Chapter 20

Showing You Happiness

 

 

 

"Wu Ying Jie... Ying Jie... YING JIE?"

 

The people around him stared at him like a manic as he apologized, rushing back to Fahrenheit as they looked at Jiro, who looked like he just ran a mile.

"What's the matter with you? You look like you've been running away from crazy fan girls all afternoon!"

Calvin stated as Aaron glanced at Jiro as he smirked, before going back to his script.

"That president... Miss. Wu? And that guy earlier in the business suit? Qiu something... Yeah, they were talking about something, it seemed like a lovers' quarrel."

Wu Chun sighed, going back to work while the only person who listened to Jiro’s blabbing as Calvin.

"You have those all the time, so what if they are dating? You shouldn’t be talking about them like this.. You’re going around creating scandals. Did you know? This is how scandals are created, once someone assume one thing, it leads to another."

Calvin stated as he crossed his arms, grinning.

"You can't be in love already, you don't even know her, other than her job and beautiful face. What else do you know about her?"

"I know her what she works as, where she works, how beautiful she is, and her real name!" 

Everyone looked at him except for Aaron who was closing his eyes, trying to memorize his script before their break is over.

"Even isn't her real name!"

He stated, Wu Chun crossed his arms, anxious to see if he actually knows it.

"SO SHE HAS A STAGE NAME JUST LIKE US?" Calvin blurted out as he thought about it.

 

"So what's her real name?"

 

Wu Chun asked like he was quizzing Jiro, quickly catching on, Jiro smirked, imagining their names on the wedding invitation cards in the near future.

"Do you really want to know?"

He was taunting them and it was obvious enough to make them groan, all Jiro wanted was to have them excited but instead, it was impatience that he received. Glaring at him to spit it out quickly before they regret ever asking him.

“Chun, do you know it?”

“Of course I do, as a honour business student, how do you not know the respective companies and their line of work? I would be trapped in a cave if I didn’t know the Wu's. But I am curious to see if you actually know it. That’s all.”

"Fine! Her name is Wu Ying Jie."

Aaron eyes widen as the paper he was holding fell to the ground. When he looked up to see everyone's attention still on Jiro, his expression received the most shock.

 

‘Wu... Ying... Jie...?’

 

 

"Why would she have a stage name and not use her real name? It's not like it's a big secret..."

Jiro asked as Wu Chun smiled.

"It's not a stage name, Even Wu is her English name. Since she does international businesses, she would use her English name for foreigners to address her."

Wu Chun explained as they nodded, quickly grasping how the business world worked.

 

 

"What... What d—did you say?"

 

Aaron asked as he stared at them, looking confused while they looked at each other, not knowing what caused him to have a sour expression. "What did you say her n—name was?"

 

"Her English name is Even Wu." Calvin said as Jiro chimed in. "and her real name is Wu.Ying.Jie."

 

When Aaron heard it, he felt his heartbeat faster as he rushed to the place where Jiro said he was moments ago, hoping to see if they were joking around.

But by the time he got there, there was no one around.

 

 

Flashback

"So Ya Lun, do you have any friends?"

He shook his head, leaving her with more questions.

"Anyone?"

He nodded, smiling like an little kid.

 

"Dr. Lu and... you."

He whispered, feeling embarrassed all of the sudden as the girl sat there, surprised.

"S—S—Sorry... I don't even know your name."

He blushed at his sudden out-burst but the girl could only smile, finding it rather direct but cute nonetheless.

"It's Wu Ying Jie." She glanced over at him, smiling brightly. "It's nice to meet you, Yan Ya Lun."

End of Flashback

 

What am I doing? Haven't I gave up on her?

 

His heart sank as he went back to the production crew, Fahrenheit members had questioned what made him act like this but he ignored them, slowly returning into the famous Aaron Yan that they knew.

 

 

Even Wu's part

When she entered the office, she headed straight to her office without speaking a word to anyone. Everyone was curious at first, but they figured that it might be the overwhelming stress at caused their president to look the way she did. 

She looked like she had just witnessed a ghost as she leaned against the balcony, inhaling the fresh air before her mind began wondering around.

It has been a long time since she felt like this. She had almost forgot all about it, no this was wrong.

She wanted to forget about it but as time passed by, the one she choose to leave made her regret her decision.

 

If she could say,"Long time no see, remember me? I'm Ying Jie. I missed you. I missed you so much... that I think I’m going to go crazy"

 

She wouldn't be feeling like this. She wouldn’t...

"Why did you show up now? When I least expected it, you show up. And when I want you to appear before me, telling me it's gonna be okay..."

She felt her tear roll down her porcelain face as she wiped it off, "You're not there."

 

Flashback

Pulling her towards him, wishing that they never have to part, he held her close to his heart.

"What happened to us?"

The man whispered into her ear as he held up the gun next to her head. Ying Jie started to recall a similar voice that she holds dear to her heart. A voice no matter how long ago it was, it was like yesterday.

 

This voice...

 

"DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LEAVE ME?"

End of Flashback

 

 

Even stared at the city, remembering the embrace that she felt, that embrace began to move her mind. As she recalled the strong arms that embraced her for the first time, a smile appeared on her face.

No matter how many projects she tried to take on, she always wanted to keep her mind away from this. This feeling... She wanted to forget him so that she could move on...

Just when she thought she had moved on, she realized that maybe she can't forget it. No matter how hard she tries, she cannot forget it.

His voice. After so many years, she still remembers what he sounded like...

 

"You've gotten stronger."

She lightly whispered as the wind continued to blow across the city, as it did, her emotions danced alongside the wind. To a far off place, hoping that he doesn't show up anytime soon.

 

 

When she walked back into the room to see Ah Ben standing there, surprised at the tear stained face. She cleared , sitting back in the chair as he stood still, eyes widen from shocked as he stared at his friend who showed no emotions up to this point. But now, he could feel that the Ying Jie that was held captive was slowly showing herself her true self.

 

What did Sheng Yi do to make Gui like this?

 

It was all he could think about since she was with him right? He should be applauding him because it has been a long time since he had seen a smile on her face, a genuine smile.

He smiled as he placed the documents on the table.

"Good luck Gui." He stated as she looked up at him. "I'm going to send you home early. Go."

She said as she took out her vitamin pills, chugging it down with water as she leaned back, still recovering from the crazy day.

"Gui, let's go home together."

He said it more like a demand than an question, making Even smile. "I'll go after you leave."

"Promise?" He asked as she nodded, signalling him to walk out of her office.

 

 

{ xx }

 

Aaron Yan's part

Aaron revealed his toned abs as he wrapped a towel around his waist, walking out of the washroom as he opened the drawer.

Lifting the shoebox and glanced at the shoes he managed to keep in mint condition.

As his fingers traced the outline of the shoe, his mind repeatedly called out ‘Wu ying jie is Even Wu...Gui.’

 

"No wonder I couldn't find you."