I tipped that genius idea to your father? It would have been smart move on my part but sadly no, I did not do anything. I have been too busy lately with hospital work but I did manage to take the evening off to enjoy it with my girlfriend.”

"ARE YOU SURE?"

"Positive. Now Gui, I need to see my sweet girlfriend so if you'll excuse me, I'll see you at the party."

Gui gave a long sigh, not believing that this was actually happening to her.

"Believe me Gui, this might be the best for you and your father. Just go along with this crazy idea and act like you own it! So... I will bid Adieu for now."

Ting Wei gleamed with happiness as he walked away, humming a tune while he walked out of the hospital. Leaving Gui standing there, curious.

 

 

 

Lu Ting Wei's part

Just like Gui had mapped out in her mind, it was Lu Ting Wei who tipped this genius idea to Mr. Wu. The idea on creating a masquerade mask themed opening night was Mr. Wu himself but the general idea was all Ting Wei's work.

 

 

Smart huh?

 

 

Ting Wei opened his car door and chuckled, happily surprised that he still have these corny ideas in his head.

Without much thought, Ting Wei decided to use his old book of charms and decide to do a surprise event for his long-time girlfriend, Janice.

 

 

 

Lu Ting Wei's Special ~

 

 

When Lu Ting Wei had lit up the final candle, he stood up, glancing at the beauty.

Ting Wei had lit up the room filled with candles, with bouquet of roses on the table. He patted himself on the shoulder because this was a result of his hard work so he felt overly proud.

"Ge, I'm going to hang out with my friends and your girlfriend came."

Ting Wei's sister called out as she opened the door to his room, she gasped out in horror as she took in the cheesy and corny ideas that his brother had left pointlessly in his mind.

She knew he was up to something but she didn’t know it was to this extent. When he came home, the first thing he did was run up to his room and closed the door, telling everyone to not bother him for the time-being. Of course, she didn't think this would be the result of the endless time spent here.

"So chessy! Geez, old man, you need to get back to the 21st century~ You are sooo lame."

She whispered as she shut the door behind her.

"Reallly?" He whispered as he glanced around the room, he was about to walk to his counter and take out the most important, beautiful piece of jewellery.

But unknowingly, his foot accidentally knocked down one candle, ruining the candles that made a heart and created a small fire in his room instead.

"OH MY GOSH! AHHH~"

Lu Ting Wei lips curved into a smile when he heard his girlfriends voice. But when he turned around, his eyes widen at the fire.

"OH MY GOD!"

Janice quickly came back with a bucket filled with water and splatter it gone. When the fire stopped, she quickly ran over to Ting Wei who stood there emotionless.

"Are you okay baby? Why were you  just standing there? Don't you know dangerous that was? How did it start? Are you hurt? Burnt? Anything? BABY! TALK TO ME!"

Janice was growing frustrated with every second that passed since he was thrown into a state of shock.

"BABY! ARE YOU—"

"THIS WASN'T SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN! I SWEAR! I HAVE EVERYTHING MAPPED OUT BUT THIS... THIS ISN'T WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!  HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN? EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT EARLIER!"

"What are you saying?! How about a checkup at the hospital? I don’t know if you’re hurting if you don’t talk to me, tell me, are you hurt anywhe—"

"This was suppose to a good moment, a moment where I could finally do what I want. I came back early because I wanted to do this in a special way. I have kept this with me for months now, waiting for the timing to be perfect. So I did all this crap! And LOOOK! My chances are completely ruined!"

Janice bursted out laughing as his face became flustered. Seeing this, Janice walked over to him, planting a kiss on his lips which left him speechless.

"But everything is ruined."

"I know. But at least I know your okay!"

"But—"

"You know, every moment we have with each other is considered special? Like this, who knew this fire would start?" She chuckled, noting his scheme. "But really, I can wait. I will wait. I can and will wait for that moment so Ting Wei... Relax."

She glanced around the room, looking at the wet, burnt floor as she sighed. "I think we should clean this up.." She was about to walk away when he held onto her hand. She turned around, glancing at the boy she fell in love with.

She became speechless when he held onto her hand and her eyes watch his fingers open the velvet box in front of her. And before she knew it, he was kneeling on one leg with the velvet box in one while caressing her hand with his other hand.

"I know we didn't meet each other off the right way, I was be the handsome playboy and you were the dorky nerd that everyone grew to love but of course, I caught you before you can escape from me. And now that we grew out of our university days, before I knew it, the girl I fell in love only got more beautiful as time passes. I guess what I am trying to say is that... I love you... Janice. I don't know how I am going to stop loving you but I said that I was going to say these words when we both found our place in life, our careers and our relationship. I am someone who you hated and detested and I feel the same way! But somehow... that all changed. I said I did not like nerds and you said you don’t like any conceited jerks, but look at us now."

Janice eyes started getting teary as she stared at him while he tried to avoid eye contact. But that didn't work out since she dropped to his eye level, making them look at each other.

"Do you accept this?" He swallowed. "I know this isn't the picture Kodak moment you always hoped for–"

"Marry me?" She finished as her lips curved into a smile. Sometimes, the roles would be reversed and she would take on the male role at times.

"Yes, will you marry me?" He muttered as she gave him another kiss, wrapping her arms around him. "And what if I'm not ready?"

His heart slowly sank as she smiled, staring at the beautifully cut diamond ring in the hands of her conceited boyfriend whom she finds herself falling in love with over and over again.

"Y–Yes! Lu Ting Wei... Of Course I’ll marry you!"

He paused for the words to sink into his mind before lifting her up, twirling her around as they kissed one another. "With lots of love, I love you Ting Wei."

He smiled happily, inserting the ring on her ringer finger as she watched the ring sparkle under the light.

"I didn't know which design you would like... But I pictured this one fitting you the most."

"Thank you, but this ring is really pretty so there's no need for you to keep on worrying about style."

She whispered as his arms went around her tiny waist, pulling her close enough to sniff his cologne.

"I love you." He whispered as he gave her a passionate kiss. It felt like time had stop when they were giving each other kisses since these kisses felt more sweeter than their usual ones.

"And I bet you do." She laughed as they pulled away. He stared at her as she gave him a peck. "You bet I do?"

"Of course! We can stand here and start our childish argument or we can go eat, I’m hungry!"

She stared at the neatly dressed man in front of her and grinned.

She was dressed in a dress that flattered her body well enough that would make heads turn. He thought that he would have to barge into her sisters closet and take out the least flattering thing in there so that he couldn't have to deal with the unnecessary attention.

But it was too late. Since this was what he signed up for when he proudly announced that she was his.

 

 

 

Curse him!

 

 

"Let's stay and cook dinner ourselves."

"IN THESE CLOTHES?!"

"If you want, you can change into my clothes or my sisters, I’m sure it’ll fit like a glove."

"Nahh, let's go out to eat! We need to celebrate."

"No."

"What? Why?"

 

 

 

Did he really need to say it?